Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My subscriptions keep dropping

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:12 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Question My subscriptions keep dropping

It might be a one-off but for no apparent reason at all, anywhere between 1-5 of my 19 subscribed threads "decide" to drop their subscription* and this can be whether I post in one of the subscribed thread or not and if I do post in one of the subscribed threads, it can be either via my browser (Safari) or via the FT mobile app on my iPod.

*the latest thread to drop (which I have now re-subscribed) is this one which dropped last night after I posted in it via the FT app
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:49 am
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
By "drop" do you mean they no longer show up in your list of subscribed threads, or you are not getting the email notification (which is a sitewide problem at the moment)?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by IBobi
By "drop" do you mean they no longer show up in your list of subscribed threads, or you are not getting the email notification (which is a sitewide problem at the moment)?
Yes, they no longer show up in my list of subscribed threads and fwiw, I have all my subscriptions set to no e-mail notification.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:22 pm

Are you, by any chance, using the flyertalk iPhone app?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IB-Dick
Are you, by any chance, using the flyertalk iPhone app?
Yes, I use the app (on my iPod touch) but also my web browser (Safari) on my iMac and laptop.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:28 am
Original Poster

It happened again last night

the following 3 threads dropped-and all from the TalkBoard 2011 Elections Forum (yeah, Im running for Talkboard and I subscribe not only to the forum but also each new question thread as it opens up)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...community.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...rm-limits.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...vel-sites.html
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Bumping this as it happened again

3/21: The following threads dropped from my subscriptions

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hread-pss.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/check...-1-2012-a.html

3/22: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hread-pss.html
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:08 pm

I've alerted tech.

Can you fill me in on what browser/version you're using, if you're using the app as well, etc?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for getting back to me and I am using both Safari* (primary) and firefox** (secondary and rarely used for F/t) as well as the iPhone*** app

***most up to date iPhone app (sorry but I don't know where to look for the version number )
Old Mar 22, 2012, 4:50 pm

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your POV) this does not seem to be a FT site issue; unless this is happening to more members we have to assume it's a local issue at your browser/ISP/etc.

I'm wondering how you've been setting the subscriptions that are dropping off as opposed to the ones that are sticking with you -- differently? Are the ones that dropped ones that you set in FF versus Safari for the others or vice-versa? Or maybe even you set them through the app?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IBobi
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your POV) this does not seem to be a FT site issue; unless this is happening to more members we have to assume it's a local issue at your browser/ISP/etc.

I'm wondering how you've been setting the subscriptions that are dropping off as opposed to the ones that are sticking with you -- differently? Are the ones that dropped ones that you set in FF versus Safari for the others or vice-versa? Or maybe even you set them through the app?
It's all done/subscribed thru Safari as FF is my back-up browser and the app is too cumbersome (no offense meant ) and all my subscriptions are set up the same way with no notifications at all and my sop has always been (for years) to clear my cache and cookies before I quit Safari (and you mention my ISP but nothing is hosted by them for me as it all resides on my computer)
Old Mar 24, 2012, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

And another subscription dropped

Like the subject says.....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyer...ife-yours.html
Old Apr 13, 2012, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goalie
The above subscription dropped again and it's interesting as I donated blood yesterday, logged in to F/t via my iPhone while donating, found the thread under my list of subscribed threads, posted and today when I checked, I am unsubscribed and had to re-subscribe

Edited to add: This thread also dropped overnight and I did not post to it yesterday

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hread-pss.html

Last edited by goalie; Apr 13, 2012 at 10:15 am Reason: Added additional info
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:06 pm

I'm not seeing other reports of this; I would try CTRL-F5 to refresh your browser, try a different browser.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:30 pm

Also I'm wondering if you are inadvertently unsubscribing using the App.

Maybe try not using it for a few days and seeing if your unsubscribes stop happening?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.