Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My subscriptions keep dropping

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:41 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by IBobi
I'm not seeing other reports of this; I would try CTRL-F5 to refresh your browser, try a different browser.
That wouldn't be the issue as I refresh/reset my browser every time I quit (on both my laptop and desktop machine)

Also I'm wondering if you are inadvertently unsubscribing using the App.

Maybe try not using it for a few days and seeing if your unsubscribes stop happening?
You know, this may be a factor with fat fingers and all. Not sure but a good point and with that, I take it that there is no "are you sure you want to unsubscribe" warning like there is when one logs out on the app?

But I will add one data point and that is that I did not get my iPhone until mid November and I did not have a smart phone prior to that and this was happening back in October during the talk board candidate discussions

And to add, my last post in this "dropped" thread was 4/11 which dropped on 4/12 if that helps

Last edited by goalie; Apr 13, 2012 at 8:52 pm
Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
I posted to the following thread last night via the app on my iPhone and was very careful to make sure that I did not unsubscribe (or do anything else other than just post) and it again dropped from my list of subscribed threads.....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...hread-pss.html
Old Apr 17, 2012, 2:51 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
...so did you get any dropped threads while you were not using the app, or is it dropping only while using the app?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

It started in October and that was before I got my iphone in Novmeber
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goalie
I posted to the following thread last night via the app on my iPhone and was very careful to make sure that I did not unsubscribe (or do anything else other than just post) and it again dropped from my list of subscribed threads.....

And this thread dropped again and I haven't been on F/t for over 24 hours until now
Old May 15, 2012, 11:54 am
Original Poster

And this thread dropped again and I haven't been on F/t for over 24 hours until now
And the above thread dropped yet again and sorry to sound "cranky", but it's starting to get old real fast.....
Old May 15, 2012, 12:00 pm

And the above thread dropped yet again and sorry to sound "cranky", but it's starting to get old real fast.....
Unfortunately my technician has not been able to replicate this behavior. Given that it only seems to be happening to your account, it seems like an error on your end but I have no idea what could be doing it.
Old May 16, 2012, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Unfortunately my technician has not been able to replicate this behavior. Given that it only seems to be happening to your account, it seems like an error on your end but I have no idea what could be doing it.
Any thoughts as what I can be "doing wrong"?

I use 3 devices-laptop, desktop and iPhone and each time I log out using either the laptop and the desktop, I mark all forums as read (can't do that on the iPhone) and have not changed any settings on any of the devices

Also, I posted this from my iPhone last night and the thread dropped from my subscriptions when I looked this morning.
Old May 16, 2012, 9:39 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
<snip>each time I log out using either the laptop and the desktop<snip>
I'm not a techie, but I'll take a shot at it - If I'm understanding what I quoted above correctly, when you're done with your FT experience (I like the way that sounds ), you hit the "Log Out" link every time, regardless of device? If the answer is yes, maybe try staying logged in on all devices and see if the behavior of subscriptions continues?
Old May 16, 2012, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lo2e
I'm not a techie, but I'll take a shot at it - If I'm understanding what I quoted above correctly, when you're done with your FT experience (I like the way that sounds ), you hit the "Log Out" link every time, regardless of device? If the answer is yes, maybe try staying logged in on all devices and see if the behavior of subscriptions continues?
Yup, I not only log out but I mark all forums as read before I log out. I prefer to do this as I don't like staying logged in from a security standpoint and I've done this from day one-complete with clearing my cache 'n cookies and the problem started when I made my first post in this thread back in October, 2011.
Old May 16, 2012, 3:53 pm

If you'd like me to try a shot in the dark, I can disconnect your profile from Facebook Connect and see if that helps. There have been various and sundry issues with FB Connect and, what the heck? You've got a normal email address registered with us...

Let me know.
Old May 16, 2012, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

If you'd like me to try a shot in the dark, I can disconnect your profile from Facebook Connect and see if that helps. There have been various and sundry issues with FB Connect and, what the heck? You've got a normal email address registered with us...

Let me know.
You may fire when ready but iirc, I tried the FB Connect when it first came out but where I didn't like it, I disconnect it.
Old May 17, 2012, 5:16 pm

Done.

Here goes nothing -- let me know what happens...
Old May 22, 2012, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Done.

Here goes nothing -- let me know what happens...
As my late grandmother would say, I don't want to give it the bad eye but it seems to be working so maybe whatever you did worked?
Old May 22, 2012, 12:33 pm

As my late grandmother would say, I don't want to give it the bad eye but it seems to be working so maybe whatever you did worked?
Cool!

Let me know if it comes back. I don't really know what to do next, but at least we'll know if it didn't work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.