Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Flyertalk iPhone App Feedback (all versions)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk iPhone App Feedback (all versions)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2010, 6:27 am

Programs: AA, UA, NW, DL, Marriott
newest first?

Is there not a way to sort a thread's list msga by newest first? Perhaps make it a setting or preference after logging in? Some threads as you know have over 1k+ msgs and flicking or scrolling to the end is just too cumbersome.

How about increasing font size? I see that that is available when composing a msg but how about for overall viewing?

Thanks. I still have high hopes this app will be my favorite come v1.01
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cblaisd
If you are replying to a PM, and try to add a second recipient in addition to the original sender, the message screen where you've written your message goes blank.
I'm passing this along to QA.

Originally Posted by jonnye
Have you applied a major update in the last 24hrs?

I've just logged back in (on iPhone4 iOS 4.2.1) and i'm seeing NO Ads and plenty more space for real content.

Along the top of the page are the 'page numbers' which you just swipe to scroll and then i would say 75% of the screen is dedicated to 'Text / Post' content with 10% at the bottom for (Subscribe / Search).

Is anyone else seeing the same?
No, we haven't done an update.

Originally Posted by Justme123456
Is there not a way to sort a thread's list msga by newest first?
No, but that's a great suggestion.

Originally Posted by Justme123456
Thanks. I still have high hopes this app will be my favorite come v1.01
Me too! We're taking user feedback very seriously!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 1:59 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Like the app- thanks...

Though I have an iPad and will probably nit use it until there is one that is sized for the iPad.

Also, don't like the ads- would rather pay a small fee for the app.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 4:37 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Too many ads, not enough functionality. Plus, the iPad version looks terrible.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Too many ads, but better than the old mobile.flyertalk.com website.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 6:09 pm

This looks as if it has been designed and tested by people who don't actually use FT. It shouldn't really come as a surprise that people want an equivalent of the My Flyertalk button, or that it is almost unusable with the advertisements. Has the mobile site gone, because I can't access it any more (but would prefer to)?
Old Dec 22, 2010, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by Disco Volante
This looks as if it has been designed and tested by people who don't actually use FT. It shouldn't really come as a surprise that people want an equivalent of the My Flyertalk button, or that it is almost unusable with the advertisements. Has the mobile site gone, because I can't access it any more (but would prefer to)?
Yup it's still up and running. http://flyertalk.com/wap/
Old Dec 22, 2010, 6:27 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I think it is pretty good. The only thing is the ads that bother me. Also stuff seems to be taking some time to load, but that might just be my connection.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 7:27 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by friendlyskies
kind of defeats the purpose of signing up for ft premium if you include advertisements on the mobile version. Any chance of dumping the ads for those of us paying?
+1

Originally Posted by cholula
i'm willing to pay handsomely for an ad-free version of any app that i use on a regular basis.

That's why i studiously avoid apps that are "free" because nothing, obviously, is free and the ads on a small iphone screen are beyond annoying.

I'll be glad to use the new app when/if i can buy an ad-free version.
+1
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:03 am
Original Poster

There is now an update in the apple store for the app that should fix the crashing. We really wanted to try to incorporate more of your feedback into the app, but submission had to be in before midnight last night and we couldn't get everything done. I'm actually shocked that it got approved under 24 hours.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Not bad for a beginner But why can't I add a picture to my profile ? I can even edit my profile. I made Silver for EB and would like to add that .
Old Dec 23, 2010, 9:40 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Unfortunately, I deleted the app from my iPhone after 2 days. Too much real estate used for ads. No other app I use has that many ads and it really makes the app unusable. Clearly, you deserve to get ad revenue on a free app, but the implementation is the worst I have seen. No offense intended.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 4:16 am

Programs: UA 1MM *G (recovered GS), SPG Nothing, Hilton Nothing, AA Nothing
Wirelessly posted (RIM BlackBerry 8700c: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by IB-Dick
There is now an update in the apple store for the app that should fix the crashing. We really wanted to try to incorporate more of your feedback into the app, but submission had to be in before midnight last night and we couldn't get everything done. I'm actually shocked that it got approved under 24 hours.
Nice response time!

App is ok and i don't mind the ads too much, but the glaring omission of a "my forums" list means the mobile web version wins for now.

I'm not sure what you did in terms of user testing by actual FT users, but I would be very surprised if much was done because like an earlier poster on this thread i can't imagine any tester using this app and not immediately flagging this omission.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Logic dictates that if twice as many people would use the app if you only reduced the number of adds by 50% you would generate the same revenue...

As it is now, it is getting deleted.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 4:26 am

Programs: UA 1MM *G (recovered GS), SPG Nothing, Hilton Nothing, AA Nothing
Wirelessly posted (RIM BlackBerry 8700c: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by IB-Dick
Nice response time!

App is ok and i don't mind the ads too much, but the glaring omission of a "my forums" list means the mobile web version wins for now.

I'm not sure what you did in terms of user testing by actual FT users, but I would be very surprised if much was done because like an earlier poster on this thread i can't imagine any tester using this app and not immediately flagging this omission.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.