Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Flyertalk iPhone App Feedback (all versions)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk iPhone App Feedback (all versions)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2011, 9:51 am

Programs: Delta 360, Alaska Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
I have had several issues with the iPhone app
- crashes frequently and doesn't bookmark where it was
- doesn't rotate
- every link I have tried to follow doesn't work (i.e. embedded link in a posting).
- when people point to another thread it's very frustrating to try and go there. First you need to open that post, then click on the link, then it jumps to safari, then the link doesn't work.
- I can't see my FT profile info
Old Mar 4, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: Delta 360, Alaska Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Overall I like the performance. It's snappy with few delays which are more likely due to waiting for data.

When can we expect the next update?
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA 1P, HH Silver
not meant to hijack... but any plan the app coming to wm7?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 9:39 am

How about an iPad-specific app?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 4:43 pm

Whether FT or the new competitor, whomever can nail a good mobile experience first, whether by an app. or mobile web, will get most of my activity moving forward. The opportunity is wide open for FT or the "other guys" to do this as neither is even close now.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 9:27 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Diamond, AA LT Gold, SouthWest Comp Pass
Originally Posted by nashflyer
+1 on this!
Old Apr 12, 2011, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by nashflyer
Originally Posted by luv2buynfly
+1 on this!
You've got a full browser on the iPad.. Why the need for an iPad app? Safari works just fine when I view FT on my iPad..
Old Apr 12, 2011, 5:07 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Links sending users from app to website

I clicked on some links to other FT threads from within the app today and they opened in Safari instead of the app, and returned Page Not Found to boot.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/newss...l#post16202140
Old Apr 14, 2011, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Hey all.

I know I haven't replied to this thread in a while, but I want you to know that it's still on a number of people's (including mine) radar. The vB app dev team has been keeping up with it and they want me to let you know two things...

1. Shortly, we will be releasing an update to the iPhone app. Hopefully, you'll be impressed.

2. We will be launching an Android app shortly also.

:-)
Old Apr 14, 2011, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by IB-Dick
Hey all.

I know I haven't replied to this thread in a while, but I want you to know that it's still on a number of people's (including mine) radar. The vB app dev team has been keeping up with it and they want me to let you know two things...

1. Shortly, we will be releasing an update to the iPhone app. Hopefully, you'll be impressed.

2. We will be launching an Android app shortly also.

:-)
^^

Looking forward to it!

We'll be sure to let you know if we find anything that needs improvement...
Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Ability to "connect with facebook" would be nice as I can't figure out how to login via facebook and use the iphone app.

What about using a bulletinboard/forum solution like they have at www.avsforum.com and their accompanying free application which you can use for posting, manage subscriptions, private messages, etc... along with notifications and so on if you wish.

Anyway... at least the facebook connect ability would be fantastic.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: Airmiles, BA Blue, Tesco Clubcard
I've only seen it mentioned once or twice in the thread but by far my BIGGEST annoyance with the app is the fact that to refresh a particular forum (e.g. MilesBuzz) you have to exit that particular forum, click on another forum and only then will the forum you wanted to refresh actually update.

The ability to refresh a forum by pulling down (like on the Twitter app for example) would be a great addition.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by huntsman80
The ability to refresh a forum by pulling down (like on the Twitter app for example) would be a great addition.
I think Twitter patented that particular motion (pull-down-to-refresh), so either royalty payments would need to be made or a more standard refresh button would need to be added, but yes--I agree it's necessary.

I just realized I still had the beta version installed on my phone, so I deleted that and added the updated App Store version. I was hoping some of the shortcomings I've asked about had been fixed, but nope--it's still virtually unusable to me (without the go-to-first-unread-post feature) and is now cluttered with ads.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 3:05 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Facebook app uses is too, and I am sure I've seen it in some other apps.

Originally Posted by jackal
I think Twitter patented that particular motion (pull-down-to-refresh)
Old Apr 30, 2011, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Facebook app uses is too, and I am sure I've seen it in some other apps.
Yes. They apparently used code from an open-source project by a group of developers calling themselves Enormego. A little bit of controversy over that, but not related to patent infringement.

However, the patent issue may still manifest itself:

If you do use this [code], be mindful that there is a patent pending for the concept:

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...DN/20100199180
link|edit|flag

answered Mar 20 at 18:29
Crad

Interesting, I know Tweetie did it best, not sure it did this first. Also to note that this question was asked well before the patent was even filed. – Daniel Mar 21 at 11:58

I believe that when the patent is filed is irrelevant. The criteria is "when did Tweetie 2 release this functionality," and "did anyone else release a product that did the same thing before them?" – Greg Maletic Mar 30 at 21:45

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.