Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Flyertalk iPhone App Feedback (all versions)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk iPhone App Feedback (all versions)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by jackal
I think Twitter patented that particular motion (pull-down-to-refresh), so either royalty payments would need to be made or a more standard refresh button would need to be added, but yes--I agree it's necessary.
Facebook used to support shake-to-refresh, maybe they still do. That's handy since there is no screen space needed.
Old May 1, 2011, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by anabolism
Facebook used to support shake-to-refresh, maybe they still do. That's handy since there is no screen space needed.
Facebook still supports the pull down method, as well as a bunch of other apps that I use.
Old May 4, 2011, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Facebook still supports the pull down method, as well as a bunch of other apps that I use.
The AA app also uses pull-to-refresh.
Old May 4, 2011, 11:54 pm

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Posts Titles

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but posts titles would be useful in threads that use them (e.g. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-priority-club-inter-continental-ambassador/650386-please-post-your-priority-club-elite-experiences.html )

Thanks for your efforts so far.
Old May 11, 2011, 8:50 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IB-Dick
Hey all.

I know I haven't replied to this thread in a while, but I want you to know that it's still on a number of people's (including mine) radar. The vB app dev team has been keeping up with it and they want me to let you know two things...

1. Shortly, we will be releasing an update to the iPhone app. Hopefully, you'll be impressed.

2. We will be launching an Android app shortly also.

:-)
Looking forward to the Android app!!!
Old May 11, 2011, 11:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards

I think Twitter patented that particular motion (pull-down-to-refresh), so either royalty payments would need to be made or a more standard refresh button would need to be added, but yes--I agree it's necessary.

I just realized I still had the beta version installed on my phone, so I deleted that and added the updated App Store version. I was hoping some of the shortcomings I've asked about had been fixed, but nope--it's still virtually unusable to me (without the go-to-first-unread-post feature) and is now cluttered with ads.
Avsforum.com has all these features in their iphone app. Someone figure out what they have done and implement the ease if use they have with a great interface and ppl will be happy plus the great ideas generated here the app would be brilliant.
Old May 12, 2011, 3:14 am

While working on pull down to refresh, add pull up to refresh so when at bottom of thread you can refresh by pulling up and seeing latest posts, threads, etc.
Old May 12, 2011, 3:54 am

I noticed the link issue has to do with the address of the link. For example, In Safari, a link address shows up as "http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/!1204567!http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/newsstand/1204567-af-a380-clipped-dl-cr7s-tail.html#post16202140" in the address bar.

If I go into the address bar and delete the exclamation point and everything before it, the page then displays correctly. So it looks like the issue has to do something with how the app passes on link info to Safari.
Old May 12, 2011, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by LizzyDragon84
I noticed the link issue has to do with the address of the link. For example, In Safari, a link address shows up as "http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/!1204567!http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/newsstand/1204567-af-a380-clipped-dl-cr7s-tail.html#post16202140" in the address bar.

If I go into the address bar and delete the exclamation point and everything before it, the page then displays correctly. So it looks like the issue has to do something with how the app passes on link info to Safari.
I do the same. Would be nice if it linked within the app and not exit to Safari.
Old May 13, 2011, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Explore SE Asia
Looking forward to the Android app!!!
Look no further: http://go.flyertalk.com/android

(again, thanks for all the recent feedback on the iPhone app. We're reading it and there should be an update here soon.)
Old May 18, 2011, 3:43 am

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Downloaded the latest iPhone app update. Haven't gone through it properly yet, but the removal of ads is a great positive. Thank you!
Old May 19, 2011, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Hey, where did the FT iPhone app go? I can't seem to find it on iTunes
Old May 19, 2011, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by greenythebeast
Hey, where did the FT iPhone app go? I can't seem to find it on iTunes
That might explain why I'm not seeing it in my iTunes Store updates screen (leading me to believe I had the latest version) yet the version installed on my phone still displays ads. (I excitedly opened the app today after reading Leumas's post above looking for new functionality and no ads but was a bit confused to find no changes.)
Old May 20, 2011, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by IB-Dick
https://market.android.com/details?i...etin.build_620

We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server.
Old May 20, 2011, 8:16 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Leumas
Downloaded the latest iPhone app update. Haven't gone through it properly yet, but the removal of ads is a great positive. Thank you!
Concur. But it seems to run slower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.