Received spam at my dedicated Flyertalk email address

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Received spam at my dedicated Flyertalk email address

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2011, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA
Count me as another, using a dedicated email address that wasn't affected with the OP... until now.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:19 pm

We are aware of the e-mail being discussed. This one-time e-mail was sent in error, and precautions have been taken to prevent an occurrence like this from happening again. Your e-mail address has not been compromised.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:54 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by scotty72
I suspect that someone at IB screwed up and sent the quilting message to the wrong group of users. However it is a mistake that should have been caught much much earlier in the process and there is automation that could have prevented this from happening in the first place.

Still, we need IB to step forward and admit the screw up and tell us what happened and what they're going to do to stop it from happening again, or my e-mail account will vanish and they won't be able to send me any more e-mail EVER AGAIN.
IMHO, that is a bit harsh. Based on the email below, I am pretty sure it was just human error. I don't mind deleting an occasional misdirected email, as long as it isn't a growing pattern. Since it does not appear to be commercial in nature, I see no reason to believe they did it on purpose.

Originally Posted by IBAngel
We are aware of the e-mail being discussed. This one-time e-mail was sent in error, and precautions have been taken to prevent an occurrence like this from happening again. Your e-mail address has not been compromised.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you very much for letting us know. I am sure you saved many of us from having to change out our FT email addresses.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Glad to hear it was just human error.

BTW, I associate salutations like "Dear Valued Customer" with spam... and that quilting message certainly read like spam!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 3:26 am

Programs: flying blue, miles&more, executive club, etihad
Originally Posted by edlin303
Thank you very much for letting us know. I am sure you saved many of us from having to change out our FT email addresses.
They didn't let us know.

FT members flagged it.

The quilting mail should have been followed up by a FT email with an apology, explanation and reassurance by FT that this will not happen again.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by simeocerous
They didn't let us know.

FT members flagged it.

The quilting mail should have been followed up by a FT email with an apology, explanation and reassurance by FT that this will not happen again.
Agreed (I also got the email)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.