Wiki Posts
Search

TAP intra-Euro in C - what's it like?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2006, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
TAP intra-Euro in C - what's it like?

I am flying ORY-LIS-LHR tomorrow on TAP. What is their Business Class like? Also, do they have a lounge in Paris Orly?

Thanks for any hints.

Chris
Old Jun 14, 2006, 4:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Hello Chris
Just back from SID with TAP via LIS (but no C... just Y for me!). It seems that their C product is not bad, they serve a hot meal for the ORY-LIS 2 hour flight. Their lounge is shared with Iberia (1st floor, just on the right of their sales counter: there is a lift that leads you there) with a good variety of drinks (Pommery champagne in an ice bucket in the fridge) but very little to nib.
Inflight service was rather good, with FAs trying to please and arrange seat changes when check-in staff separated couples and children, or same PNR partners....The seats had nothing special, at least in Y, and I think they are the same in C, but the leg room (very short in Y except on Emergency exits where the seats don't recline!)
Enjoy your flight
RV
Old Jun 22, 2006, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by grenouille
Hello Chris
Just back from SID with TAP via LIS (but no C... just Y for me!). It seems that their C product is not bad, they serve a hot meal for the ORY-LIS 2 hour flight. Their lounge is shared with Iberia (1st floor, just on the right of their sales counter: there is a lift that leads you there) with a good variety of drinks (Pommery champagne in an ice bucket in the fridge) but very little to nib.
Inflight service was rather good, with FAs trying to please and arrange seat changes when check-in staff separated couples and children, or same PNR partners....The seats had nothing special, at least in Y, and I think they are the same in C, but the leg room (very short in Y except on Emergency exits where the seats don't recline!)
Enjoy your flight
RV

I agree. TAP's Business Class within Europe is not bad at all. I have had delicious meals, and TAP even provides menus in C Class on short flights.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 1:05 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,
Bringing this super old thread back to life
I wanted to know what's the current inflight service like? I do hope that it is still at lease close to normal onboard service. At least on their website, I did not see any warning about reduced service.
I will be (if there's no further changes to entry and in PT itself wrt testing, etc) to PT next week to spend a long New Year's weekend in C.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers!
Old Dec 23, 2021, 1:54 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
This is not a very active forum, but you may want to check these threads:

TAP Short haul business class

Food and drink on board 2020-2021 (Covid changes)
tmac100 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 7:38 am

Did LIS<->MUC last week, and service & catering were perfectly normal (and quite good).
nldogbert likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 7:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I have done a couple of LIS-DUB and DUB-LIS sectors recently and found that J on the A320 series and E95s to be pretty good. Got menus on the A320s and a hot meal. On the E95s got a cold plate and no menus. Food has always been plentiful given the sector length and drinks free flowing and proactively offered. Overall a rather nice experience.
nldogbert likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 5:30 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,
Bringing this super old thread back to life
I wanted to know what's the current inflight service like? I do hope that it is still at lease close to normal onboard service. At least on their website, I did not see any warning about reduced service.
I will be (if there's no further changes to entry and in PT itself wrt testing, etc) to PT next week to spend a long New Year's weekend in C.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers!
It's back to normal indeed. You get a hot meal (with choice or not, depending on the duration of the flight) during meal times and a cold meal outside meal times. Enjoy your flights and your stay!
nldogbert likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 6:13 am

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses here. Indeed, if I had waited to ask this today, i would have not needed - as yesterday I received an email from TAP about pre-selection of my meal choice. It was between Sirlion steak and a Veg. cheese dish. Selected the steak dish.
Looking forward to the onboard service - which at least on my last few times, I found the service good (when you ask) and enjoying the Portuguese alcoholic selections

Cheers! (and Happy Holidays to all!)
DCAhome likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 1:59 am

Just to quickly update my experience.
AMS-LIS - was slightly disappointed as they only served a cold (although quite substantial) meal. I guess it is because it's tapas/snack time for the Portugese and dinner only later based on the arrival time zone. Crew were ok. Not sure if it was due running out of supply or just a lazy crew, was not offered any choice of red wine and no trolley service - all was just from the galley. Might be due to the light load.
LIS-AMS - this a hot meal service (and had a great crew on this one) - On this, they had a full trolley service with 2 different choices of red and white.
LIS-OPO-LIS : Quite a sad service in my books when in Business - just a small box with sandwich and bread, drinks only water or juice. [and just FYI - the lounge in OPO is still shut]

Sadly, looks like they don't load Madeira wine anymore onboard only Port - and that was it seems also quite limited. As usual (maybe I just have bad luck with TP, 3 out of my 4 flights were delayed)

Cheers!
Old Jan 5, 2022, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by nldogbert
...maybe I just have bad luck with TP, 3 out of my 4 flights were delayed.

Cheers!
No, no: with TAP that was good luck.
nldogbert, swaigiux and ankomonkey like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.