Wiki Posts
Search

TAP Short haul business class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2021, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
TAP Short haul business class

I had a rather poor experience with TAP business and I am curious if this is standard.
I had pre-ordered the 'meat' option, but as I was in row 2, they had run out of the meat option when they got to me.
I asked for a gin and tonic, but they ran out because people in row 1 already had them. I asked if I could have the ones they offer for sale to economy passengers, and they said that I would have to buy them. I got one glass of sparkling wine, but when I asked for another, they said they were out. I asked for a glass of port, but they said they were out. They said they had some whisky or vodka if I wanted instead. The cabin crew was really apologetic about it, and I told her I knew it wasn't her fault but I was really irritated. And this was departing Lisbon, so they should have presumably been fully stocked.
I haven't flown with TAP in a few years so basically I was curious if this is the standard offering or if this was a fluke. Perhaps next time I should sit in Row 1 to be sure to get things before they run out?
Old Nov 3, 2021, 9:45 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
That is definitely not the standard. I've had several domestic and European business class flights over the past few months, some of which with pre-ordered meal, and nothing like what you described happened. I never sit in row 1, but I do get asked my meal choice before other pax because I'm TP gold.
Carfield and mmff like this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
The last time I flew TP LHR-LIS in Sept, I had 1 vodka and they ran out after that. That was pretty disappointing - I'm not sure what's going on.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 11:52 am

Programs: FB PLATINUM IHG ACCOR
Anyone here who can advise on what to expect on a flight MAD-LIS-DAKAR Booked this on a expiring voucher outbound in J class return in basic economy. Foodwise
Old Nov 7, 2021, 3:07 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by splflyer
Anyone here who can advise on what to expect on a flight MAD-LIS-DAKAR Booked this on a expiring voucher outbound in J class return in basic economy. Foodwise
You can check the Y meals here and some information on J meals here. Summarising what will be offered:
MAD-LIS in J: Light cold meal;
LIS-DSS in J: Full meal with bread and butter, appetizer, choice between 2 hot dishes, and dessert, as well as complimentary refreshments and spirits. You can prebook your meal choice a week from departure here;
DSS-LIS in Y: Box with hot meal and cake (assuming you're flying an Airbus), as well as refreshments
LIS-MAD in Y: BOB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.