FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tap-air-portugal-miles-go-767/)
-   -   TAP Short haul business class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tap-air-portugal-miles-go/2057615-tap-short-haul-business-class.html)

AlwaysFlyStar Nov 2, 2021 1:31 pm

TAP Short haul business class

I had a rather poor experience with TAP business and I am curious if this is standard.
I had pre-ordered the 'meat' option, but as I was in row 2, they had run out of the meat option when they got to me.
I asked for a gin and tonic, but they ran out because people in row 1 already had them. I asked if I could have the ones they offer for sale to economy passengers, and they said that I would have to buy them. I got one glass of sparkling wine, but when I asked for another, they said they were out. I asked for a glass of port, but they said they were out. They said they had some whisky or vodka if I wanted instead. The cabin crew was really apologetic about it, and I told her I knew it wasn't her fault but I was really irritated. And this was departing Lisbon, so they should have presumably been fully stocked.
I haven't flown with TAP in a few years so basically I was curious if this is the standard offering or if this was a fluke. Perhaps next time I should sit in Row 1 to be sure to get things before they run out?

tff Nov 3, 2021 9:45 am

That is definitely not the standard. I've had several domestic and European business class flights over the past few months, some of which with pre-ordered meal, and nothing like what you described happened. I never sit in row 1, but I do get asked my meal choice before other pax because I'm TP gold.

seanp7 Nov 3, 2021 7:03 pm

The last time I flew TP LHR-LIS in Sept, I had 1 vodka and they ran out after that. That was pretty disappointing - I'm not sure what's going on.

splflyer Nov 6, 2021 11:52 am

Anyone here who can advise on what to expect on a flight MAD-LIS-DAKAR Booked this on a expiring voucher outbound in J class return in basic economy. Foodwise

tff Nov 7, 2021 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by splflyer (Post 33707277)
Anyone here who can advise on what to expect on a flight MAD-LIS-DAKAR Booked this on a expiring voucher outbound in J class return in basic economy. Foodwise

You can check the Y meals here and some information on J meals here. Summarising what will be offered:
MAD-LIS in J: Light cold meal;
LIS-DSS in J: Full meal with bread and butter, appetizer, choice between 2 hot dishes, and dessert, as well as complimentary refreshments and spirits. You can prebook your meal choice a week from departure here;
DSS-LIS in Y: Box with hot meal and cake (assuming you're flying an Airbus), as well as refreshments
LIS-MAD in Y: BOB.