Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador proposal reboot

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nsx
That scenario seems highly implausible to me. Why would someone who is annoyed by newbie questions choose a label soliciting those questions and then take the time to answer them discourteously?
Some members don't see things the way we might, nsx. I agree with you, but I know many people that think they're helping newbies by consistently saying "do a search, it has been discussed a million times before." Obviously if a newbie sees a member with a "helpful" tag and gets that, they'd be immediately put off.

Originally Posted by nsx
If it became necessary, we could specify that when you choose the "helpful member" label you agree to be helpful, and that failure to act consistently with that would be a TOS violation. I seriously doubt anyone would break such a rule.
Again, we all have different meanings of what's "helpful," so we'd have to create some concrete rules then for what constitutes friendly, which I think would be challenging to do. That's why I think something like what has been suggested earlier in the thread (a committee) should be set up to decide.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:48 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Originally Posted by nsx
These problems are all technical details, really, and easily resolvable.
There are NO technical issues that are easily resolvable these days it seems.....
Old Jun 29, 2008, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
FT Ambassadors seems to be a popular yet contentious issue.

If this proposal doesn't gain critical mass would you be open to a single trial of the simplest possible model - provided every stakeholder could agree to the rules?

This could be a test of the Ambassadors' efectiveness - NOT a test of the selection rules.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 8:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by BiziBB
[B]
If this proposal doesn't gain critical mass would you be open to a single trial of the simplest possible model - provided every stakeholder could agree to the rules?
If you have a proposal why don't you start a new thread and ask for comments? It's pretty clear the proposal started in this thread isn't going anywhere.

Tom at Olympic Trials in Omaha, Nebraska
Old Jun 30, 2008, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Given how fraught the process has been and my abysmal record with proposals here, I believe it would be better for those with an inside running to comment first.

Meanwhile, life goes on on 75% of FT without snarkiness often described here - though we are all suffering in someway, though not nearly as much as US legacy airline FFP elite....
Old Jul 1, 2008, 1:54 am

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Enough already

I hearby nominate DHammer for a :-:, :-: or maybe another :-:
and
Missy for 8:-::-::-::-::-::-::-::-::-:

Yes, they really are Ambassadors with a capital "A"

And remember "if you are not on the bus at the appropriate time, be sure to have enough money to get home"

And remember "if you do not PayPal your meal fee, you do not eat."

Firm warnings and probably viewed by some as not particularly welcoming or friendly. Just a necessity of selflessly providing unheralded service to the community,

See, unlike in grade school we have the ability to vote someone gold stars without needing the teacher or, even more heinous, a committee to accomplish it.

Please consider if this use of bandwidth is worthy of a group of intelligent adults.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 5:52 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by opushomes
I hearby nominate DHammer for a :-:, :-: or maybe another :-:
and
Missy for 8:-::-::-::-::-::-::-::-::-:

Yes, they really are Ambassadors with a capital "A"

And remember "if you are not on the bus at the appropriate time, be sure to have enough money to get home"

And remember "if you do not PayPal your meal fee, you do not eat."

Firm warnings and probably viewed by some as not particularly welcoming or friendly. Just a necessity of selflessly providing unheralded service to the community,

See, unlike in grade school we have the ability to vote someone gold stars without needing the teacher or, even more heinous, a committee to accomplish it.

Please consider if this use of bandwidth is worthy of a group of intelligent adults.
One of the sanest posts I've read in this thread lately.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
We're Back To Beating A Dead Horse

Unfortunately, this is an example of what started out as a very good idea, only to be folded, stapled, and mutilated beyond recognition. It doesn't appear that the 'new and improved' version has any better chance of survival than the original.

Originally Posted by ClueByFour
Fantastic. I nominate Jim Traficant for UA Ambassador. I mean, the people of Ohio elected him, so he must be an okay guy, despite the fact that he's sitting in a US Federal Prison. Perhaps we can get him internet access in the pen (much like a suspended Ambassador under your theory, he does not currently have access to FT).
In that case I would like to put forward William 'Cold Cash' Jefferson, Democrat, Louisiana, who may soon be joining the line of Ohio politicians that are cruising on Club Fed.

^^^To opushomes for his appropriate post.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 12:03 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I'd like to propose that the proverbial horse be interred, sparing it further abuse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.