Wiki Posts
Search

a Spirit Airlines forum, it's time

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2006, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by HRDiva

By the way there are 100,000 Free Spirit members as of this week according to BBB.
As per my post above, there are a LOT more members of Virgin Blue and Malaysian 'Enrich', and Mexicana's Frequenta programs. My guess is MANY times more in each.

None of those airlines has a separate Forum as there has been no need demonstrated for them.

That is naming just three, and there are dozens more I could add with a lot more than 100,000 FF members who have no separate Forum.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 10:53 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by ScottC
Thanks for the input.

The decision to NOT create the forum just yet was made in coordination with Randy, so I don't expect any "overturning" of our decision.
Ahhhhhhhhh.....it all makes sense now. Not only this vote but also why TB deliberations will never be open for public viewing.

Thanks for making the lightbulb FINALLY go off over my head, Scotty!

Duh!
Old Apr 4, 2006, 11:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Ahhhhhhhhh.....it all makes sense now. Not only this vote but also why TB deliberations will never be open for public viewing.
Actually, Randy very rarely involves himself in TB discussions. When it does happen it is usually because he has a question which he wants TB to decide (eg: how to handle the run offs in the last TB election) or because TB asked for his input -- as Gleff said they did in this case.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by gleff
To clarify ScottC's comment above, a member here reported seeing a Spirit Air forum appear and disappear in short oder.

As far as I can tell, the report was erroneous. However, it led me to query Randy in case there was something to it.
That was me. I saw it. I clicked on it--it was real. A few hours later it was gone.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:25 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Gang,

This thread is about the Spirt Airlines forum... and posts need to refer to that issue.

I have deleted other posts... please keep on topic.

Thanks,

William
Old Apr 5, 2006, 6:50 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by wharvey
Gang,

This thread is about the Spirt Airlines forum... and posts need to refer to that issue.

I have deleted other posts... please keep on topic.

Thanks,

William
Uhm, my poems WERE on topic. Explicitly. And I would have been happy to explain to any moderator or TB member exactly how before they were deleted if one had asked.

If I posted a perfectly relevant point in Latin would that post be deleted as off-topic, just because a moderator and/or TB member did not understand it? Or would a moderator and/or TB member ask for a translation first?

As I said: forest and trees.

Last edited by kokonutz; Apr 5, 2006 at 8:45 pm
Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:53 am
Suspended

I posted a question yesterday - where did it go?

It was about an earlier post by HRDiva - and it was about Spirit.

Is there are moderator of this board, or are all TB members moderators of this board?
Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gleff
To clarify ScottC's comment above, a member here reported seeing a Spirit Air forum appear and disappear in short oder.

As far as I can tell, the report was erroneous. However, it led me to query Randy in case there was something to it.

Did you hear back from Randy? I'm pretty sure it was there day 1 as well....
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:05 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by FreeSpiritFan
Is there are moderator of this board, or are all TB members moderators of this board?
This forum has three moderators, missydarlin, WHarvey and Spiff.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Spiff
Try reading the rules first rather than discovering them as you break them. @:-) The FlyerTalk TOS is quite clear about multiple posts/cross posting.

Your post would have been welcome in the "Other North & South America Frequent Flyer Programs" had it been the only place you posted it. Mileage Run, if these fares earned miles, might have been another possibility.

Unless there is a separate "TOS" that I cannot find anywhere on the site - I cannot seem to find anything about cross posting in the rules. I only point this out because maybe the rules need to be changed so other new members won't make my same mistake. Here are the rules that you agree to when you sign up:

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of FlyerTalk Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of FlyerTalk Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

Posts containing promotional messages for commercial or charitable products or services -- included but not limited to Internet sites, business advertisements and solicitations to donate miles or points -- will be removed.

Posts that contain explicit, obscene or vulgar images, or links to such images, will be removed without notice and accounts subject to deletion.

Posts that condone illegal activity (i.e., buying and selling of awards, direct fraud upon any program) will be removed without notice and accounts subject to deletion.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that violate these rules or are otherwise obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of FlyerTalk Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:21 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
It was about an earlier post by HRDiva - and it was about Spirit.

I have sent you a PM on this matter.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:23 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Unless there is a separate "TOS" that I cannot find anywhere on the site - I cannot seem to find anything about cross posting in the rules. I only point this out because maybe the rules need to be changed so other new members won't make my same mistake. Here are the rules that you agree to when you sign up:

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of FlyerTalk Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of FlyerTalk Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

Posts containing promotional messages for commercial or charitable products or services -- included but not limited to Internet sites, business advertisements and solicitations to donate miles or points -- will be removed.

Posts that contain explicit, obscene or vulgar images, or links to such images, will be removed without notice and accounts subject to deletion.

Posts that condone illegal activity (i.e., buying and selling of awards, direct fraud upon any program) will be removed without notice and accounts subject to deletion.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that violate these rules or are otherwise obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of FlyerTalk Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
From The FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules:

Post Your Thread to Just One Forum

Don't post the same thread more than once. Our members read many forums, and weeding through the same message in multiple forums can be frustrating. Duplicate threads will be deleted, combined or locked.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Spiff
From The FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules:

Post Your Thread to Just One Forum

Don't post the same thread more than once. Our members read many forums, and weeding through the same message in multiple forums can be frustrating. Duplicate threads will be deleted, combined or locked.

Then am I not correct that the rules you agree to on signup should state that, or at least link to the other rules you are agreeing to? Maybe a separate Talkboard forum should be created to discuss this topic - but I was just a little concerned b/c it was NOT against the rules users actually state they have read.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Then am I not correct that the rules you agree to on signup should state that, or at least link to the other rules you are agreeing to? Maybe a separate Talkboard forum should be created to discuss this topic - but I was just a little concerned b/c it was NOT against the rules users actually state they have read.
Very good points. ^
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is pretty common bulletin board courtesy to not cross post. Just like there are many other "netiquette" rules like not using CAPS, not posting commerical spam etc...

I do agree though that a link should/could be added to the signup procedure, but the FT moderator team is in the process of creating a new TOS, and I'm sure this is one of the things that will be covered in that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.