FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TalkBoard Topics (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics-382/)
-   -   a Spirit Airlines forum, it's time (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics/539713-spirit-airlines-forum-its-time.html)

rcowen Mar 22, 2006 12:09 pm

a Spirit Airlines forum, it's time

Now that Spirit Airlines has a frequent flyer program (FreeSpirit) that they claim will be very different, I think it's time for a dedicated forum for posting actual results, tips & suggestions.

Spiff Mar 22, 2006 12:15 pm

Here's the web page:

http://www.spiritair.com/welcome.aspx?pg=fsmemberguide

In light of many people defecting from NW over their crappy Coach ChoiceSM blunder, I'd be inclined to support such a new forum.

How about some more support?

Airlinetraveler Mar 22, 2006 1:56 pm

I agree 100%

And while FT is at it, can they add a section in the Frequent Flyer Wiki on Spirit too? It appears FT doesn't let you edit the Subcategories page with the table of contents - you can only edit the content once you select an airline program.

masp73 Mar 22, 2006 2:04 pm

I'd be all for that

I'd like to see a Spirit forum too. I'm all for starting one up on the site.

aviationkiwi Mar 22, 2006 2:34 pm

Set Spirit Free, I support the creation of the FreeSpirit Forum ^

mentaljujitsu Mar 22, 2006 3:31 pm

Did somebody say Free? I'm all for it!

I like how the #1 flyer gets to name a plane. I would name it the Spirit of "I'm #1 and you are not!"

J/K...please do add a forum so that we figure out the secrets of yet another program.

Thanks!

PineyBob Mar 22, 2006 6:00 pm

I happen to think it's an excellent idea.

HRDiva Mar 23, 2006 5:14 am

The day Free Spirit was announced, there was a forum created. Then they pulled it the next day. I sent a message asking why and received no reply. It would make sense to have one!

doc Mar 23, 2006 6:34 am

Originally Posted by HRDiva
The day Free Spirit was announced, there was a forum created. Then they pulled it the next day. I sent a message asking why and received no reply. It would make sense to have one!

---

Really? I do not know what happened, unfortunately, no less why.

When was it that you wrote, and to whom?

In any case, I can assure you that you're member elected TB will promptly give this matter due consideration.

As Spiff notres above, I too am curious how much traffic it would generate.

Thanks! :)

Mark

ozstamps Mar 23, 2006 8:12 am

Originally Posted by rcowen

Now that Spirit Airlines has a frequent flyer program (FreeSpirit) that they claim will be very different, I think it's time for a dedicated forum for posting actual results, tips & suggestions.

Seems to be some support from members for this.

Floated for discussion by Talk Board today.

FreeSpiritFan Mar 23, 2006 12:18 pm

I just created my handle to show support! Get this up and running!

I stopped using my US Airways handle on FT about 2 years ago when I stopped using US Airways. I don't travel quite as much as I used to, but when I do I love the LCC's like Spirit. I fly their FLL - DCA route a bunch and love the new Airbus. The last two flights I've been on, the plane was not even a month old.

Has anyone else noticed the 15% discounts that they are advertising here on FT? I guess if they are good enough to advertise, they should be good enough for a forum!!!

--Cheers!

chexfan Mar 23, 2006 1:41 pm

Seems like a no-brainer to me...

Spiff Mar 23, 2006 1:56 pm

Motion made by wharvey and seconded by Spiff: move that the Talkboard recommend the creation of a Spirit Airlines Forum.

Voting should commence shortly. :)

Spiff Mar 23, 2006 2:06 pm

A vote has been posted and voting is underway! :)

DTownBrian Mar 23, 2006 2:20 pm

How Do You Vote?

Forgive me for being igonorant here, but how do you vote? :confused: