Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Voting Over, Motion Passed: Creation of a Lodging Services Forum (Including AirBnB)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This thread documents the creation of the new Non-hotel Lodging Services including Airbnb and VRBO forum from the announcement the vote is open, through the vote and announcement by the Community Director of the new forum's opening. Post-opening discussion is included as well.

The initial forum suggestion thread can be read at Lodging Services forum (such as Airbnb, VRBO, Homeaway, etc)

Non-hotel Lodging Services including Airbnb and VRBO (link)
Print Wikipost

Voting Over, Motion Passed: Creation of a Lodging Services Forum (Including AirBnB)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2016, 6:46 am

I have no idea where to vote, so I will vote here.
Heck yes.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 6:50 am

Yes for me.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 6:53 am

Yes
Non-Hotel Lodging Services
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HH, SPG Gold
Thumbs up

Yes for me. I also like Non-Hotel Lodging. Thanks to the Board for this last action. You have served us well.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
I vote yes, with no particular concern about its name or location.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Yes vote here. I also like Non-Hotel Lodging.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:35 am

I vote Yes

Lodging services is a distinct category from your traditional hotel services with its own particular quirks. For example I used AirBnb to get a room in Hawaii- only to find it did not have air conditioning.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: GE, UA silver, Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I vote yes, this would be a wonderful addition to FT.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 1:34 pm

Vote

I say YES
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

interesting quite a few seemed to notice this announcement and felt inclined to reply

just FT searched vrbo, homeaway, airbnb - yielded around 500 posts for each one
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by nsx
I like either Non-Hotel Lodging Services or Non-Hotel Lodging. Private Lodging Services would be too ambiguous, as is Lodging Services.

Non-Hotel Lodging Services is better if the focus is on large booking platforms like AirBnB rather than mom and pop website offerings.

I plan to vote Yes.
I agree and I firmly believe that issues like this should have been discussed and worked out before the motion was made and seconded.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
And again, TB members had the option to present suggested solutions to perceived problems before the motion was made. None were offered before I made the motion or statements that I'll present one by 'x' date. The topic was brought up on October 23rd & the motion wasn't made until November 8th.

As jackal mentioned, the motion has been made & seconded so time to move on w/ voting. FTers are very supportive of the forum, so if passed I think it will be a good addition to FT/provide value to FTers.

Cheers.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
I think it sounds like a wonderful addition to the board.

And thank you to the TB members for all their years of service!
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: Velocity FF
Yes from me. Looking forward to posting my VRBO and Flipkey experiences for the benefit of all fellow and future members.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 6:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I agree and I firmly believe that issues like this should have been discussed and worked out before the motion was made and seconded.
And again you had the chance to do that during the two plus weeks discussion was open. You chose not to, bringing it up now doesn't make any sense.

But we have the Friendly Motion option (or whatever we decided to call it), care to present an alternative?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.