Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Private Jet Forum discussion ("Other Air Travel..." forum now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Private Jet Forum discussion ("Other Air Travel..." forum now open)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2016, 6:59 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by You want to go where?
2. that the forum users of those private jet services associated with existing airlines that have points plans be polled as to whether they would prefer threads associated with those services be located. Example: Should Lufthansa Private Jet services threads be located in the Lufthansa Forum or the private jet forum?
I think I see it working similar to Information Desk - private jet travel that does not have an airline affiliation stays in the new forum, ones that do have an affiliation get moved to the appropriate airline's forum with a redirect link left behind. That way, to use your example, folks looking for Lufthansa's private jet services could visit either forum and find the information.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by lo2e
I think I see it working similar to Information Desk - private jet travel that does not have an airline affiliation stays in the new forum, ones that do have an affiliation get moved to the appropriate airline's forum with a redirect link left behind. That way, to use your example, folks looking for Lufthansa's private jet services could visit either forum and find the information.
Perfect! I was thinking there needed to be some sort of cross-posting for these. The redirect link serves that purpose admirably.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

unless there is a mileage promotion (i remember LH having one and there being an FT mini DO) there is not really any reason to have (for example) LH jet in LH forum, as only a tiny percentage of forum is interested, meaning threads 'die'

while having dedicated forum is to increase visibility and facilitate dissemination / discussion of information and searching

if jetsuitex etc has jetblue, it doesnt mean it is jetblue, but it adds another reason FTers may become interested in jetsuitex

jetsuitex - scheduled fights selling seats to public on their website >
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 30, 2016 at 7:54 am
Old Apr 30, 2016, 10:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CMK10
Here's a list we're currently working from in the Private Forum. We're also still open to forum names:

Private jets, owned or leased by the individual or business, with maintenance, etc. often outsourced

Private jet shared ownership programs

General rental of private aircraft, with or without crew provided

Private jet charter programs of major carriers, like DL Private Jets, that might or might not carry FF program miles and elite status

Sports charters, etc.

One time charters for private groups, like the MegaDO flights

Charter flights, often in connection with packaged tours (less common now than previously?)

Helicopters (often airport service, so this would belong in destination fora except for discussion of operators that span regions and general issues, plus sightseeing helicopter flights)

Fixed wing sight seeing flights (belongs in destination fora, except for general issues and any interregional operators)

Balloons (general issues only, with remainder in destination fora)

Gliders (general issues, with remainder in destination fora)

Commercial flights into space, any type of vehicle

Flight schools and flying lessons
PLAGIARISM!

This is *exactly* the list that I posted in the private TB forum. You copied it without even indicating that it was a quote and giving an attribution. I did not give you permission to use my "intellectual property" in this way.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
PLAGIARISM!

This is *exactly* the list that I posted in the private TB forum. You copied it without even indicating that it was a quote and giving an attribution. I did not give you permission to use my "intellectual property" in this way.
Seriously

"Intellectual property (IP) refers to creations of the mind, such as inventions; literary and artistic works; designs; and symbols, names and images used in commerce."

I seriously doubt a generic list of topics that might be considered for a forum really falls into the intellectual property definition.

Don't really think plagiarism applies either:

"the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own."

CMK said the list was a list we were working from in the private forum. He did not say he created the list.

And quoting myself a few posts above in response to your post saying we need to define what will go in the forum:

"And as I said in the private forum when you raised the point about defining it (which I agree w/ btw), you posted a list of possibilities/things to consider. I encouraged you to share them w/ fters - aka, post that post in the public forum to get their input. For whatever reason of your own you've chosen not to do that. No idea why. Unless you're willing to do so, we'll just have to muddle through on our own. It should be noted that canarsie did try to incorporate some of your thoughts w/ his own when he posted above."

Cheers.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 11:38 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Here's my favorite playful title:

Getting High Without Airlines
Old Apr 30, 2016, 12:34 pm

Programs: HH Silver
PLAGIARISM!
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
CMK said the list was a list we were working from in the private forum. He did not say he created the list.
Can we get a legal interpretation on this matter? Does anyone know any lawyers?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 12:34 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by nsx

We already have a smoking forum.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 12:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
PLAGIARISM!

And I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids!
Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by nsx

We already have a smoking forum.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
How about calling it "General Aviation"?

AFAIK there isn't a dedicated GA thread and most of the things you are talking about here fall under that category out in the non-FT world as is.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 4:43 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Duke787

AFAIK there isn't a dedicated GA thread and most of the things you are talking about here fall under that category out in the non-FT world as is.
Thanks! That's the best title so far, IMHO.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by Duke787

While I think that is probably the most technically accurate title, I'd be concerned that people less familiar with the industry would interpret it as a catch-all for generalized aviation discussion. Plus, some of the services that we will likely want to discuss may not technically be considered general aviation (e.g. Part 121 charters).
Old Apr 30, 2016, 5:21 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Sykes
While I think that is probably the most technically accurate title, I'd be concerned that people less familiar with the industry would interpret it as a catch-all for generalized aviation discussion. Plus, some of the services that we will likely want to discuss may not technically be considered general aviation (e.g. Part 121 charters).
General and other non-Airline Aviation?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nsx
General and other non-Airline Aviation?
I like this, though maybe General Aviation, Private Jets and other Non-Airline Aviation? In the forum description we can include examples of what it will encompass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.