Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Private Jet Forum discussion ("Other Air Travel..." forum now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Private Jet Forum discussion ("Other Air Travel..." forum now open)

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 9:47 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Instead of listing every possible type of air travel, it might be more helpful if you indicated whether you thought it belonged instead of just rattling them off as they occur to you @:-)
Old May 24, 2016, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
http://standby.flyimagineair.com/faq/
During our limited trial program, standby flights will be free of charge. When the system goes public, flight legs will cost between $49 and $249 depending on the length of the flight. ImagineAir will also have promotional deals that discount the flights to as little as $1! The cost includes all three passenger seats aboard the aircraft.
another one
Old May 24, 2016, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CMK10
Instead of listing every possible type of air travel, it might be more helpful if you indicated whether you thought it belonged instead of just rattling them off as they occur to you @:-)
Excuse me? This is rather rude.
Old May 24, 2016, 1:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Excuse me? This is rather rude.
I'm sorry you feel that way. But you have listed in this thread a number of possible suggestions as questions. You're part of who has been elected to decide what belongs in this forum and what doesn't, I'm saying it would be more helpful if instead of asking others to answer the questions you've posed, you took the lead on deciding whether these obscure options like military charters will belong. Otherwise it looks like you're just asking questions to ask questions.
Old May 24, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm sorry you feel that way. But you have listed in this thread a number of possible suggestions as questions. You're part of who has been elected to decide what belongs in this forum and what doesn't, I'm saying it would be more helpful if instead of asking others to answer the questions you've posed, you took the lead on deciding whether these obscure options like military charters will belong. Otherwise it looks like you're just asking questions to ask questions.
Really? I'd like to get input from those who know more about some forms of other air transport than I do. I'm trying to have a discussion about what should be included in the potential new forum rather tjust simply dechide myself without any input and come here to just insist on what I personally think should be included.
Old May 24, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Really? I'd like to get input from those who know more about some forms of other air transport than I do. I'm trying to have a discussion about what should be included in the potential new forum rather tjust simply dechide myself without any input and come here to just insist on what I personally think should be included.
Neither of the above statements are contradictory. It is possible to provide input on what should be included while also asking for input on what should be included.

Cheers.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Neither of the above statements are contradictory. It is possible to provide input on what should be included while also asking for input on what should be included.

Cheers.
In some cases it's appropriate to first state one's own opinions and then ask for input. However, it's often better to request input before stating an opinion and if one isn't sure, there's no real alternative.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:06 pm

Well let's start with this list (below). Since you outed yourself earlier in the thread as being the creator of the list, this is a starting point. FTers can then chime in on what else should possibly be included & we can move on w/ getting the forum created.

"Private jets, owned or leased by the individual or business, with maintenance, etc. often outsourced

Private jet shared ownership programs

General rental of private aircraft, with or without crew provided

Private jet charter programs of major carriers, like DL Private Jets, that might or might not carry FF program miles and elite status

Sports charters, etc.

One time charters for private groups, like the MegaDO flights

Charter flights, often in connection with packaged tours (less common now than previously?)

Helicopters (often airport service, so this would belong in destination fora except for discussion of operators that span regions and general issues, plus sightseeing helicopter flights)

Fixed wing sight seeing flights (belongs in destination fora, except for general issues and any interregional operators)

Balloons (general issues only, with remainder in destination fora)

Gliders (general issues, with remainder in destination fora)

Commercial flights into space, any type of vehicle

Flight schools and flying lessons"

FTers, what say you? What else should be included? Please note the forum description won't be that long but having a list of possible things will make it easier for mods to move threads to the new forum.

Cheers.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Well let's start with this list (below). Since you outed yourself earlier in the thread as being the creator of the list, this is a starting point. FTers can then chime in on what else should possibly be included & we can move on w/ getting the forum created.

"Private jets, owned or leased by the individual or business, with maintenance, etc. often outsourced

Private jet shared ownership programs

General rental of private aircraft, with or without crew provided

Private jet charter programs of major carriers, like DL Private Jets, that might or might not carry FF program miles and elite status

Sports charters, etc.

Charter flights, often in connection with packaged tours (less common now than previously?)

Helicopters (often airport service, so this would belong in destination fora except for discussion of operators that span regions and general issues, plus sightseeing helicopter flights)

Fixed wing sight seeing flights (belongs in destination fora, except for general issues and any interregional operators)

Balloons (general issues only, with remainder in destination fora)

Gliders (general issues, with remainder in destination fora)

Commercial flights into space, any type of vehicle

Flight schools and flying lessons"

FTers, what say you? What else should be included? Please note the forum description won't be that long but having a list of possible things will make it easier for mods to move threads to the new forum.

Cheers.
I didn't out myself by choice. I just strongly objected to having something I posted in the private TB forum quoted without permission, with or without attribution. It's against the entire meaning of the private TB forum. In fact, I would love to copy some posts from the private TB forum by the person who posted this, but I won't out of respect for TB.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:17 pm

You did out yourself by choice but that's neither here nor there in terms of sorting out what types of threads/topics should be included. So specific question pertaining to the actual topic, do you have any additions to your list above?

Cheers.
Old May 25, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
The list looks fine to me and maybe it could be a sticky in the new forum since it would be a tad long in the tooth for a description. It is at least a good enough starting point to get the forum ball rolling, IMHO.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:15 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by wonderbret
The list looks fine to me and maybe it could be a sticky in the new forum since it would be a tad long in the tooth for a description. It is at least a good enough starting point to get the forum ball rolling, IMHO.
That would be a good use of a WikiPost, which can be started by many members of FlyerTalk.
Old May 25, 2016, 2:03 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
You forgot UFO abduction!

Also military flights. Also acrobatic flights (Top Gun et al).
Old May 25, 2016, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
You forgot UFO abduction!

Also military flights. Also acrobatic flights (Top Gun et al).
I mentioned military flights elsewhere, IIRC in a post in this thread, as an example of something that probably should considered for inclusion in the potential new forum. AFAIK Top Gun is military. The same might be true of UFOs.
Old May 25, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: HH Silver
While I understand this one being included we would be splitting for-profit land and air events apart and can't help but wonder if that will confuse some members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.