Voting Ended / Motion Passed: Creation of a Smoking Section

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Voting Ended / Motion Passed: Creation of a Smoking Section

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by boboqui
In favor. I also suggest a wiki page for easy reference, organized by country and city. Also an airport duty-free section (where I buy my cigarettes) with info about prices and deals.
You could create these resources if you're interested.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:44 am

I'm a smoker when I drink, and mostly vape the rest of the time. When I travel, I tend to drink more than I usually do. I also *despise* smoking indoors in a poorly ventilated space, and would be quite grateful to have resources that help steer me towards (or away from) an appropriate venue.

On Cruise Critic, where I am very active whenever I have an upcoming sailing, the response to any question about smoking is usually quite negative. If there are mods here that would be willing to make a commitment of weeding out the debates, I think the idea is very helpful.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by synergistic
I'm a smoker when I drink, and mostly vape the rest of the time. When I travel, I tend to drink more than I usually do. I also *despise* smoking indoors in a poorly ventilated space, and would be quite grateful to have resources that help steer me towards (or away from) an appropriate venue.

On Cruise Critic, where I am very active whenever I have an upcoming sailing, the response to any question about smoking is usually quite negative. If there are mods here that would be willing to make a commitment of weeding out the debates, I think the idea is very helpful.
IME mods seem to be assigned to new fora by the CD after the decision has been made to establish the new fora. I wouldn't expect any mods to discuss here in advance how they would handle any potential Smoking Section.

If and when there's a new forum, there might or might not be a thread inviting comments on how the forum should operate and what some of the basic ground rules could be.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I can't recall off-hand if any current moderators smoke. It's a pretty large group, so surely there must be a smoker or two lurking! Assigning a smoker to the new forum would probably be a good move, but that's the CD's decision, of course.

Bruce
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, AA: Gold, Hilton: Diamond, Marriott: Plat Premier, Hertz: Pres Circle
Would love to see that. Always good to know where theres a smoke room, which ones have good air vents, and I'm sure theres a comical story or two about idiots vaping on planes.

Two cigarettes up! (and yes, I'm smoker )
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by goalie
In favor (and yes,I'm a smoker )
Aha! Here's a moderator who smokes!!! ^

Bruce
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: BAEC, Etihad Guest, Platinum Tesco Tart
Support.

I'm a smoker and would like a forum where I can both provide input and ask questions regarding airports, hotels etc where smoking is allowed.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by pdxdtm
Would love to see that. Always good to know where theres a smoke room, which ones have good air vents, and I'm sure theres a comical story or two about idiots vaping on planes.

Two cigarettes up! (and yes, I'm smoker )
Vapes On A Plane... Sounds vaguely familiar....
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:41 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by bdschobel
I can't recall off-hand if any current moderators smoke. It's a pretty large group, so surely there must be a smoker or two lurking! Assigning a smoker to the new forum would probably be a good move, but that's the CD's decision, of course.

Bruce
And here I was getting ready to tell you to see post #14

Originally Posted by bdschobel
Originally Posted by goalie
In favor (and yes, I'm a smoker )
Aha! Here's a moderator who smokes!!! ^

Bruce
I wonder if I'm the only one?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:52 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
There are actually many forums where you can do that today.

Originally Posted by SaraJH
Support.

I'm a smoker and would like a forum where I can both provide input and ask questions regarding airports, hotels etc where smoking is allowed.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:06 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by wharvey
But not one that's dedicated to smokers and where it's (pardon the pun) flame free.

Cheers.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
oppose
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Explain?

Bruce
Old Jun 30, 2015, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by wharvey
And equally there are FAR more fora where I could discuss LGBT travel issues so why the sub forum here?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
But not one that's dedicated to smokers and where it's (pardon the pun) flame free.

Cheers.
Thank you.

As it happens (not to you, but to whom you were responding) I trawl the internet whenever I book a flight to a new destination to research just the topics that I feel that this would address. If anyone else can point me to a similar resource I will be happy to go there instead.

I suspect that none such other resource exists.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.