Community
Wiki Posts
Search

About swiss F

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2008, 4:06 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by Wombelero
I wasn't aware that Swiss has A330 with first class. On which routes are they used and what are the F seats like? The same as on the A340?
W
Mainly on all A330-routes over the pond, but not to India and not to Central Africa.

The F-seats are similar to the A340-seats - with the obvious difference that the power sockets are not the same (as I read on FT...).

The A330 have 12 seats (the whole front cabin is F), while the A340 have only 8.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 3:16 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by rorschi
The F-seats are similar to the A340-seats - with the obvious difference that the power sockets are not the same (as I read on FT...).
More about the power sockets can be read here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...8&postcount=14
Old Jul 27, 2008, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by hilton-gold
I think the fact that the purser is assigned primarily to the F cabin, along side 2 other FAs (regardless of load) in an 8 or 12-seat cabin, will ensure you get some very good service. I did BA, AA, and LX on an intercontinental last year and LX won easily for best service.
This isn't correct. LX assigns 2 cabin crew members to F. The purser or "maitre de cabine" however usually works in C.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 2:43 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
It depends, somethimes on night flights the service in F can be really slow. I was last year once on JFK - ZRH on an A330 in F with 11/12 seats taken and service was moving really slow and it took 2 hours until service was done which is too long as flying time is relatively short if you still want to get a nice nightly sleep. The Purser did not help they usually work in C class and somethimes even a bit in Y when it is really busy. However the year before service was very quickly on the same route. It always depends on the crew some do a more efficient job and some are slower. Nevertheless the crew in F is always very friendly. On another note I was on an A340 from JFK to ZRH a few weeks ago and sat in row 4 just behind F and noticed that after 1h20 mins into the flight lights were shut off and service was done. Maybe it had to do that the load was 6/8 people but also in a full A330 F class the crew can manage to finish service within 1h30 mins after departure
Old Aug 3, 2008, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Just boarded LX40... F cabin is a loud mess. Family with 3 kids. Mom just splashed the glass of champagne over her seat Cabin is full.

Oh well, they will calm down.

Cheers,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.