Wiki Posts
Search

VAT calculation on STC award ticket to Finland

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2006, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX/M&M, UA, AA, AF/KL, SPG Gold
Question VAT calculation on STC award ticket to Finland

I have booked two STC award tickets to Finland, 2 segments ZRH-HEL-ZRH, plus 2 domestic segments in Finland. In addition to the usual airport taxes and the annoying fuel surcharge, there's a charge of CHF 76 per ticket with code YF.

YF turns out to be the Finnish VAT of 8% on the domestic segments. However the 76 Swiss Francs equal 8% of the domestic full fare. I find it quite strange that the tax for an award ticket is calculated on the full fare and I wonder if this calculation is correct. Any opinions/experiences?
Old Mar 21, 2006, 4:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by andyZRH
I have booked two STC award tickets to Finland, 2 segments ZRH-HEL-ZRH, plus 2 domestic segments in Finland. In addition to the usual airport taxes and the annoying fuel surcharge, there's a charge of CHF 76 per ticket with code YF.

YF turns out to be the Finnish VAT of 8% on the domestic segments. However the 76 Swiss Francs equal 8% of the domestic full fare. I find it quite strange that the tax for an award ticket is calculated on the full fare and I wonder if this calculation is correct. Any opinions/experiences?
andy, that's indeed very frustrating. i got the same answer when i wanted to book an award to kuusamo. they are more and more cheating us

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.