Companion ticket on Miles and More ??

Old Mar 21, 2006, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Companion ticket on Miles and More ??

Wanted to book a C tket on Swiss metal with a Companion tket Award.

I was told that Miles and More does not offer this Award.

So what to do after April 1st ???

Do you have any informations about this issue??

thanks,

kooks.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 6:00 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by kooks
M&M does offer a companion award (but exclusively for SEN and HON members). you book an award ticket for yourself and your companion. the tix for your companion costs only half the milage.
unfortunately mixing of paid tix and companion tix is NOT possible (you on a paid tix and your companion on miles).
moreover the companion must always be accompanied by you.

CHris
Old Mar 21, 2006, 6:03 am

Angry

So what to do after April 1st ???

Do you have any informations about this issue??

thanks,

kooks.
hello kooks

I am in the same boat - I found the LX companion award the best value of all FF programs because there were never availability issues (booked in the same fare bucket as the paid ticket). I booked more than 5 longhaul awards in C / F cabins in the last two years.

As a long-standing SEN I knew that there is no such thing in M&M and informed about this quite a while ago in this forum. As there were no replies I assumed that others would not find this award as beneficial as I do....

The M&M companion award is also a good value (50% miles required on companion's ticket) but very difficult to use because of limited award availability....
Old Mar 21, 2006, 6:06 am

Unhappy

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
M&M does offer a companion award (but exclusively for SEN and HON members). you book an award ticket for yourself and your companion. the tix for your companion costs only half the milage.
unfortunately mixing of paid tix and companion tix is NOT possible (you on a paid tix and your companion on miles).
moreover the companion must always be accompanied by you.

CHris
true forgot do mention the added flexibility by only having to accompany the companion on one sector and also being able to add multiple companion awards in multi-sector routing (e.g. NRT-ZRH-LAX)
Old Mar 21, 2006, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Beside the problem of the limited award availability,

The problem of having to fly with the companion all the way is not very good.

More over when you use miles to fly you don t get any Status miles.

With the LX companion when you buy a C tket for 4000 to the US and spend 75'000 miles for the companion plus tax you get 2 C tkts for less then 5000 CHF plus status miles for one pax.... plus the usually a good availability for both tkts since they are in the same class....

I hope the will change the program

kooks.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Beside the problem of the limited award availability,

The problem of having to fly with the companion all the way is not very good.

More over when you use miles to fly you don t get any Status miles.

With the LX companion when you buy a C tket for 4000 to the US and spend 75'000 miles for the companion plus tax you get 2 C tkts for less then 5000 CHF plus status miles for one pax.... plus the usually a good availability for both tkts since they are in the same class....

I hope the will change the program

kooks.

75k miles for a C award to the US isn't cheap at all! Even w/o companion (and w/o having to buy a C ticket), you get such an award for 80k on MP or 90k on M&M (-20% with the annual X-mas voucher). OK, availability may be more of aproblem if you aren't HON.

Btw, LX ist still participating in AMEX companion fares, as in http://www10.americanexpress.com/sif...1,14720,00.asp
Old Mar 21, 2006, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flysurfer

75k miles for a C award to the US isn't cheap at all! Even w/o companion (and w/o having to buy a C ticket), you get such an award for 80k on MP or 90k on M&M (-20% with the annual X-mas voucher). OK, availability may be more of aproblem if you aren't HON.

Btw, LX ist still participating in AMEX companion fares, as in http://www10.americanexpress.com/sif...1,14720,00.asp

OK yes in Miles and more Award in C for the US is 90k but still you have to give 15k more then the companion award and you are not sure to get it...

I will be only SEN and not Circle so chances wll be less as you said...

As for the Amex deal I live in Switzerland and Amex does not give any discount or deal wih Swiss... and if they did the would not give any discount on the cheap C tkets...

kooks,
Old Mar 21, 2006, 10:58 am

Programs: LX Sen, SQ PPS
Almost all the miles that I spent with LX were companion tickets. I appreciated this offer a lot because of:
- High availability (leisure travel with companion)
- Not having to fly all legs together (business travel with companion joining)

The slightly reduced amount of miles required was nice, but never the deciding factor for me.

Cheers,

Pocoloco
Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Pocoloco
Almost all the miles that I spent with LX were companion tickets. I appreciated this offer a lot because of:
- High availability (leisure travel with companion)
- Not having to fly all legs together (business travel with companion joining)

The slightly reduced amount of miles required was nice, but never the deciding factor for me.

Cheers,

Pocoloco
same here, I would be willing to pay the same amount of miles and get the higher availabilty as a plus - soon it will be gone - it was good while it lasted - a bit surprised though that no one complained earlier....
Old Mar 21, 2006, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garfield5
same here, I would be willing to pay the same amount of miles and get the higher availabilty as a plus - soon it will be gone - it was good while it lasted - a bit surprised though that no one complained earlier....

If I knew I would have said something... hope they will do something about it.. I really did not bother looking at the M&M charts... until today...

But again I did not see it coming.... snif snif...

BTW about the "cheap" C rates from Swiss (45 days in advance and not flexible) are not available with LH they dont any similar prices....

kooks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.