Wiki Posts
Search

LX TC Silver / LH Frequent Traveller: Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2006, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH Senator Lifetime
LX TC Silver / LH Frequent Traveller: Lounges

Is it correct that now with a SWISS Travel Club Silver card you can enter the lounge let's say in Madrid when flying in economy but from April 1st with the LH Frequent Traveller card you can't?
Old Mar 15, 2006, 3:53 pm
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
If you have the FTL card and travel in Y on any Star airline, you can enter business lounges of Swiss, LH, OS... (members of miles and more).
Old Mar 15, 2006, 11:46 pm

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by SAKKE
Is it correct that now with a SWISS Travel Club Silver card you can enter the lounge let's say in Madrid when flying in economy but from April 1st with the LH Frequent Traveller card you can't?
Yes, unfortunately you are absolutely right; e.g. there is no lounge in Madrid for FTL card holders, SEN can use the Spanair lounge. For further information look at the worldwide lounge directory of LH.

IMO, this is quite pathetic. There aren't so many places outside DE/AT/CH where FTL gets you into a lounge...
Old Mar 16, 2006, 1:41 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
The question is: Will all lounge agreements LX currently has abroad automatically end on April 1st in favor of LH / * lounges?
Old Mar 16, 2006, 2:04 am
formerly Fly-Swiss

That's a question I cannot get answer to. As FTL, do we have access to all business lounges operated FOR LH, LX, OS, etc. or do we have access only to lounges that are owned or operated BY LH, LX, OS

Sorry if it is not clear, but I think the rule is not very clear on their website.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 2:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
IMO, this is quite pathetic. There aren't so many places outside DE/AT/CH where FTL gets you into a lounge...
Tja, why does it need soooo much time for most people to realize that? Silver (and also Gold) status is almost nothing worth in these days... Why don't you stop being loyal to such airlines and either switch to another program or buy the Priority Pass?
Old Mar 16, 2006, 5:56 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by airoli
The question is: Will all lounge agreements LX currently has abroad automatically end on April 1st in favor of LH / * lounges?
at check-in in Milano Malpensa today (going to fly mxp-zrh-ewr) they assured me that LX passengers travelling in business or having Gold status will still have access to the Pergolesi lounge after april-1.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 2:18 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Hello,

I have to clarify

The lounge-access-agreements are made between the airline and the airport.
If a FTL has no lounge-access at MAD according LH's lounge-list, it means that LH pays the lounge-fee only for SEN's and/or HON's.
It is quite possible that LX will have a completly different agreement with the lounge-owner at MAD than LH or LO or OS...
So the code on the boarding-pass is more important than the colour of the card. I think there will be no much difference for a STC-silver-member flying LX in the future concerning lounge access.
Actually, we have to wait until LX publishes the new lounge-access-list...

Patrick
Old Mar 16, 2006, 2:56 pm
formerly Fly-Swiss

So that would mean a FTL flying LX could have access, let's say, to Madrid's lounge but not a FTL flying LH (or the other way round)?
Old Mar 16, 2006, 6:02 pm

Programs: LH Sen
Originally Posted by Hans Dampf
Tja, why does it need soooo much time for most people to realize that? Silver (and also Gold) status is almost nothing worth in these days... Why don't you stop being loyal to such airlines and either switch to another program or buy the Priority Pass?
Sorry but I do totally disagree in this point with you.
Either you're just making fun or you're way too spoilt. It is not correct that Silver and Gold are almost nothing worth in these days. Maybe you like it when there is an endless row at the row at the Economy class check-ins and you prefer it hanging around in the normal waiting areas before depature instead of priority check-in and lounges which definitely make your trip much convenient and pleasant.
Or it is possible by any chance that you meant by any chance Silver and Gold are not that axclusive any more these days
Old Mar 16, 2006, 6:56 pm
Suspended

[FtlAOI], what I want to say with my statement is, that there is hardly any added value for the loyal customers.

All I always have to hear when I want something from the airline: It depends on the price that you payd for your ticket...

It's very often a big figh to get the benefits they write iin their rules. Even the most simple things do not automatically work.

PS: Yes, you are right, I am quite spoilt in this matter

PPS: In the Hilton hotel where I currently stay, they know how little I payd but there is absolutely no worse service then to someone who pays the full price. The frustrated swiss administration staff shall come here and see what it means to provide an excellent service!
Old Mar 16, 2006, 7:19 pm

Programs: LH Sen
[FtlAOI], what I want to say with my statement is, that there is hardly any added value for the loyal customers.
It's very often a big figh to get the benefits they write iin their rules. Even the most simple things do not automatically work
Well it depends very much on the program you have applied for. For example the Hon Circle program from LH. Here the loyal customers really get a lot of benefits and advantages when they have qualified for it. They are entitled to use the FCT/FCL in FRA and the FCL in MUC also when they only have a intra-german flight in L or T. I think you are familiar with this program therefore I assume I don't have to explain it to you.
I mean the benefits you get as a Silver member are limited bit IMO not useless and I don't have to fight for getting them.

All I always have to hear when I want something from the airline: It depends on the price that you payd for your ticket...
Without doubt it is very important how much you paid for your ticket since this can bring a loong some benefits for you or maybe disadvantages that you will be treated like an animal.
Anyway not only factors like status or tickets are essential moreover also the ground staff and the crew you're confronted with. Sometimes they are more than friendly sometimes they are undecent that is unbelievable but that's human nature though it should not happen at all if you're with clients ( it doesn't matter in which kind of business )
Old Mar 17, 2006, 2:37 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss
So that would mean a FTL flying LX could have access, let's say, to Madrid's lounge but not a FTL flying LH (or the other way round)?
Exactly. You can compare the lounge-access-list from LH and OS...

Patrick
Old Mar 20, 2006, 4:24 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH LT-FTL (HON till 02/25), AB-G†
Lounge Access

Lounge Access is different on OS and LH and it will definitly be on LH even if your Status (SEN/FTL/HON) is the same.
There are many differences in Lounge access when flying OS or LH.
So look at the lounge-access rules of the OPERATING carrier.

For example in Venice you have lounge access flying OS you have:
Lounge Access when flying C, as FTL and SEN.
When flying LH you only have access as SEN (not even flying C).
As VCE has only the generic Airport Lounge it is the same Lounge they contract!

In Berlin you have acces to the FTL/SEN Lounges when flying OS or LH.
If you have no Status but fly C on OS you have no acces to the FTL-Lounge but you are allowed in the Globe-Ground "Otto Lilienthal Lounge".

So each Airline - even if they have the Loyality Program in common - has their own lounge-policy.

In MAD you have only acces to the Lounge when flying C or as a SEN when you travel on LH.

Future will see if LX will change their access-rules, but until nothing is written...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.