Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss to hook up with Lufthansa

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2005, 5:15 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by flysurfer
even with a 1:1 ratio.
Are you sure? In Switzerland it's 2:1...

Last edited by verve; Apr 4, 2005 at 1:34 am
Old Apr 3, 2005, 7:18 am

Programs: QR platinum
I actually like it, it looks like the first and only opportunity for European AMEX card holders to transfer their Membership Reward points to a *A carrier, even with a 1:1 ratio. So I'm about to become a TC member and will convert my AMEX Reward Points to TravelClub - with the options of either using them for *A awards sometime later or converting the TC miles to MM after the offer is out.

actually transferring Amex MR points to a *A carrier already is possible

BMI = 5 Membership Rewards points = 1 diamond club destination point

and TAP air portugal =1 Membership Rewards point = 1 Navigator (now Victoria)mile
Old Apr 3, 2005, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by verve
Are you sure? In Switzerland ist 2:1...
Yep. Says 1:1 on my AMEX website.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by beepee
actually transferring Amex MR points to a *A carrier already is possible

BMI = 5 Membership Rewards points = 1 diamond club destination point

and TAP air portugal =1 Membership Rewards point = 1 Navigator (now Victoria)mile
My German AMEX card does not offer any transfer to BMI.

And TAP is not going to be part of MM in the future.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:40 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
german ripoff

My German AMEX card does not offer any transfer to BMI.

And TAP is not going to be part of MM in the future.

german amex is really useless, you can only move the points to TAP.

in other countries you can move the points to ANA, Thai, TAP swiss,jal , etc etc.

Old Apr 5, 2005, 4:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by derpelikan
german amex is really useless, you can only move the points to TAP.

in other countries you can move the points to ANA, Thai, TAP swiss,jal , etc etc.

Maybe there is something wrong with your program? Are you not in the American Express Gold program? I am not sure but I think there is a standard program for the green cards and a special program upon request and against a fee (or free of charge for gold cards).

However, I just checked it - http://www.americanexpress.de - and I don't have any problems at all transfering miles to almost all programs (incl. STC). It is even better than the Swiss program. With Amexco Germany, one needs one point for one mile.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 5:15 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
wrong

may be you miss understood me. the previous posts were talking about the possibilty to move the points to *alliance carrier from germany amex .

so there is only one option TAP for german cardholders.

dp

there is a another way to get your amex miles changed to other star carriers. just move it to a foreign country amex account.

i moved my points to us at a rate of 1.32 and got a 32% bonus .
Old Apr 6, 2005, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by derpelikan
may be you miss understood me. the previous posts were talking about the possibilty to move the points to *alliance carrier from germany amex .

so there is only one option TAP for german cardholders.

dp

there is a another way to get your amex miles changed to other star carriers. just move it to a foreign country amex account.

i moved my points to us at a rate of 1.32 and got a 32% bonus .
That's interesting. After 3 years of living in the US they might finally give me a green AMEX card there, if I'm very lucky. So your 1.32 transfer was actually the EUR/USD rate applied to your MR points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.