Wiki Posts
Search

Wonder about Swiss / American Codeshares

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2003, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Location: Texas AA EXP 4.5 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
Wonder about Swiss / American Codeshares

I have travelled extensively on the Swiss / American Codeshares and have enjoyed the relationship.

Curious if Swiss will keep this intact to pull from American (Oneworld), while Luftansa pulls from United (StarAlliance).

To me it would seem to be the best of both worlds and would be silly to cancel the relationship.....

Of course about the time these decisions will be made, the new Codeshares with British Airways should start up for American. Personally I prefer flying through Zurich rather than Heathrow.

------------------
AA member since 1981. Oracle Implementations .... Will Travel....
Old Aug 3, 2003, 10:14 am

I think LX will pull-out of AA relationship. I can't see LH switching to AA.
Old Aug 4, 2003, 4:24 am

How quickly could this happen ... and what impact if any could this have on ones ability to book LX award flights on AA?

Thanks!
Old Aug 6, 2003, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bretteee:
I think LX will pull-out of AA relationship. I can't see LH switching to AA. </font>
I dont see LH even remotely switching to AA either, but having LX in OneWorld would seem to be the best of all options for LH.

------------------
Old Aug 12, 2003, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/...-swiss-air.htm

apparently Swiss sees the benefits of going with Oneworld over the Star Alliance.....

------------------

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.