Old Jun 24, 2003, 6:00 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Swiss Air Lines' Board Of Directors Is Country's Worst

Swiss Air Lines' Board Of Directors Is Country's Worst

http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/030624/0544000283_1.html
Old Jun 24, 2003, 6:11 am

It's easy to criticise. I am not defending the Swiss management but let's be fair, there are also many things out of their control such as the weak economy, the Iraq war, Sars, the belligerent unions, high fuel costs, and German pressure to reduce night landings at Zurich.
Old Jun 24, 2003, 6:43 am
doc
Original Poster

Yes, that is so!

---

Swiss International Air to Cut 3,000 Jobs, Reduce Fleet

http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/030624/0817000414_1.html

---

One hopes that this will help!
Old Jun 24, 2003, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The "worst ever" would be reserved for the board of the old SwissAir. IMHO, that's were the mess, Swiss is in today, all started.

I'd concur with Bretteee re the adverse conditions the new Swiss is finding themselves in at none of their fault.
Don't get me even started on landing rights vs. Gotthard transit, NEAT etc.
Old Jun 24, 2003, 3:36 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bretteee:
It's easy to criticise. I am not defending the Swiss management but let's be fair, there are also many things out of their control such as the weak economy, the Iraq war, Sars, the belligerent unions, high fuel costs, and German pressure to reduce night landings at Zurich.</font>
You're right, but from my point of view the Swiss managers are laggards.
Old Aug 12, 2003, 9:48 am
doc
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by niklaus1:

You're right, but from my point of view the Swiss managers are laggards.</font>
---

Swiss International Air Says Revamp Ahead Of Schedule

http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/030811/1246000791_2.html
Old Aug 13, 2003, 12:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bretteee:
It's easy to criticise. I am not defending the Swiss management but let's be fair, there are also many things out of their control such as the weak economy, the Iraq war, Sars, the belligerent unions, high fuel costs, and German pressure to reduce night landings at Zurich.</font>
I believe the very last CEO of Pan Am was quoted as saying that if his airline went into the funeral business, people would stop dying!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.