Wiki Posts
Search

Grumpy flight attendants on Swiss

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2022, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF
Grumpy flight attendants on Swiss

I flew SIN to ZRH on Swiss in J a couple of days ago and had the grumpiest FA I've ever experienced.
It started when boarding and the overhead lockers were still up and she was making snide remarks to passengers struggling to open some that were a bit stuck.
Then during the flight she was very snappy with passengers. During her later shift she never walked through the cabin to see if anyone needed anything and just stayed behind the curtain as much as possible.
I never saw her smile or be friendly to any of the passengers. The rest of the crew seemed quite nice though.
When exiting the aircraft I said quite boisterously "thanks for a lovely flight!" and she just scowled at me and didn't say a word.
A passenger behind me then made a comment to me about her as we got into the terminal so I wasn't the only one that noticed.

Anyway thought others might have some stories about FA that clearly don't want to be there.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Thats unacceptable, suggest you use the feedback form & let LX know.

Its not my experience of LX FAs, however im always at the front of the plane, maybe they post the grumpy ones at the back
Old Sep 3, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Definitely report it... Although I agree its unusual and LX FAs are often lightyears ahead of LH in terms of friendliness and customer service skills.
chris63 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerLX
Definitely report it... Although I agree its unusual and LX FAs are often lightyears ahead of LH in terms of friendliness and customer service skills.
I agree also with your second point
Old Sep 3, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Not great service, but you have no idea what is going in their life right now. It may be that the best thing they did to serve the cabin was stay out of the way.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
I had a crew member be shirty with me when I asked for an extra drink DXB-SYD. I ran into her several hours later in the galley where I happened to be scrolling through photos on my phone including my dogs. Long story short, turned out her husband had to take her dog to get euthanized as she was heading out the door to work this flight. If she hadnt come to work shed be fired.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by roberino
Long story short, turned out her husband had to take her dog to get euthanized as she was heading out the door to work this flight. If she hadnt come to work shed be fired.
That's unfortunate and obviously deeply distressing, but the true mark of a service industry professional is to not show it (let alone take it out) on your customers.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 8:12 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by gojko88
That's unfortunate and obviously deeply distressing, but the true mark of a service industry professional is to not show it (let alone take it out) on your customers.
Agree, and we still should find the balance between expectations and being compassionate.
NoizeBoy likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by FlyerLX
Funny, I am no longer a regular LH flyer, but I always preferred LH service to LX's service (as a J flyer).
Old Sep 4, 2022, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by gojko88
Maybe, but working a long haul flight where you cant get away from people makes that a big ask.
NoizeBoy and DiamondMile like this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe, but working a long haul flight where you cant get away from people makes that a big ask.
If you dont want to be in a customer facing environment, why be a FA
Old Sep 5, 2022, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by chris63
If you dont want to be in a customer facing environment, why be a FA
Maybe they do want a customer facing job but not be forced to work on pain of termination on the worst day possible of their entire life so far? They're people, not robots.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 6:43 am

Fortunately there are no post about grumpy and unprofessional FAs at the AA board. Otherwise the board would overflow.
This case is very unfortunate, but in my experience it is rare.
chris63, 59Impala and DiamondMile like this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe they do want a customer facing job but not be forced to work on pain of termination on the worst day possible of their entire life so far? They're people, not robots.
We will never know, will we but maybe the wrong person in the wrong job, certainly not what the pax paid LX for

Pain of termination ? this is the LX forum not the EK one
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: LXFF
Yeah pretty rare on Swiss. Nearly 100 long haul flights with LX (50/50 J/F) and I've never had a bad experience. I've had maybe 2-3 flights in F that the crew where indiferent. Did their job but didn't really care. Never had a grumpy FA though.

I get that you can have a bad day, but to take it out on passengers is not very professional. Just like I don't take out my mood swings on FAs...
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.