FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   Grumpy flight attendants on Swiss (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/2092950-grumpy-flight-attendants-swiss.html)

rosege Sep 2, 2022 2:04 pm

Grumpy flight attendants on Swiss

I flew SIN to ZRH on Swiss in J a couple of days ago and had the grumpiest FA I've ever experienced.
It started when boarding and the overhead lockers were still up and she was making snide remarks to passengers struggling to open some that were a bit stuck.
Then during the flight she was very snappy with passengers. During her later shift she never walked through the cabin to see if anyone needed anything and just stayed behind the curtain as much as possible.
I never saw her smile or be friendly to any of the passengers. The rest of the crew seemed quite nice though.
When exiting the aircraft I said quite boisterously "thanks for a lovely flight!" and she just scowled at me and didn't say a word.
A passenger behind me then made a comment to me about her as we got into the terminal so I wasn't the only one that noticed.

Anyway thought others might have some stories about FA that clearly don't want to be there.

chris63 Sep 3, 2022 1:10 am

That’s unacceptable, suggest you use the feedback form & let LX know.

It’s not my experience of LX FA’s, however i’m always at the front of the plane, maybe they post the grumpy ones at the back :D

FlyerLX Sep 3, 2022 3:15 am

Definitely report it... Although I agree it’s unusual and LX FAs are often lightyears ahead of LH in terms of friendliness and customer service skills.

chris63 Sep 3, 2022 3:43 am

Originally Posted by FlyerLX (Post 34568584)
Definitely report it... Although I agree it’s unusual and LX FAs are often lightyears ahead of LH in terms of friendliness and customer service skills.

I agree also with your second point ;)

roberino Sep 3, 2022 1:39 pm

Not great service, but you have no idea what is going in their life right now. It may be that the best thing they did to serve the cabin was stay out of the way.

roberino Sep 3, 2022 1:44 pm

I had a crew member be shirty with me when I asked for an extra drink DXB-SYD. I ran into her several hours later in the galley where I happened to be scrolling through photos on my phone including my dogs. Long story short, turned out her husband had to take her dog to get euthanized as she was heading out the door to work this flight. If she hadn’t come to work she’d be fired.

gojko88 Sep 4, 2022 7:18 am

Originally Posted by roberino (Post 34569688)
Long story short, turned out her husband had to take her dog to get euthanized as she was heading out the door to work this flight. If she hadn’t come to work she’d be fired.

That's unfortunate and obviously deeply distressing, but the true mark of a service industry professional is to not show it (let alone take it out) on your customers.

59Impala Sep 4, 2022 8:12 am

Originally Posted by gojko88 (Post 34571113)
That's unfortunate and obviously deeply distressing, but the true mark of a service industry professional is to not show it (let alone take it out) on your customers.

Agree, and we still should find the balance between expectations and being compassionate.

Nic33 Sep 4, 2022 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerLX (Post 34568584)

Funny, I am no longer a regular LH flyer, but I always preferred LH service to LX's service (as a J flyer).

roberino Sep 4, 2022 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by gojko88 (Post 34571113)

Maybe, but working a long haul flight where you can’t get away from people makes that a big ask.

chris63 Sep 4, 2022 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by roberino (Post 34571962)
Maybe, but working a long haul flight where you can’t get away from people makes that a big ask.

If you don’t want to be in a customer facing environment, why be a FA…

roberino Sep 5, 2022 7:35 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 34573018)
If you don’t want to be in a customer facing environment, why be a FA…

Maybe they do want a customer facing job but not be forced to work on pain of termination on the worst day possible of their entire life so far? They're people, not robots.

Unterwegs Sep 6, 2022 6:43 am

Fortunately there are no post about grumpy and unprofessional FAs at the AA board. Otherwise the board would overflow.
This case is very unfortunate, but in my experience it is rare.

chris63 Sep 6, 2022 6:58 am

Originally Posted by roberino (Post 34573804)
Maybe they do want a customer facing job but not be forced to work on pain of termination on the worst day possible of their entire life so far? They're people, not robots.

We will never know, will we but maybe the wrong person in the wrong job, certainly not what the pax paid LX for ;)

Pain of termination ? this is the LX forum not the EK one :D

ced_lx Sep 6, 2022 8:49 am

Yeah pretty rare on Swiss. Nearly 100 long haul flights with LX (50/50 J/F) and I've never had a bad experience. I've had maybe 2-3 flights in F that the crew where indiferent. Did their job but didn't really care. Never had a grumpy FA though.

I get that you can have a bad day, but to take it out on passengers is not very professional. Just like I don't take out my mood swings on FAs...