Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Likely to be cancelled” on Swiss website?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2022, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: MB X4, HH Diamond, IHG DA, CA Silver
“Likely to be cancelled” on Swiss website?

Good day! I have a trip coming up with Swiss on an AC ticket. Today when I was checking my itinerary I noticed this:

There doesn’t seem to be a link to further details, and the flights are all showing confirmed and on time (today is only T-3.5 though). Interestingly enough, this only shows on the mobile site. The Swiss app or the full pc site do not indicate this at all, and nothing shows on AC’s portals either. This is my first time seeing this, does anyone have some better insights or experience on how concerned I should be? Thanks for your input in advance!
Old May 22, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by AnetGarti
Good day! I have a trip coming up with Swiss on an AC ticket. Today when I was checking my itinerary I noticed this:

There doesn’t seem to be a link to further details, and the flights are all showing confirmed and on time (today is only T-3.5 though). Interestingly enough, this only shows on the mobile site. The Swiss app or the full pc site do not indicate this at all, and nothing shows on AC’s portals either. This is my first time seeing this, does anyone have some better insights or experience on how concerned I should be? Thanks for your input in advance!
Which flight is that?
Old May 22, 2022, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shipsmail
Which flight is that?
I have LX243 and LX86 DXB-ZRH-YUL
Old May 22, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: LH SEN; DL PM; Hertz PC; Bonvoy Gold
I doubt either of them will be cancelled; both flights are reasonably full and there's nothing other than that label to suggest it—which I've never seen before. Cancelling this close to departure would be expensive for Swiss.
Old May 22, 2022, 11:58 am

That label is something new to see for me too - weird. However, considering the bad IT that LX (and LH group as a whole) are using, it wouldn't surprise me at all if that's just a glitch.
Old May 22, 2022, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pdeut
I doubt either of them will be cancelled; both flights are reasonably full and there's nothing other than that label to suggest it—which I've never seen before. Cancelling this close to departure would be expensive for Swiss.
Much appreciate your input - I was thinking the exact same as the flights were not in any way too empty, and I can't see another reason for them to cancel them considering the EU is moving towards the positive direction re COVID restrictions, but guess we shall see!
Old May 22, 2022, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
That label is something new to see for me too - weird. However, considering the bad IT that LX (and LH group as a whole) are using, it wouldn't surprise me at all if that's just a glitch.
Thanks for your insight - this indeed seemed very random to me and I guess I'll see in the next few days..🤞
Old May 22, 2022, 4:00 pm

That’s the craziness thing I’ve seen in terms of LH/LX IT. “Likely to be cancelled”—wth???
Old May 22, 2022, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NYC1
That’s the craziness thing I’ve seen in terms of LH/LX IT. “Likely to be cancelled”—wth???
Have you seen this before?
Like, I appreciate the proactiveness if the flights are truly at risk of being cancelled, but at least give me a reason or specify which flight I have to worry about?
Old May 22, 2022, 8:50 pm

Have you seen this before?
Like, I appreciate the proactiveness if the flights are truly at risk of being cancelled, but at least give me a reason or specify which flight I have to worry about?
Never. It makes no sense.
Old May 23, 2022, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, I didn't realize how emotionally manipulative LX is.
pdeut likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: QR Gold, TK Gold
Not sure if this is related in any way but the Austrian news site orf.at had an article yesterday about airlines and -ports missing staff after the pandemic for the upcoming summer season.

The article states that Swiss is planning to cancel some longhaul flights next to shorthaul flights.

"Trotzdem plant die Swiss im Sommer weitere Flugstreichungen im „tiefen einstelligen Prozentbereich“. Bei den Langstreckenflügen seien folgende Ziele betroffen: New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Tokyo, Bangkok, Singapur, Hongkong, Dubai und Johannesburg." (unfortunately in German only)

Last edited by birsti; May 23, 2022 at 1:00 pm Reason: Because better English makes us all smile
Old May 23, 2022, 1:06 pm

But that won’t be flights in a few days. But rather during the (even more) busy summer season..
Old May 26, 2022, 2:03 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott

Today is the day! Curious how this played out ... Safe flight
Old May 26, 2022, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbams
Today is the day! Curious how this played out ... Safe flight
All seems in order! First segment already flown, sitting at ZRH now waiting for my connection =)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.