Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Likely to be cancelled” on Swiss website?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2022, 6:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by AnetGarti
All seems in order! First segment already flown, sitting at ZRH now waiting for my connection =)
Glad to hear that the crazy IT has not (yet?) affected operations.
Old May 27, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: BAEC, M&M, VA Flying Club
Oh, so I had no idea LX IT was so bad. I found out last night, purely by chance, that due to a flight number change 3 months ago Swiss dropped our flight entirely from JNB to ZUR. It was a First Class companion fare ticket MAN-FRA-JNB-ZUR-MAN and all the other segments were intact. When I contacted them they seemed confused and had to go through the Revenue department to sanction F booking class rather than the A that we had booked.

I had just signed up for a free expertflyer trial and thought I'd take a look at our flights and there I saw the seats that I'd booked 5 months ago empty!!

I won't take "confirmed" tickets for granted ever again.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Currybelly
I won't take "confirmed" tickets for granted ever again.
Two lessons here - (1) check all your future itineraries periodically, at least once a month, and (2) you can use the ExpertFlyer seat alert function -- set to alert you if your assigned seat becomes available -- to serve as a back-up monitor for this type of thing.
pdeut likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by ijgordon
..you can use the ExpertFlyer seat alert function -- set to alert you if your assigned seat becomes available -- to serve as a back-up monitor for this type of thing.
I didn't know that feature was still operational but that isn't a bad idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.