Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss F Check In in Zurich

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by vantage03
In any case, why would you want to schlep your luggage up the escalators when you can just check it at the private entrance?
That‘s why I said I like the choice. Would check heavy luggage or multiple pieces downstairs, but probably wheel one medium sized bag up.
Old May 5, 2019, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by sophialite
I unfortunately hope to have to check in no bags when I'm there.
Then the A FCL will probably be your first contact with LX staff that day.
Old May 6, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Upon entering the terminal, I'd recommend to check in luggage directly if you have any. In the past (and likely near future), you could also check-in at HON/F lounge. You'll notice directly when coming to the airport by car, if you arrive by train it's a little walk to check-in 1 on level 1.
Old May 6, 2019, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I repeat--I do not plan to check in bags. And worldclubbers answer above was perfect. thx
Nik_Jr and worldclubber like this.
Old May 6, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sophialite
I repeat--I do not plan to check in bags. And worldclubbers answer above was perfect. thx
Great, have a good flight and enjoy ZRH if you have a chance!
Old May 8, 2019, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by vantage03
In any case, why would you want to schlep your luggage up the escalators when you can just check it at the private entrance?
If you're coming by train (and thus from the escalator from two levels down) it's a detour to head to the cloud for checkin first (or even the regular F/*G) checkin as compared to head directly ahead and up to the lounge. And it's not impossible there is some waiting time in the cloud, since LX does only staff it with one single staff "by default" (from my limited experience)
Old May 18, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: M&M Senator - EK Gold - EY Gold
I was just at the F Lounge in Terminal A and asked the very friendly welcome staff about the possibility to check in baggage there. Absolutely no problem.

Essentially the check-in lounge next to the curb is more convenient for F/HON PAX arriving by car transfer or doing valet. Arriving by train or parking your own car, it's more efficient to go straight up to the Terminal A F Lounge.

Hope this helps.
worldclubber and daumueller like this.
Old May 18, 2019, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by ajtoao
I was just at the F Lounge in Terminal A and asked the very friendly welcome staff about the possibility to check in baggage there. Absolutely no problem.

Essentially the check-in lounge next to the curb is more convenient for F/HON PAX arriving by car transfer or doing valet. Arriving by train or parking your own car, it's more efficient to go straight up to the Terminal A F Lounge.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for confirming what some of us had been saying all along. Check in at the lounge is no problem at all.
ajtoao likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.