Swiss F Check In in Zurich

Old May 4, 19, 1:41 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: London
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 802
Swiss F Check In in Zurich

where is the new first class check in leading direct to FCL A in ZRH?
sophialite is offline  
Old May 4, 19, 3:01 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,036
You can check in directly at the entrance of the FCL.
worldclubber is offline  
Old May 4, 19, 3:57 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: London
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 802
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
You can check in directly at the entrance of the FCL.
And where is that entrance relative to the other check in desks? Ive never done this before.
sophialite is offline  
Old May 4, 19, 4:02 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,036
Originally Posted by sophialite View Post
And where is that entrance relative to the other check in desks? Ive never done this before.
There is an escalator at the end of the hall that you enter when you pass the check-desks on your right and regular security on the left. It leads you directly to the FCL in A.
worldclubber is offline  
Old May 4, 19, 4:08 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: London
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 802
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post


There is an escalator at the end of the hall that you enter when you pass the check-desks on your right and regular security on the left. It leads you directly to the FCL in A.
Perfect thank you
worldclubber likes this.
sophialite is offline  
Old May 4, 19, 4:16 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,036
Originally Posted by sophialite View Post
Perfect thank you
Pleasure. Have a good flight.

BTW, you can see it from a distance:



worldclubber is offline  
Old May 4, 19, 10:35 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 2,642
But no luggage check in there! That’s only at the first class island, opposite the SEN check in.
daumueller is offline  
Old May 4, 19, 11:31 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,036
Originally Posted by daumueller View Post
But no luggage check in there! That’s only at the first class island, opposite the SEN check in.
Downstairs is the F check-in lounge, as you said, and they told me I could also just go straight to the lounge and check in there, with checked bags. True or not?
worldclubber is offline  
Old May 5, 19, 1:24 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 2,642
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post


Downstairs is the F check-in lounge, as you said, and they told me I could also just go straight to the lounge and check in there, with checked bags. True or not?
as i got conflicting information on that i asked my HON PA and was told that bags need to be checked downstairs. That was before they did the renovation etc though. Then again. What is the point of the newly renovated check in lounge if all can be done at the lounge?
daumueller is offline  
Old May 5, 19, 3:21 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,036
Originally Posted by daumueller View Post
as i got conflicting information on that i asked my HON PA and was told that bags need to be checked downstairs. That was before they did the renovation etc though. Then again. What is the point of the newly renovated check in lounge if all can be done at the lounge?
Thanks for sharing this. Maybe things have indeed changed since.

The LX website seems to confirm that you can check baggage downstairs and upstairs at the welcome desk at the lounge entrance:

„Check your baggage at the SWISS First Check-in Lounge or the welcome desk – just steps away. As a guest in SWISS First or as a HON Circle member, you may also use the private security lane.“
https://www.swiss.com/de/en/fly/airp...h#t-page=pane2

Last time I checked in downstairs they told me that both are possible, even with luggage. I like choice, so even better.

worldclubber is offline  
Old May 5, 19, 4:00 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 2,642
Seems like i stand corrected - or the website is wrong

will not depart from ZRH anytime soon with luggage so wont be able to confirm...
daumueller is offline  
Old May 5, 19, 4:48 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,036
Originally Posted by daumueller View Post
Seems like i stand corrected - or the website is wrong

will not depart from ZRH anytime soon with luggage so wont be able to confirm...
Maybe sophialite can confirm, when she was there.

My check-in experiences in ZRH are limited to a few times a year now, as I usually just transfer at ZRH. Just happened to check in there once recently and was told that both downstairs and upstairs are OK.
worldclubber is offline  
Old May 5, 19, 6:13 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: London | Sydney
Programs: LH HON, QF CLP1, SQ PPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
Posts: 770
In any case, why would you want to schlep your luggage up the escalators when you can just check it at the private entrance?
vantage03 is offline  
Old May 5, 19, 7:13 am
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: London
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 802
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post


Maybe sophialite can confirm, when she was there.

My check-in experiences in ZRH are limited to a few times a year now, as I usually just transfer at ZRH. Just happened to check in there once recently and was told that both downstairs and upstairs are OK.
I unfortunately hope to have to check in no bags when I'm there.
sophialite is offline  
Old May 5, 19, 7:54 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 2,642
Originally Posted by sophialite View Post


I unfortunately hope to have to check in no bags when I'm there.
that makes it easy do decide where to check in
worldclubber likes this.
daumueller is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread