Swiss European Business Class

Old Mar 27, 19, 3:17 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 20
Swiss European Business Class

Hello Frequent Flyers

In April I will take 2 legs in each way:
-MUC->ZRH
-ZRH-GDN
and comeback from GDN via ZRH to MUC

I am *A Silver and I will go in business class

I have a some questions:
1.If someone knows is in Swiss European Business real Champagne(as Swiss informing on their site) or this is just sparkling wine/prosecco?
2.in ZRH as *A Silver and business class passenger what lounges are available? Only this Swiss Business lounge in Terminal E and A?
3.If someone know if there is possibility/promotion as In MUC that if you are fly Lufthansa and have Silver status you can buy-in for 19€ access to Senator Lounge?

Big thanks in advance for your answers.
Regards
raiders30 is offline  
Old Mar 27, 19, 4:24 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geneva
Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Posts: 2,681
Originally Posted by raiders30 View Post
Hello Frequent Flyers

In April I will take 2 legs in each way:
-MUC->ZRH
-ZRH-GDN
and comeback from GDN via ZRH to MUC

I am *A Silver and I will go in business class

I have a some questions:
1.If someone knows is in Swiss European Business real Champagne(as Swiss informing on their site) or this is just sparkling wine/prosecco?
2.in ZRH as *A Silver and business class passenger what lounges are available? Only this Swiss Business lounge in Terminal E and A?
3.If someone know if there is possibility/promotion as In MUC that if you are fly Lufthansa and have Silver status you can buy-in for 19€ access to Senator Lounge?

Big thanks in advance for your answers.
Regards
welcome to FT posting after lurking for 3 years!

1. Real champagne, Duval Leroy at the moment, IIRC.

2. The C lounges indeed. A lounge is closest to your departure gates.

3. I am not aware of any promo, but the difference between SEN and C lounges is not very large. You may have a better chance of being guested by a friendly FT’er. Post your dates & times in the LH lounge thread...
MichielR is offline  
Old Mar 27, 19, 4:51 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 20
Hi MichelR,

Many thanks for your answers it was very helpful

Yeah I know, I didn't post anything and sorry for that but honestly I was visit from time to time FlyerTalk and new topics has been usual answered or I didn't know the answer.

I will try to be better

Anyway I have answers for all my questions so thank you again my friend

Regards

Last edited by raiders30; Mar 27, 19 at 5:37 pm
raiders30 is offline  
Old Mar 27, 19, 5:24 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,031
Concerning the lounge in E: SEN is pretty much like the business lounge except for the additional whisky bar. So buying into the SEN lounge only makes sense for whisky lovers (if buy-in is offered at all).
worldclubber is offline  
Old Mar 27, 19, 5:37 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 20
Hi wordclubber,

Hmmm so something for me

I will ask and share it here but honestly I doubt.

In example this promotion is only from FRA and MUC as I remember and only for LH.Other airlines like LOT are not allowed.

But I will make tests:
-I will ask in MUC for buy-in for SEN lounge when flying SWISS and in ZRH.
The results I will share in this topic at the 15.04.2019

Regards
worldclubber likes this.
raiders30 is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 9:36 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Programs: LXFF
Posts: 242
C louge in A was completly packed last Tuesday, went to the Center Bar for a snack was way more relaxed.
ced_lx is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 9:48 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 20
I am thinking about Swiss lounge in terminal E
raiders30 is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 2:16 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,031
Originally Posted by raiders30 View Post
I am thinking about Swiss lounge in terminal E
Which is indefinitely nicer than the new waiting room (aka lounge) in A.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Mar 28, 19, 3:44 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 20
yep I read that here few times and saw it also on youtube

That's why I wanna go there

I will have approx 1,5h on route to GDN and back to MUC 3h

I can't wait already this trip
worldclubber likes this.

Last edited by raiders30; Mar 28, 19 at 5:27 pm
raiders30 is offline  
Old Mar 29, 19, 1:12 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,031
The E lounge is one of the few lounges worldwide that have an outdoor patio without a glass wall between you and the action:





chris63 and lightwalker like this.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Mar 29, 19, 4:02 am
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 20
Hi worldclubber,

Thanks for photos.

I checked already videos on youtube and I am thrilled!! xD

Many times I flown Business with Lot Polish Airlines and Lufthansa -Germany and CityLine(all European BC)

what can I say:

Till this time my ranking was:
-LOT
-Luftahnsa Germany
-Lufthansa CityLine(This company,I just hate in BC.....)

but now after I checked few videos with SWISS I think on the top will be SWISS

Regards
raiders30 is offline  
Old Mar 29, 19, 10:35 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 3,743
Originally Posted by raiders30 View Post
Hi worldclubber,

Thanks for photos.

I checked already videos on youtube and I am thrilled!! xD

Many times I flown Business with Lot Polish Airlines and Lufthansa -Germany and CityLine(all European BC)

what can I say:

Till this time my ranking was:
-LOT
-Luftahnsa Germany
-Lufthansa CityLine(This company,I just hate in BC.....)

but now after I checked few videos with SWISS I think on the top will be SWISS

Regards
Do let us know what you think, IMO , OS then LOT & then LX, the latter has gone downhill rapidly intra EU ....
worldclubber likes this.
chris63 is online now  
Old Mar 29, 19, 10:43 am
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 20
Hi Chris63,

Unfortunatelly I didn't had any opportunity to fly OS yet, but yes after my trip I will for sure summarize and tell if something will be change in ranking regarding LX

No problem
raiders30 is offline  
Old Mar 29, 19, 1:46 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,031
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
Do let us know what you think, IMO , OS then LOT & then LX, the latter has gone downhill rapidly intra EU ....
Would definitely agree concerning LX: not as good as they used to be, both in the air and at the E lounges. But LX is still OK and since the differences in short-haul J are not so great between all of the LH-Group airlines and the duration of the flight is usually short, I would fly whatever gets me to my destination best.

PS @chris63: If I am not mistaken, I took one of the pictures posted above when we last met at the FCL in E and went out on the patio after lunch.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Mar 29, 19, 9:19 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 3,743
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
Would definitely agree concerning LX: not as good as they used to be, both in the air and at the E lounges. But LX is still OK and since the differences in short-haul J are not so great between all of the LH-Group airlines and the duration of the flight is usually short, I would fly whatever gets me to my destination best.

PS @chris63: If I am not mistaken, I took one of the pictures posted above when we last met at the FCL in E and went out on the patio after lunch.
Catering has gone down significantly on LX & even more so LH in short-haul, depends on the length of the flight wether it matters or not, for me ZRH-MAN & MUC-MAN are not so short & the catering is pathetic .....
At least LX still offer Champagne in J.

LX E FCL is still fantastic & yes, you did take photos during our time in E FCL, nice lunch !
worldclubber likes this.
chris63 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread