Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss European Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:26 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
In GVA, I had several times a separate bus or at least a separate section in the bus for business passengers. In the latter case, the doors of the business section opened first and other doors opened only once the business passengers were in the plane.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:48 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by athome
Yes, really. LX is not LOT and ZRH is not WAW.
And yes - LO is the only airline in Europe that has dedicated (and properly policed) buses for Premium Economy & Business passengers on arrival and departure (not FF status-based, so *G in Y use Y bus). (And yes - this is OT )
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:21 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
There is a seperate Bus in GVA for Business PAX consistently as far as my experience goes (inlcuding today). A lot better than in ZRH...
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I just had a talk with the Helvetic MdC and he told me that it is a rule in ZRH to have a dedicated Business Bus for arrivals and was really surprised to hear that for me it has been more miss than hit...

But that‘s an interesting fact to know that i shall point out the next time I don‘t have a J pax Bus
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Hmmm I already finished my trip in both ways.
Business bus was only on arrival in ZRH as you all mentioned.
And yes I also in back leg to MUC I had 3h between flights and I went to Business Lounge non-schengen in Terminal E.
Almost empty lounge it was waaaaaayyyy more better as you all mentioned than A.
Even receptions lady told me that they know that A lounge is a crap.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 4:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I beg to differ. The A lounge is not crap. It's actually still better than most Business Lounges.

The Aspire Lounge in MAN is "crap".
chris63 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Nick Art
I beg to differ. The A lounge is not crap. It's actually still better than most Business Lounges.

The Aspire Lounge in MAN is "crap".
Absolutely agree with this until you have ‘aspired’ to an Aspire lounge you really cannot understand how bad things can get
Nick Art likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TPJ
And yes - LO is the only airline in Europe that has dedicated (and properly policed) buses for Premium Economy & Business passengers on arrival and departure (not FF status-based, so *G in Y use Y bus). (And yes - this is OT )
I’m a fan of Basia (maybe not as much as G) but it’s not as Rose tinted as you suggest. On WAW-TLL no pax in C or P got the bus. An apology was forthcoming.

And recently the premium pax on SOF didn’t either. Pity the poor Babuschka hobbling off the Cobus.

Basia really isn’t so flawless in this regard.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
LIS-GVA last week in C, I was surprised to have 2 warm meal choices and/or anything from the BoB menu.

Last edited by GalaxyChris; Jun 28, 2019 at 1:12 pm
Old Jun 29, 2019, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
LIS-GVA last week in C, I was surprised to have 2 warm meal choices and/or anything from the BoB menu.
wow! That's unusual.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:59 am

Programs: LH M+M
Just did HAM-ZRH-WAW r/t in LX C and no extra bus on arrival (WAW-ZRH).
Meals quite good and very nice FAs on all legs.
First time on a CS3 which has shiny seats, unsure about those new, small overhead air show displays..
Old Jul 1, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by PAX_fips
Just did HAM-ZRH-WAW r/t in LX C and no extra bus on arrival (WAW-ZRH).
Meals quite good and very nice FAs on all legs.
First time on a CS3 which has shiny seats, unsure about those new, small overhead air show displays..
No separate bus at ZRH? That's unusual, the separate business bus has always worked for me, even on Dash 8 arrivals.

The displays, also known as cigarette pack TV, are cute, but not really good for anything. As the flights are usually fairly short, I don't care too much.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by worldclubber
No separate bus at ZRH? That's unusual, the separate business bus has always worked for me, even on Dash 8 arrivals.

The displays, also known as cigarette pack TV, are cute, but not really good for anything. As the flights are usually fairly short, I don't care too much.
Still haven‘t seen them show the old Tom and Jerry movies on them...
Until they start doing that I won‘t really care too much about them

Also: last April on Helvetic I got a J class Bus for the first time in ZRH. I have never before gotten one on an outside position.
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
That is usual for the long GVA routes: There is one to two hot main meals available on GVA-LIS, GVA-RAK and GVA-DME.
TBH done like that the new BOB is actually quite nice in J.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Also: last April on Helvetic I got a J class Bus for the first time in ZRH. I have never before gotten one on an outside position.
That's weird. I have done quite a number of flights into ZRH on LX Dash 8 op by Austrian and always got the J bus, often by myself.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by worldclubber
That's weird. I have done quite a number of flights into ZRH on LX Dash 8 op by Austrian and always got the J bus, often by myself.
Purser told me the same thing. Apparently it's a rule to have a J class Bus in ZRH, however, on LX it seems I was just always unlucky until then.
worldclubber likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.