Swiss European Business Class

Old Apr 22, 19, 4:26 am
  #46  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: GVA
Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Posts: 670
In GVA, I had several times a separate bus or at least a separate section in the bus for business passengers. In the latter case, the doors of the business section opened first and other doors opened only once the business passengers were in the plane.
Carpacchio is offline  
Old Apr 26, 19, 6:48 am
  #47  
TPJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Posts: 7,540
Originally Posted by athome View Post
Yes, really. LX is not LOT and ZRH is not WAW.
And yes - LO is the only airline in Europe that has dedicated (and properly policed) buses for Premium Economy & Business passengers on arrival and departure (not FF status-based, so *G in Y use Y bus). (And yes - this is OT )
TPJ is online now  
Old Apr 26, 19, 11:21 am
  #48  
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: CPH & ZRH
Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Posts: 2,708
There is a seperate Bus in GVA for Business PAX consistently as far as my experience goes (inlcuding today). A lot better than in ZRH...
Nick Art is offline  
Old Apr 26, 19, 2:57 pm
  #49  
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: CPH & ZRH
Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Posts: 2,708
I just had a talk with the Helvetic MdC and he told me that it is a rule in ZRH to have a dedicated Business Bus for arrivals and was really surprised to hear that for me it has been more miss than hit...

But thats an interesting fact to know that i shall point out the next time I dont have a J pax Bus
Nick Art is offline  
Old Apr 26, 19, 4:29 pm
  #50  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Munich
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 70
Hmmm I already finished my trip in both ways.
Business bus was only on arrival in ZRH as you all mentioned.
And yes I also in back leg to MUC I had 3h between flights and I went to Business Lounge non-schengen in Terminal E.
Almost empty lounge it was waaaaaayyyy more better as you all mentioned than A.
Even receptions lady told me that they know that A lounge is a crap.
raiders30 is offline  
Old Apr 26, 19, 5:00 pm
  #51  
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: CPH & ZRH
Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Posts: 2,708
I beg to differ. The A lounge is not crap. It's actually still better than most Business Lounges.

The Aspire Lounge in MAN is "crap".
chris63 likes this.
Nick Art is offline  
Old Apr 27, 19, 9:36 am
  #52  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 8,025
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
I beg to differ. The A lounge is not crap. It's actually still better than most Business Lounges.

The Aspire Lounge in MAN is "crap".
Absolutely agree with this until you have aspired to an Aspire lounge you really cannot understand how bad things can get
Nick Art likes this.
chris63 is offline  
Old Apr 27, 19, 12:09 pm
  #53  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,858
Originally Posted by TPJ View Post
And yes - LO is the only airline in Europe that has dedicated (and properly policed) buses for Premium Economy & Business passengers on arrival and departure (not FF status-based, so *G in Y use Y bus). (And yes - this is OT )
Im a fan of Basia (maybe not as much as G) but its not as Rose tinted as you suggest. On WAW-TLL no pax in C or P got the bus. An apology was forthcoming.

And recently the premium pax on SOF didnt either. Pity the poor Babuschka hobbling off the Cobus.

Basia really isnt so flawless in this regard.
hugolover is offline  
Old Jun 27, 19, 9:29 pm
  #54  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: ZRH
Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 557
LIS-GVA last week in C, I was surprised to have 2 warm meal choices and/or anything from the BoB menu.

Last edited by GalaxyChris; Jun 28, 19 at 2:12 pm
GalaxyChris is offline  
Old Jun 29, 19, 5:31 pm
  #55  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS/EAP
Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Posts: 28,995
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris View Post
LIS-GVA last week in C, I was surprised to have 2 warm meal choices and/or anything from the BoB menu.
wow! That's unusual.
cfischer is offline  
Old Jun 30, 19, 2:59 am
  #56  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: next to HAM
Programs: LH M+M
Posts: 902
Just did HAM-ZRH-WAW r/t in LX C and no extra bus on arrival (WAW-ZRH).
Meals quite good and very nice FAs on all legs.
First time on a CS3 which has shiny seats, unsure about those new, small overhead air show displays..
PAX_fips is offline  
Old Jul 1, 19, 10:17 am
  #57  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 4,354
Originally Posted by PAX_fips View Post
Just did HAM-ZRH-WAW r/t in LX C and no extra bus on arrival (WAW-ZRH).
Meals quite good and very nice FAs on all legs.
First time on a CS3 which has shiny seats, unsure about those new, small overhead air show displays..
No separate bus at ZRH? That's unusual, the separate business bus has always worked for me, even on Dash 8 arrivals.

The displays, also known as cigarette pack TV, are cute, but not really good for anything. As the flights are usually fairly short, I don't care too much.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Jul 1, 19, 5:43 pm
  #58  
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: CPH & ZRH
Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Posts: 2,708
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
No separate bus at ZRH? That's unusual, the separate business bus has always worked for me, even on Dash 8 arrivals.

The displays, also known as cigarette pack TV, are cute, but not really good for anything. As the flights are usually fairly short, I don't care too much.
Still havent seen them show the old Tom and Jerry movies on them...
Until they start doing that I wont really care too much about them

Also: last April on Helvetic I got a J class Bus for the first time in ZRH. I have never before gotten one on an outside position.
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris View Post
LIS-GVA last week in C, I was surprised to have 2 warm meal choices and/or anything from the BoB menu.
That is usual for the long GVA routes: There is one to two hot main meals available on GVA-LIS, GVA-RAK and GVA-DME.
TBH done like that the new BOB is actually quite nice in J.
Nick Art is offline  
Old Jul 2, 19, 6:05 am
  #59  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 4,354
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
Also: last April on Helvetic I got a J class Bus for the first time in ZRH. I have never before gotten one on an outside position.
That's weird. I have done quite a number of flights into ZRH on LX Dash 8 op by Austrian and always got the J bus, often by myself.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Jul 2, 19, 6:19 am
  #60  
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: CPH & ZRH
Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Posts: 2,708
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
That's weird. I have done quite a number of flights into ZRH on LX Dash 8 op by Austrian and always got the J bus, often by myself.
Purser told me the same thing. Apparently it's a rule to have a J class Bus in ZRH, however, on LX it seems I was just always unlucky until then.
worldclubber likes this.
Nick Art is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread