Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disgusting Hygiene at ZRH Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Worked in my junior years doing cooking and food prep in restaurant. Gloves were never used. I repeat, never. This was Canada, not India.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by worldclubber
I agree on not wanting to get ill before or on a long flight.

Not sure I agree on the recommendation not to eat at lounges. I think you are much less likely to get sick from most lounge foods than at most restaurants.A lot of the food at lounges is of the professional catering and/or convenience type, i.e. it may not be great, but is generally safe to eat.
Probably too safe, Bleached salads and processed food. No germs there. And if the cook is sick and spits in the soup, the gloves will not help.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Nic33
Probably too safe, Bleached salads and processed food. No germs there.
That's exactly what I meant: food suffers from making it "too" safe, but just before a long flight is a "better safe than sorry" scenario, where I do not mind too much.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: LX SEN
In this respect, when I order seafood aboard a plane, I am always thinking about the consequences of food poisoning, especially if the whole batch of seafood served is contaminated. But all in all food seems ok from a contamination perspective in lounges and planes. I have never experienced an issue.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:43 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Nic33
In this respect, when I order seafood aboard a plane, I am always thinking about the consequences of food poisoning, especially if the whole batch of seafood served is contaminated. But all in all food seems ok from a contamination perspective in lounges and planes. I have never experienced an issue.
The airlines take great care that the food is not contaminated. Most of the food derved on planes is cooked and then frozen to minimize any potential threats. Food safety is the number one priority.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.