Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Star Gold card required?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by warakorn
I've read here on FT 3 years ago (though, I cannot find the link, yet) that TK is refusing to pay LH for TK pax accessing LH lounges at MUC T2.
There must be some misunderstanding as TK needs to pay for it no matter what, seems weird that you get away with *A rules like that
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
There must be some misunderstanding as TK needs to pay for it no matter what, seems weird that you get away with *A rules like that
This could very well be a case of someone getting refused entry for lack of *G card and getting confused and posting misinformation. I think we'd be hearing a lot more about this if it were an actual policy - as it stands, no one has any first-hand evidence, so it's highly unlikely this is actually happening.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
I did not have to show my card for lounge access in a very long time. The BP is usually enough both at outstations and in FRA (have not been to MUC in a while ).
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by totti
I did not have to show my card for lounge access in a very long time. The BP is usually enough both at outstations and in FRA (have not been to MUC in a while ).
Are you SEN or other Star G?
Old May 7, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: UA*S, CX*S, CI*G
Is there any conclusion on how the payment for lounge usage(and other *G benefits) are been processed? Just curious lol.

Wonder if there is any mechanism to deal with some airlines offering massive status match (A3, TK, AZ, AB) etc.
Old May 7, 2017, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by fleuve
Is there any conclusion on how the payment for lounge usage(and other *G benefits) are been processed? Just curious lol.

Wonder if there is any mechanism to deal with some airlines offering massive status match (A3, TK, AZ, AB) etc.
There is likely no mechanism that can be implemented to deny elites that have been statusmatched. The only thing possible is to have a rule in Star Alliance that no airline shall have a statusmatch promo.
Old May 7, 2017, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by fleuve
Is there any conclusion on how the payment for lounge usage(and other *G benefits) are been processed? Just curious lol

Been exstensively covered in this thread:

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Since the LH group charges *A partners a higher lounge rate when admitting *G into the SEN lounge (about 30*A$ instead of the usual 20*A$ for C lounge access, or 10*A$ when a C *G pax gets into the SEN lounge instead of the C lounge as ticketed), the *A partners insisted sometime in the early 2010s to audit the process the LH group uses. After the audit, LH decided to implement the lounge access software we all experience and love today. Also new was the accounting for SEN/HON/FTL.
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Well it depends if you enter the SEN or BIZ lounge. As SEN lounges only permit *G entry, LX will be billed.

But if in LH C accessing the LH C lounge then it will it will be billed to LH, if in LX C then LX billed.
Originally Posted by airoli
Unfortunately, you are wrong. oliver2002 is right on the money - pun intended.

For small airports with contract lounges, the lounge bills the sole Star carrier operating there but notes the *G FFP that granted access. The operating carrier then passes on the cost to the relevant FFP.

In SIN, UA directs pax to the cheapest lounge because the large majority of eligible pax departing on UA are UA FFP members or are travelling in C/F (in which case UA pays). It makes no sense to establish a different proceedure exclusively for other FFP *G travelling in UA Y. Also, think of the message: "Oh, you're a UA *G travelling in Y, please go to SATS. And you, Mr. LH *G, you can go to any of the nicer lounges...."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.