Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Star Gold card required?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2016, 6:35 am
formerl motty

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, VS Gold, Hertz Pres. Circ, Avis Pres Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
What if you tell them you're an LX SEN when you're an LH one.
I'd think it should be the same, since LH SEN is *A Gold which gives you the same access to the SEN lounge.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 8:14 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
What if you tell them you're an LX SEN when you're an LH one.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
So I know that M/M cards can come with different logos of the LH Group airlines, but how can they verify the truth if they verbally ask you questions of which type of SEN you are. Do they see it on the computer or can tell by the type of M/M number or any other trick?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I accessed the LX & OS SEN lounge in ZRH & VIE without my SEN card, just scanning the BP was fine. The LX lounge people just ask if its a LX or LH SEN card.
I had this experience on wednesday as well. I asked if they changed the rules, to which they replied "Yes, we just need to know if LX or LH"..

So apparently, it has been adjusted.. finally!
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
does anyone have experience in where the expiry date on the card shows as gold, but the BP shows as non elite? ac to *A rules, it is valid an access must be granted.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by benberg2013
does anyone have experience in where the expiry date on the card shows as gold, but the BP shows as non elite? ac to *A rules, it is valid an access must be granted.
When my A3*G card prematurely expired in the computer, I was granted access upon presentation of the *G card.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 6:30 am

So I know that M/M cards can come with different logos of the LH Group airlines, but how can they verify the truth if they verbally ask you questions of which type of SEN you are. Do they see it on the computer or can tell by the type of M/M number or any other trick?

You cannot tell by the number, I registered with Lufthansa and had a LH MM card. When I moved to Switzerland and changed the address I became LX MM customer and my new card shows the LX logo but the number remained the same.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by AirbusA318
You cannot tell by the number, I registered with Lufthansa and had a LH MM card. When I moved to Switzerland and changed the address I became LX MM customer and my new card shows the LX logo but the number remained the same.
So whether or not you live in Switzerland determines lounge acces?

AFAIK, you can just tell them you're an LX sen even if you are an OS one and they won't bat an eye.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
So whether or not you live in Switzerland determines lounge acces?
No - no difference in access rights. But the logo on the card reflects your country of residence (Switzerland=LX, Austria=OS, Belgium=SN, Poland=LO, rest of world=LH), determines which group airline "owns" you and correspondingly gets billed when you use the lounge.

It's internal LH Group accounting proceedure, executed with German precision and resulting bureaucratic silliness.

(If you need another example of how rules and regulations go overboard, look at how many lines of footnotes, numbers, registrations etc. you find at the bottom of any invoice issued by a German company. They even need to tell you who the chairman of their board is! )
Old Nov 1, 2016, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by airoli
No - no difference in access rights. But the logo on the card reflects your country of residence (Switzerland=LX, Austria=OS, Belgium=SN, Poland=LO, rest of world=LH), determines which group airline "owns" you and correspondingly gets billed when you use the lounge.

It's internal LH Group accounting proceedure, executed with German precision and resulting bureaucratic silliness.

(If you need another example of how rules and regulations go overboard, look at how many lines of footnotes, numbers, registrations etc. you find at the bottom of any invoice issued by a German company. They even need to tell you who the chairman of their board is! )
I knew about different countries getting different M/M card branding. But I was under the impression that LH paid for everything and there was no difference in the billing.

But thanks for answering my question.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:42 pm
formerl motty

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, VS Gold, Hertz Pres. Circ, Avis Pres Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Dragons vanquished

Over the weekend I traveled EWR-ZRH on C and connected to another destination. Went through 3 lounges:
1. EWR Lounge - Joint LH/LX lounge. Was not asked for card and directed to SEN side.
2. Swiss Arrival lounge in ZRH - Was not asked for card.
3. Swiss E gates lounge - When presenting the boarding pass to agents - I was denied entry altogether. The flight was an LX code share and the agents (two older and not too bright guys) insisted that because the flight was operated by another airline - I had no entry privileges. After several minutes of arguing - they found a printed list with my name on it and directed me to enter the Business lounge. I told them that as a *G I should be allowed into the SEN side. I was then asked for a card. I then asked them why they are asking for a card when my boarding pass showed clearly I was a *G. At which point they took another look and allowed me to enter the SEN side - without showing a card.

Conclusion: Know your rights and insist on what you deserve and you could keep your card in your pocket.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Some recent reports from some of the usual contenders:

- LHR Lufthansa lounge: was told no card needed since it was in the system (flying SN in Y, as a *G). I had handed over the BP, and was in the middle of pulling out my card at that time.
- ZRH E-gates: handed over the BP, while fumbling with my card - agent didn't seem to look at my card (flying LO, status did not show on the BP, but my UA number was on the BP).

- Random chinese airport, flying NH: was given two lounge passes at checkin (showed *G card, I think they just double checked since it was in the system), only had to show lounge pass + BP at the lounge.

Last edited by televisor; Nov 2, 2016 at 1:22 am
Old Nov 1, 2016, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by motty
Over the weekend I traveled EWR-ZRH on C and connected to another destination. Went through 3 lounges:
1. EWR Lounge - Joint LH/LX lounge. Was not asked for card and directed to SEN side.
2. Swiss Arrival lounge in ZRH - Was not asked for card.
3. Swiss E gates lounge - When presenting the boarding pass to agents - I was denied entry altogether. The flight was an LX code share and the agents (two older and not too bright guys) insisted that because the flight was operated by another airline - I had no entry privileges. After several minutes of arguing - they found a printed list with my name on it and directed me to enter the Business lounge. I told them that as a *G I should be allowed into the SEN side. I was then asked for a card. I then asked them why they are asking for a card when my boarding pass showed clearly I was a *G. At which point they took another look and allowed me to enter the SEN side - without showing a card.

Conclusion: Know your rights and insist on what you deserve and you could keep your card in your pocket.
Like, LX dragons are the strictest ones out there and TK dragons are the most relaxed as you enter thru an automated gate.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 5:09 pm
formerl motty

In my case the LX "dragons", seemed more ignorant than strict - since they denied entry based on lack of knowledge of who should be admitted. Struck me as more counter service than pro exclusivity.just my 2c.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 2:27 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by airoli

I am an LX FTL (Swiss resident). But I am mostly flying LH for practical reasons resulting from my usual flight itinary. This would mean that LX is billed each time I enter a LH lounge, although I am practically never flying with LX. That sounds weird.

Also, what happens when I am flying on C with LH. Does LX still get billed when I access a LH lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.