Community
Wiki Posts
Search

overnight transit at ZRH

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2011, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE (2008-2013), SPG Platinum (06-NOW)
overnight transit at ZRH

I will have an overnight transit at ZRH after a long flight from BKK. The route is BKK-FRA (TG922) and continue to FRA-ZRH by LX1077. I will be arriving at ZRH at 20:45 and will continue my last lag to YUL by LX86 the following morning.
Can anyone give me some advice about my options in accomodation, maybe an affordable transit hotel for a few hours resting near or probably at the airport?
kind of silly question but does LX First class lounge open 24 hours?
Old Apr 2, 2011, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
LX FCL closes over night, thus, this is not an option. It would not even be an option if the lounge was open because there are no "sleeping rooms".

There is the Radisson Blu at the airport (landside), and a variety of airport hotels.

Another possibility is to rent a day room in the terminal.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Thank you Zurich Flyer, renting an overnight room at the airport looks like the best option in my case, very inexpensive <CHF100 and less of a hassle. However the website does not explain anywhere if any of those room have a private washroom...
do you or any of the flyertalk member have experience renting this room overnight and can share their experiences?

Thanks once again....
Old Apr 2, 2011, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
For which date is your overnight stay?
Old Apr 2, 2011, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

I will be arriving at zrh on the 17 and departing the 18 of April.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 8:50 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
LX FCL closes over night, thus, this is not an option. It would not even be an option if the lounge was open because there are no "sleeping rooms".
They had 2 sleeping rooms there when i visited in Jan.

Excellent rooms, with a nice bed & sheets, as well as some nice chocolates.

Also there was an attached shower room.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 1:15 am

The day rooms are what it says: DAY rooms.
You can not stay there overnight.

However there is a variety of good hotels in the airport vicinity, all of them operating shuttles ( Mövenpick Hotel f.i. ) or you walk over to the Radisson Blue. Google is your friend
Old Apr 3, 2011, 2:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by mraquinas
Thank you Zurich Flyer, renting an overnight room at the airport looks like the best option in my case, very inexpensive <CHF100 and less of a hassle. However the website does not explain anywhere if any of those room have a private washroom...
do you or any of the flyertalk member have experience renting this room overnight and can share their experiences?

Thanks once again....
I can't share any experience with the airside day rooms. However, I know they are located at the remote end of the A wing (near gate A80 etc.). Frankfurt flights usually arrive in A60 ... and Montreal departs in E, which is quite far from A80. Therefore they are about the same distance like the Radisson Blu ... Going landside is not much hassle, as you arrive on a Schengen flight, i.e. passport control takes place in Frankfurt. Going landside also does not increase the number of security controls in your case (1 when entering E for the YUL departure).
Old Apr 3, 2011, 4:02 am

Programs: LH HON
Other question: Why dont you fly BKK-zrh-yul? Much shorter, same Airlines...
Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daumueller
Other question: Why dont you fly BKK-zrh-yul? Much shorter, same Airlines...
I am traveling with my wife until Frankfurt as she have to stay in Germany for another week. I did decide to go through this hassle of transit to be at the same TG922 with her.

Btw, how do you guys rate the Movenpick Hotel by Airport? how much hassle in the transportation wise between the airport and the hotel as I will be arriving quite late at night..
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
20.45 is not at all late and the shuttle ride to the Moevenpick is no longer than 5 minutes. The hotel itself was fine, albeit a bit dated the last time I visited (the public areas).

The airport dayrooms are very spartan and do not have private bathrooms. They are fine as a last resort, but are mostly used by people stranded overnight unintentionally and without proper documentation to enter Schengen (they are now located in the B gates and not Schengen-A where they were before).
Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:59 am

Programs: EB Silver, Bonvoy Gold
Best ZRH Airport Hotel?

I join this thread for another question. Which airport hotel do you give best ratings in term of value for money and conveniance? My case: I will depart from ZRH very early in the morning (6:30 a.m.) with my family (two toddlers), therfore I forsee a day before arrival and an overnigt at ZRH.
Thanks for any help and regards,
grischtu
Old Apr 4, 2011, 6:01 am

LX offers complementary overnight lay-over

you should contact your tkt sales agent or LX office where you bought your tkt.
In some cases (fares) LX may accomodate complimentary overnight hotel stay for passangers if there is not available connecting same day flight.
it is usllay in Movenpick or Radisson hotels
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:43 am

Programs: Miles and More
You can also check this thread
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LukasNied
you should contact your tkt sales agent or LX office where you bought your tkt.
In some cases (fares) LX may accomodate complimentary overnight hotel stay for passangers if there is not available connecting same day flight.
it is usllay in Movenpick or Radisson hotels

I will be flying AE Reward F, I will call LX ticketing center and inquire about this. I will report to the forum on the result.

Last edited by mraquinas; Apr 4, 2011 at 8:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.