Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Q2 Promo: Get a free weekend night for every 2 stays + 1K DL or NW miles 9FWFN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Q2 Promo: Get a free weekend night for every 2 stays + 1K DL or NW miles 9FWFN

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2009, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SleepDoc
I didn't say he was gifting the free weekend night... 3544quebec would be gifting the paid room.
If there were a paid room (or even a standard award room), then it shouldn't be a problem. I was interpreting 3544quebec's inquiry as referring to TWO rooms using the free weekend night from the promo.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:24 pm

I'm sorry to those who wanted double stays, but this a great offer. Don't forget you can redeem at Category 5 and 6 hotels as well. Registration will begin April 17th and I'm sure double stays will be offered later this year!

Last edited by WScottsdaleInsider; Apr 13, 2009 at 10:34 pm
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
I'm sure double stays will be offered later this year!
I hope so. My calculations have me ending up with exactly 25 stays this year. I'd love to be able to convert a couple of them into awards and still make Platinum.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:14 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Starwood Gold, VX elevate
Happy camper right here. Two nights at the aLoft outside of LA gets me a free night at a W! Hell of a deal!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:34 pm

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
I'm sorry to those who wanted double stays, but this a great offer. Don't forget you can redeem at Category 5 and 6 hotels as well. Registration will begin April 17th and I'm sure double stays will be offered later this year!
I have to say, another chain now runs double stay till the end of June, from March 15. Yes, I mean 2009 now and personally registered as well.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by MattTaiwan
I have to say, another chain now runs double stay till the end of June, from March 15. Yes, I mean 2009 now and personally registered as well.
Yes I am in on this!
The SPG promotion does nothing for me as I am not a leisure traveller.
If the free weekend nights were transferable and valid until December 31st then that is a different picture.Sorry SPG no nights for me in this quarter.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:54 pm

Programs: AC E, PC Plat Amb
Originally Posted by MattTaiwan
which one?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 2:11 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by soitgoes
If there were a paid room (or even a standard award room), then it shouldn't be a problem. I was interpreting 3544quebec's inquiry as referring to TWO rooms using the free weekend night from the promo.
I am interpreting it in the same way as soitgoes but do feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Apr 14, 2009, 3:05 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
with a quick glance at places I will be near...

Sheraton Dallas North is $75 ai on weekends...
Kuching and Sabang, Malaysia, similar low prices...
Old Apr 14, 2009, 4:00 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IC Amb
Not complaining as it is a good deal for many members, including myself, but it lacks originality...Hyatt has been running their similar FFN program for years.

As a primarily leisure SPG Plat, I was hoping to see a double stay credit promo materialize as well this quarter. Oh well.

I just think SPG could've done a little bit better (for both them and us): As many of us will undoubtedly stay at inexpensive SPG properties to redeem free weekend nights at Cat 5-6 properties, it would've been smart of SPG to concurrently offer double elite stay credit at its premium brands (W, LC, St Regis for instance) to generate additional revenue from us loyal frequent guests who value our elite status to potentially offset the forecasted revenue decrease at luxury properties which would result from this Q2 promo. Just adding my $0.02.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 4:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by W2B Globetrotter
Not complaining as it is a good deal for many members, including myself, but it lacks originality...Hyatt has been running their similar FFN program for years.

hyatt changed theirs this time around to allow for free week day redemption without the 3 night min for weekdays or to rephrase .. one nighters were weeknight eligible
Old Apr 14, 2009, 4:28 am

Programs: SQ Gold, SPG Plat
Wooo! Hooo! 10 stays coming for Q2. That means 5 weekend nights. Wow, looks like I am going to spend my weekends at the St Regis Singapore!!
Old Apr 14, 2009, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I understand the free nights are not transferable, but can I book 2 rooms for the same night as long as I am checking in and using 1 of the rooms, the 2nd room being for travel companions/family?
Well it seems that I have to correct myself.

Just receive an update from my colleague that members with two awards can redeem two rooms for the same night as long as both rooms are in their name under the reservation. However, the award itself is not transferable.

[email protected]

Old Apr 14, 2009, 4:32 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
hyatt changed theirs this time around to allow for free week day redemption without the 3 night min for weekdays or to rephrase .. one nighters were weeknight eligible
I know. I took advantage of a stay at the Century Plaza during midweek when rates were $350+. Not my first choice as weekend redemptions at resort properties dried up in the last months.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 4:44 am

Dear all,

I also would like to use a scenario to clarify further.

If I have 2 free weekend awards and I would like to use them for the same night at the same property, it is possible but there are a couple of conditions.

1. Both reservations have to be under my name.
2. I have to be staying in one of the rooms.

I cannot give an award away to my friends or family members. I have to use it and enjoy the award. However, I can share the award with my family and friends.

Giving, no. Sharing, yes.

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.