Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Q2 Promo: Get a free weekend night for every 2 stays + 1K DL or NW miles 9FWFN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Q2 Promo: Get a free weekend night for every 2 stays + 1K DL or NW miles 9FWFN

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2009, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by McFlyPHL
This is excellent.

How has *wood been about multiple "stays" in the same week? I'd break each trip into 3 or 4 one night stays at the same property if it would work. Or do you have to stay one night using your number and then another without ad inifinitem to maximize this?
It might work if you book under a diff. name and credit card for the middle night. but then you would be left without a room for a few hours each day during check out and in
Old Apr 13, 2009, 1:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist ; National Exe; Avis Preferred; Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by Yanec
No Dont wait book now. It will count as long as your actual stay is between May 1 and July 31
okay, one last question.

I'm a timeshare owner in maui as well. . .I can get 10% off going through mystarcentral to book. . .would this still count as an "eligible stay"?
Old Apr 13, 2009, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Queen438
will travelzoo rate count as qualifying rate?
It should. All Starpoint-eligible rates are supposed to count, and William has stated in the past that Travelzoo promos (e.g., Fairfax Embassy Row in DC) are point-eligible, despite posting problems on the part of the hotel. You should be able to get credit, even if it might mean a follow-up with SPG post-stay.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, HH GOLD, PP
Originally Posted by Raindeer
^
Old Apr 13, 2009, 1:18 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
Originally Posted by Queen438
What does it mean when is says "Peak Season" under the hotel name?
Don't worry about it; it's not applicable this year or to this promo.

"Buy 2 get 1 free" is similar to the terms of Hyatt's Faster Free Nights -- but with summer redemption!

(FWIW, prior to last year, Hyatt FFN restricted one-night award redemptions to weekend nights.)

Last edited by paytonc; Apr 14, 2009 at 12:40 am
Old Apr 13, 2009, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
^ Great job SPG!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 1:40 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I don't understand a few things. Why make the awards limited to 3 of the 7 days of the week only?

If I've earned an award night & if the hotel has the available rooms, what would it hurt to let me use it on a Tuesday or a Monday?

I'm glad that so many people are happy about this promo, it just doesn't fit well with my travel patterns.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
I don't understand a few things. Why make the awards limited to 3 of the 7 days of the week only?

If I've earned an award night & if the hotel has the available rooms, what would it hurt to let me use it on a Tuesday or a Monday?

I'm glad that so many people are happy about this promo, it just doesn't fit well with my travel patterns.
SPG is targeting the leisure market and excluding the business market.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by seanthepilot

This is so easy: They give you free weekend nights in the absolutely dead season of the year. Good until end September.... Commercially sound: If you want to use these for a vacation you have at least to book (and pay for or spend points) for the days in between the weekends. In particular the high end hotels are empty at weekends during this period.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 2:00 pm

Programs: AC E, PC Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
... If you want to use these for a vacation you have at least to book (and pay for or spend points) for the days in between the weekends. In particular the high end hotels are empty at weekends during this period.
I thought room booked with points do not count as qualifying rate/stay...
Old Apr 13, 2009, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
great promo....i have around 20 stays pending in may & june....free weekends, here i come....
Old Apr 13, 2009, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
This is a great promo ^.
I'm moving some nights from MR to SPG. Cat 6 avail for free night, that's awesome!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Now ready to switch from Hyatt promo to SPG Q2 promo ^
Old Apr 13, 2009, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by saad
great promo....i have around 20 stays pending in may & june....free weekends, here i come....
I suggest that you have a specific plan to use your 10 free weekend nights. This could be tricky in India
Old Apr 13, 2009, 2:27 pm

Wow, great promotion. Rather short redemption period but that's okay!

I am not fond of hotel hopping (and don't need to do it), but I guess when I am in Bangkok in May for five nights, I should hotel hop between SGS and WGS to get two free weekend nights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.