Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2009, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, United MP Premier, Alaska Air, BA, Qantas, ANZ
To those who've stayed at the St. Regis Atlanta--did you only eat at hotel restaurants, or are there others nearby?

Any in walking distance?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 1:48 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Its not walking distance to the "malls" in Buckhead but there are restaurants withing walking distance. I couldn't really tell you what or how good they are since I didn't eat at any of them (or the hotel either for that matter). I believe that the hotel has a car service that will drop you off in Buckhead (not sure about pickup) - I'm pretty sure its a Bentley Flying Spur since I saw it constantly in front of the property every time I went in / out of the hotel.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by adventurous
To those who've stayed at the St. Regis Atlanta--did you only eat at hotel restaurants, or are there others nearby?

Any in walking distance?
There are several around the area, within 5/10 min (you never know what ATL traffic will be like) of the hotel.

I've eaten at several restaurants in ATL but this probably should be continued in the South Forum, as to not take this thread off topic. I'm happy to supply a list.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 5:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
There are several around the area, within 5/10 min (you never know what ATL traffic will be like) of the hotel.

I've eaten at several restaurants in ATL but this probably should be continued in the South Forum, as to not take this thread off topic. I'm happy to supply a list.

I'd be interested for sure--I have a list of 6 restaurants' menus, all Buckhead, with no prices, and I am not a person for whom that kind (price-less) does any good.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 4:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Brief Review

All --

Just thought I'd provide a quick review of the hotel. For the weekend, I booked two rooms using the Free Weekend Nights promotion for my family who was coming to town. I made sure to check them both in and both received plat benefits.

The first room was upgraded to a Metropolitan Suite (2 Queens) on the 10th floor. The room was gorgeous -- beautiful furnishings, gigantic bathroom, etc.

The second room was upgraded to a Deluxe King (not sure the difference in Deluxe vs Superior -- but there were no other std suites available -- verified w/website). Again, beautiful room -- just lacked the sitting area found in the suite.

Both rooms were immaculate and in both a bottle of wine, complimentary chocolates, and a note from teh GM greeted us due to my SPG Plat status. (My mother and father got a particular kick out of that). Also, the staff was outstanding -- check-in folks were courteous and friendly, valets were fast and I don't recall opening my door the entire weekend, and the bellmen were the friendliest I've encountered. Two family members visited the spa and seemed to enjoy that. I'm also told the gym is quite nice.

We also visited the bar on Saturday from 5-7pm or so for some pre-dinner drinks. The bar felt like something out of the Ivy Leagues -- beautiful rich dark wood, leather sofas, etc. Outstanding.

The only downside of the property in my mind was breakfast Sunday morning. So that the family could hit the road at a reasonable hour, we scheduled a 930a breakfast at 88 Paces on teh 4th floor. It took them over an hour to get us served -- all we ordered was omelets, bacon, and oatmeal -- nothing difficult. No offer to comp anything. They still have some work to do here.

Hope this helps!

Matt
Old Jul 26, 2009, 5:10 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum and Million Miler, Starwood Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Restaurants

Any in walking distance?
I haven't stayed there, but I live in Atlanta. The St Regis is in the heart of Buckhead. Lot's of restaurants in the area.
Try Nava, virtually next door -- upscale southwestern. Very good. Try the lobster taco appetizer, prickly pear margaritas, and sea bass entree.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 5:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PriceIsRight
I haven't stayed there, but I live in Atlanta. The St Regis is in the heart of Buckhead. Lot's of restaurants in the area.
Try Nava, virtually next door -- upscale southwestern. Very good. Try the lobster taco appetizer, prickly pear margaritas, and sea bass entree.
Nice. We're not there until September, for 6 nights. I'll try Nava for sure.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Anybody know if the rooms have either

1) a fridge or

2) large enough ice buckets for champagne

3) a microwave oven

?

Thanks
Old Aug 15, 2009, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Camino1
Anybody know if the rooms have either

1) a fridge or

2) large enough ice buckets for champagne

3) a microwave oven

?

Thanks
1) No, it has a minibar with lots of stuff in it, no extra room.
2) Standard size silver ice buckets. You could fit a bottle of champers in it, but of course only the bottom 2/3 of it would actually be in the bucket.
3) No
Old Aug 15, 2009, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
1) No, it has a minibar with lots of stuff in it, no extra room.
2) Standard size silver ice buckets. You could fit a bottle of champers in it, but of course only the bottom 2/3 of it would actually be in the bucket.
3) No

Helpful.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Me as well. When in Sept.? I stopped by there today to kinda see what it was like inside.
The St. Regis is a very nice looking property.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
Me as well. When in Sept.? I stopped by there today to kinda see what it was like inside.
The St. Regis is a very nice looking property.

We get there on the 14th.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
We get there on the 14th.
I will miss you by a couple of days. I am really excited about staying at this property. I noticed they also have two Bentleys for use as the hotle shuttle.
The only thing that I did not like looking around was some of the prices at the Remade spa. $250 for a facial! They are almost double what the Bliss spa at W Downtown charges.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 7:21 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I've got a two nighter (free weekends!) coming up next weekend. Any insight from prior guests would be appreciated.

1. How much is wi-fi in the room?
2. Is wi-fi free in any public areas? The pool area in particular?
3. Anyone have experience with those Bentley's? I'd love to send my wife off shopping in one of those or roll up to dinner in one.
4. Are there cabanas at the pool? Any idea as to cost or amenities if there are?
Old Aug 16, 2009, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; SPG Plat;
2nd the Nava recommendation - fantastic food!

I sat at the bar and ate - and the bar tender was very attentive - plus got 5 dollar small plates...great value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.