Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by chrisw73
Stayed with the family a couple of weeks back, booking two rooms using award nights for a single night stay. Here are my thoughts on the stay:

Valet / bellmen were fantastic. Quick to help, friendly, and very responsive. Joked around with my boys and helped load quite a bit of luggage into a small rental car trunk.

Room. No upgrades on either room (Platinum). I thoughts the rooms were ok, not fantastic. In comparison to other like domestic properties I was not disappointed nor overwhelmed by the room quality.

Amenity - we were sent up a bottle of cheap wine and a couple of chocolates. The kids were excited by the chocolates, the wife and I were not with the wine .

Concierge - was very helpful. Helped with dinner reservations and found a place suitable to bring the whole family.

Front desk - average at best. Check out process took forever and I was charged for pressing that was included in the room. Took a bit of time to get taken care of but the folio given to me had all accurate charges ($32 for valet) and I left satisfied.

The bad. Reviewing my credit card statement a week later a noticed a significant charge from the St. Regis. Knowing we only had a $32 bill I called the hotel and was transferred to the accounting department. The call went to voicemail and I left a detailed message and figured that would be the end of it as they would address it appropriately. No call or email back from the hotel after a few days I check my cc statement and still see the charge. I call the hotel again, and the process of being transferred to accounting and receiving their voicemail repeats. The call the hotel get transferred process has now taken place five times with no call back and no resolution. At this point I've filed a dispute with my cc company and will let them deal with this. Very disappointing from a hotel that prides itself on service and treatment of one of its platinum guests.
After the first phone call and they hotel DID NOT get back to you, you should have called CCS and let them handle it. You should not have had to call more than once or deal with your CC company!
Old Dec 13, 2010, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Just finished a one night stay using my last FWN award. The place was packed, so I was only upgraded to a Deluxe room. As usual, this is probably the best hotel in Atlanta in regards to room quality and great staff. They have put in an ice skating rink for the winter, and put up a huge walk through gingerbread house. If anyone gets to Atlanta, I urge you to consider this property.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 7:47 pm

Programs: US Chairmans, AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum
I am in the hotel now, and it is just superb. Probably the best cat 5 property in the US, and more comparable to a Four Seasons than a SPG property. I will go out of my way to return, and frankly I wish I could stay here every week.
Old May 21, 2011, 8:16 pm

I just checked out of St. Regis Atlanta. As Platinum I was not upgraded to a suite, but got a "fake" upgrade to Grand Deluxe. I call upgrades to room of same size a fake upgrade, but it did have a balcony though.

It's a very beautiful hotel, but the most important thing in a hotel is always the service. The service was not up to the other St. Regis I've stayed. The butler missed me when I arrived in my room, I called the duty manager and was informed they sometimes miss guests on weekends when they are very busy. I then suggested they hired more butlers because butler service is one of St. Regis signatures. The staff was very nice though and well trained and the facilities were great as well. The only problem is the location which for a tourist like me is very bad.

Overall a great stay, but a lot of things that can be improved.

I've done a video of a Grand Deluxe if this can be of any interest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM40mRzk-tA

I have also stayed Four Seasons and Ritz-Carlton in Atlanta and yes St. Regis is the best hotel in the city, but mainly because it's brand new and FS is dated. Service is around the same.

Henrik
Old May 25, 2011, 10:24 pm

Programs: hyatt
only able to stay for reward night, too expensive
Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hilton Silver, Hertz Gold
Same here. I dont know what everyone are talking about - the hotel is not up to where ST. Regis should be at. I have stayed at the St. Regis NY, SF, CA, Mexico, and PR - service in all of these hotels were amazing. I did not get an upgrade to a suite not to a larger room, we celebrated our anniversary but no card/amenity from anyone at the hotel. The food was just OK, nothing amazing. the hotel seems to be suffering from cleaning issues (the tiles and carpets are dated) and I have not seen a butler during my entire stay.
I will Not be back at this property, and rather spend the money for a better service at the Four Seasons...
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tommy_boy25
Same here. I dont know what everyone are talking about - the hotel is not up to where ST. Regis should be at. I have stayed at the St. Regis NY, SF, CA, Mexico, and PR - service in all of these hotels were amazing. I did not get an upgrade to a suite not to a larger room, we celebrated our anniversary but no card/amenity from anyone at the hotel. The food was just OK, nothing amazing. the hotel seems to be suffering from cleaning issues (the tiles and carpets are dated) and I have not seen a butler during my entire stay.
I will Not be back at this property, and rather spend the money for a better service at the Four Seasons...
The carpet is dated? Who would have ever thought that from a two year old property. I think you took not getting a card for you anniversary a little hard.

Sorry but this property is rock solid.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 9:33 am

Thumbs up cash and points stay for platinum

We stayed here this weekend on cash and points. It wasn't available via the website but I emailed the GM and he let me.
Upgraded to Grand Deluxe prior to arrival. The room was beautiful - I had asked for a suite, but I was very happy with the Grand Deluxe. Really beautiful bathroom.
Received chocolates and a card from the GM in the room congratulating us on our anniversary.
We never saw a butler, but we didn't really want to either, so that was fine. We enjoyed our privacy.
We parked in the parking garage behind the hotel and had the house car drive us around. Really nice.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: A bunch
Originally Posted by MelloChatt
We stayed here this weekend on cash and points. It wasn't available via the website but I emailed the GM and he let me.
Upgraded to Grand Deluxe prior to arrival. The room was beautiful - I had asked for a suite, but I was very happy with the Grand Deluxe. Really beautiful bathroom.
Received chocolates and a card from the GM in the room congratulating us on our anniversary.
We never saw a butler, but we didn't really want to either, so that was fine. We enjoyed our privacy.
We parked in the parking garage behind the hotel and had the house car drive us around. Really nice.
hey can you pass along the email address for the GM or the email you used? I have some friends in ATL area and would like to stay here and run into the same problem of them blacking out cash and points on the weekends. Thanks
Old Dec 19, 2011, 2:27 pm

Programs: STARWOOD PLAT, LT GOLD,WN A-LIST PREFERRED, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE
Originally Posted by henrikfromdenmark
I just checked out of St. Regis Atlanta. As Platinum I was not upgraded to a suite, but got a "fake" upgrade to Grand Deluxe. I call upgrades to room of same size a fake upgrade, but it did have a balcony though.

It's a very beautiful hotel, but the most important thing in a hotel is always the service. The service was not up to the other St. Regis I've stayed. The butler missed me when I arrived in my room, I called the duty manager and was informed they sometimes miss guests on weekends when they are very busy. I then suggested they hired more butlers because butler service is one of St. Regis signatures. The staff was very nice though and well trained and the facilities were great as well. The only problem is the location which for a tourist like me is very bad.

Overall a great stay, but a lot of things that can be improved.

I've done a video of a Grand Deluxe if this can be of any interest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM40mRzk-tA

I have also stayed Four Seasons and Ritz-Carlton in Atlanta and yes St. Regis is the best hotel in the city, but mainly because it's brand new and FS is dated. Service is around the same.

Henrik
My wife is a hotel snob and she days this is the best Hotel she has ever stayed in. I am a Plat no upgarade but just in for a nice weekend getaway. Not a big deal to not have. Only really neeed upgarde when the kids are along.

best in ATL by far
Old Dec 19, 2011, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MelloChatt
It is really nice to arrive for dinner being driven in the Bentley.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Stoutman11
hey can you pass along the email address for the GM or the email you used? I have some friends in ATL area and would like to stay here and run into the same problem of them blacking out cash and points on the weekends. Thanks
I sent you a message with the email address.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:00 pm

Programs: Delta FO
Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
It is really nice to arrive for dinner being driven in the Bentley.
I've always wondered about that. Do you get a taxi on the way back?
Old Dec 22, 2011, 1:25 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
I am staying here the night of my wedding (in late May - six months out) and would like to arrange for the Bentley service to pick us up from our wedding venue in the Ansley Park area (near Rusan's and Smith's Olde Bar). This is about a 4-mile trip between the two venues.

A few questions I have are: 1) Do you think the St. Regis would work with me on expanding the trip radius for the Bentley service (2 miles vs. 4 miles), 2) How soon should I email the St. Regis about making these (and other) arrangements, 3) Should I email the GM (Simon), 4) Should I request anything special for our wedding night (we are having an evening wedding then flying to Hawaii the following morning), and 5) Should I request an upgrade or is the Grand Deluxe room that I booked "good enough" for a wedding night?
Old Jan 31, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; HH Diamond; Starwood Plat, Lifetime Gold; Hertz President's Circle
Which Suite?

St. Regis suite or Caroline Astor suite? The rate is the for both, and if it's not too cold over Valentine's Day would enjoy having a bottle of wine on the balcony. I've stayed here before in a Deluxe Room using a FWN, so I don't know which suite to select. Thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.