Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wjudge
St. Regis suite or Caroline Astor suite? The rate is the for both, and if it's not too cold over Valentine's Day would enjoy having a bottle of wine on the balcony. I've stayed here before in a Deluxe Room using a FWN, so I don't know which suite to select. Thoughts?
I've stayed in the Astor suites here, and I believe they are the only ones that have the balcony, so if that's the goal I'd go Astor.

Double checked here: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/stregi...ropertyID=1714 and the St. Regis Suites only have the Juliette (standing) balconies.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 3:18 am

Programs: AA, Delta, Bonvoy, Southwest
Stayed as SPG gold member. Service was exceptional. Was automatically upgraded to Grand Deluxe without needing to ask (whether this was a "true" upgrade or not I'll leave for another discussion). I cannot imagine how they would be able to improve upon the hotel or the service. I would go out of my way to return. A stay here should be on everyone's bucket list!
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Stayed here this weekend for the first time in a year. Couple of points, first the Bentley is no longer as it was replaced with a Mercedes 550 AMG. Nice car, but not a Bentley. Second, they have their ice skating rink up for Dec-Jan, and it is a nice addition. Third, as I was napping around noon, a staff member banged on my door asking me when I was checking out, I replied "4pm". She stated I must be out by 1:30 to which I told her no because I am a Platinum. Unable to go back to sleep, I checked out at 2pm, where the staff member that banged on my door apologized. That was good enough for me.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
... I checked out at 2pm, where the staff member that banged on my door apologized. That was good enough for me.
Accidents happen; mistakes occur. Nice to see a calm, reasonable approach to mistakes on the part of an FTer. Seems to be becoming increasingly rare here.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:51 am
Suspended

Looking at rates from $347...looking to Christmas Eve and Christmas Day here.

$347 looks like an exceptionally good price for a SR. Redemption rates at 12k/night. Was I wrong to expect $695+/30k in ATL?

Wondering if it's even worth redeeming points or if this is a definitely cash stay.

Anyways, the main reason I'm posted: anyone here have experience w/ the InterContinental Buckhead? $122/night, and the reviews (both on FT's IHG forum & TA.com) seem to rival SR's.

I know we're all SPG junkies here, myself included. Just looking for some good ol' fashioned 'what would you do?' advice...
Old Nov 25, 2013, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's also a Westin and W in Buckhead. They're more in the center than the St Regis and are located right at a MARTA station and within a few blocks of the Lenox mall.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:12 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I think 12,000 points is an incredible redemption for that caliber of property, and am booked there myself on points (of course, a paid room during our time was $450, so my decision was a little easier).

To put it in perspective, we also have a stay upcoming at the Sheraton at Fisherman's Wharf in SF where they ALSO wanted 12,000 points, and we chose to book that for $169 including parking.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:27 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by pricesquire
I know we're all SPG junkies here, myself included. Just looking for some good ol' fashioned 'what would you do?' advice...
If you are only a Gold then StRegis under Virtuoso would be interesting... $33.00 more and it will include cont-breakfast daily and a one time $100.00 F&B credit. The InterCon is an okay hotel, not what is was 5 years or so ago and the price reflects that. If it is just a place to crash between family events then i'd say take it and use the $ saved for more festive joy. InterCon is also part of the Virtuoso program to enhance value there
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ABG
If you are only a Gold then StRegis under Virtuoso would be interesting... $33.00 more and it will include cont-breakfast daily and a one time $100.00 F&B credit. The InterCon is an okay hotel, not what is was 5 years or so ago and the price reflects that. If it is just a place to crash between family events then i'd say take it and use the $ saved for more festive joy. InterCon is also part of the Virtuoso program to enhance value there
Interesting post (& thanks for the perspective).

I know what Virtuoso is, but I'm not aware of what it means to book "under Virtuoso" or to "use the Virtuoso program"--I thought Virtuoso was just a travel agency conglomerate? Can anyone fill me in?

I agree, 12k/night is a fantastic rate for a SR. But I only have 30k points right now, and I prefer to use them for international travel.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 11:55 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Book under/with/thru would all be the same thing.... I suppose my full industry lingo would have been "book under the Virtuoso rate code"
Old Nov 26, 2013, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ABG
Book under/with/thru would all be the same thing.... I suppose my full industry lingo would have been "book under the Virtuoso rate code"
And where/how would I find such code?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 12:34 pm
ABG

Originally Posted by pricesquire
And where/how would I find such code?
with a Virtuoso TA - lots of us here on FT, esp in the Luxury Hotel Forum
Old Dec 8, 2013, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by henrikfromdenmark
The butler missed me when I arrived in my room ....
Sorry, I know that this post is a couple of years old, but I'm planning a stay there in a few weeks and don't understand this comment. Do you mean that the butler wasn't there when you first got to your room to welcome you or introduce him/her self?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Room advice request guys

Going to Atlanta this summer for a friends wedding, looking at booking the weekend here. Im going to use suite awards to get either the Astor or St Regis Suite. But my dilemma lies in which one to get. After the rehearsal dinner the first night several of us are going to the bar at the hotel for some drinks and then id be hosting a little party at my room. Which of the two suites would be best for entertaining? 6-8 of us in total. I like the Astor suite as it has the nice balcony so we could spread out there, good view of the pool, etc. But then again the St Regis suite is about 400 sq foot more.....

Any advice would be great
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Room advice request guys

Going to Atlanta this summer for a friends wedding, looking at booking the weekend here. Im going to use suite awards to get either the Astor or St Regis Suite. But my dilemma lies in which one to get. After the rehearsal dinner the first night several of us are going to the bar at the hotel for some drinks and then id be hosting a little party at my room. Which of the two suites would be best for entertaining? 6-8 of us in total. I like the Astor suite as it has the nice balcony so we could spread out there, good view of the pool, etc. But then again the St Regis suite is about 400 sq foot more.....

Any advice would be great
The Astor is bigger once you count the balcony, plus everyone likes to hang outside. If not just host it poolside next to the outdoor fireplace.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.