Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2010, 8:40 am

Programs: All, but tend to stick with Starwood and Continental
I am at the property now.

It is wonderful to say the least.

I was upgraded to a St. Regis suite due to my VIP status. The room is very comfortable, clean, and luxurious.

I ate dinner at Paces88 last night and had breakfast there this morning. The food was outstanding.

I think this is my new favorite hotel when I come to Atlanta.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 2:04 pm

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
I can't wait to check in there in 11 days!
Old Aug 9, 2010, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Question

Originally Posted by SPGVIP19

I think this is my new favorite hotel when I come to Atlanta.
What was your previous favorite hotel in Atlanta?
Old Aug 15, 2010, 8:30 pm

This places is very nice. Def out of my normal budget but a great place for rewards travel. Photos and details to follow
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: All, but tend to stick with Starwood and Continental
Originally Posted by yashan
What was your previous favorite hotel in Atlanta?
Probably the Ritz.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 10:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flyinace2000
Photos and details to follow
Would be interested in your details.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 10:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flyinace2000
I can't wait to check in there in 11 days!
How was your stay?
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:23 pm

My wife and I just got back from staying at the St. Regis Atlanta for two nights on Sept 4th and 5th, 2010. We both thought the service was excellent and that the hotel itself was beautiful.

I did 4,800 points and $90 per night because I am saving for points for a bigger vacation and I used my SPG Am-Ex to pay but I do not have any sort of status with SPG at this time and I do not think that I received any sort of upgrade.

Our room basic "King Superior" room was tastefully decorated and luxurious, especially considering it was a "Low end" room. There was a huge bathtub, a TV behind the mirror in the bathroom so that you could watch while getting ready or enjoying the tub, touchscreen phones, digital light controls, and butler service on-call that were very willing to help. Also, the room seemed plenty big for the two of us and at no point did I feel closed in or confined (Which happens to me in small rooms)

I was initially going to do the valet service but it was something like $32 per night, so I decided to do the self-park directly behind the hotel for $15 per night instead. If you choose self-park make certain to park on the 4th floor of the garage and it will give you direct easy access to walk a hundred feet or so to the hotel.

We were staying for our 12th wedding anniversary and they were kind enough to bring up a lovely cake that said "Happy Anniversary" on it which just added some a bow on top to an already enjoyable experience.

On Saturday evening my wife and I were going to get a taxi to grab a drink and the doorman offered to have the hotel's car take us instead (I think this is only offered for trips close to the hotel) which was a small added bonus that we appreciated.

In general, there were numerous occasions in which the staff went out of their way to be courteous and helpful. I don't have time to list them all but every interaction with an employee of this hotel was pleasant.

One thing I did not like the fact that I had to pay for wireless access because I could not get my Sprint card to work but that really is the only complaint that I can think of.

On a side note, we walked next door to a restaurant called "Chops" and had a WONDERFUL $49 tasting menu dinner and a few drinks. This saved us on a taxi and I would highly recommend this restaurant.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 1:10 pm

Sorry i never posted details.

I went with a buddy of mine so we needed a room w/ 2 queen beds. I think this stopped me from getting an upgrade. Anyway, the hotel was amazing.

Room was fantastic
http://www.flickr.com/photos/willsisti/4892526892/
Bathroom had a sliding door that opened up to the bedroom, which was cool...i guess.

Check out this bad-... robe and slippers they give you
http://www.flickr.com/photos/willsisti/4893885893/

Every night at 6pm they open a bottle of champaign with a SABER.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/willsisti/4895764086/
I actually have a video that I will upload later.

Wake up calls do indeed come with coffee/tea. That was awesome
http://www.flickr.com/photos/willsisti/4896866229/

Staff was great. We wanted to go to Bones for a good steak, but my buddy didn't bring a nice shirt. So the concierge had the Bentley drive us to marshals, and pick us up 10 minutes later. He also took care of dinner reservations and where to go out for drinks.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 3:20 pm

Here is a video of the Champagne Sabering
http://vimeo.com/14777570 (might take a few minutes to finish processing)
Old Sep 7, 2010, 3:34 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
St. Regis Atlanta Sommelier, Harry Constantinescu, has accepted the extraordinary challenge to establish a Guinness Book World Record! Join the St. Regis Atlanta in partnership with Veuve Clicquot for this momentous event!

Harry's Challenge: Saber at least 22 bottles of champagne in less than 60 seconds.

Harry's Competition: Andre Saint Jacques sabered 21 bottles of champagne in one minute in October 2006 -- Whistler, Canada.

Harry's Celebration: Celebrate with Harry as he attempts to break the Guinness Book World Record on September 17, 2010.

5:30pm Reception in the Wine Room
• Complimentary passed canapes
• Featuring $15 glasses of Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label

6:00pm Saber Attempt in the Astor Ballroom Pre-function
• Opened bottles will be poured for guests to enjoy
• Celebration continues in the Wine Room with complimentary passed desserts
• Paces 88 will feature two for one entrees this evening

See Harry Practice with 10 Bottles of Veuve Clicquot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQu-lhnQ_2U
Old Sep 7, 2010, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Sounds awesome. Thanks for the reviews.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 1:02 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Trip Report

Just returned from a 3-night stay at the St. Regis Atlanta - 11/21 - 11/23 - here's my take:

Pre-arrival:
Was in ATL for a long weekend getaway trip with for my wife's birthday. I booked the hotel in 2 separate reservations, one with points (first night) and one C&P (2nd two nights). I tried various times via the Plat Concierge to get these merged into one reservation, which never happened. I was doing this primarily to avoid having to move between room during our stay, which is a big pet peeve of my wife's.

Plat Concierge put notes in the record, and went as far as to email the manager of the hotel (copying me) twice, though no reply was ever received. I did notice on my spg.com account the night before our arrival that we had been pre-booked into a Caroline Astor suite (one category up from a standard suite) but ONLY for the first reservation/night, so I was concerned.

Arrival:
The hotel is a 35-40 minute drive from the airport in a terrific location in Buckhead. As mentioned previously, valet is $32. I didn't look into other parking options.

We arrived at about 6:30 on a VERY busy Saturday night - there was a wedding and a large gala going on, but the staff seemed to have all things well in hand.

When I checked in, we had in fact been upgraded to the Astor suite. I asked about the second reservation, and if there was any way we could avoid moving (including not taking the upgrade) but the FD person couldn't seem to figure that out, and told me I'd need to check back in the morning. I didn't press the issue any further.

The Room:
The Caroline Astor suite is a fantastic room. In this particular hotel, they are the only rooms with balconies, which are huge and overlook the pool area. The website does a pretty good job with pictures and floorplans.

Interestingly, the sitting room is by far the largest part of the suite. Both the bedroom and bathroom are relatively small, though comfortable. There are flat-screen HDTV's (with HD channels/movies) in the sitting room and bedroom, and a small non-HD flatscreen behind the mirror in the bathroom.

The bathroom is dominated by a huge, deep soaking tub (which I believe is the same style we had a St.R Princeville, may be a chainwide standard). You can see the above-mentioned TV from the tub.

There is Butler service in the suite, which we used primarily for coffee in the mornings which we took on the balcony. Very nice.

We did have issues each of the nights getting the room cold enough for our taste, even though we set the temperature down and the fan up from the time we entered the room. Ultimately we ended up opening the balcony door, which helped the temperature but not the sound level.

I checked with the desk the next morning, and they were charming and accommodating in making sure we kept the suite for the rest of our stay. I do know the hotel wasn't very crowded which certainly helped.

Hotel Facilities:
We didn't use the facilities much, but they looked great. The pool was heated and we saw several folks swimming in it (mostly kids) while their parents sat in sweaters on the lounge chairs. The gym and spa also were very modern and well-equipped.

We didn't eat in the restaurant, but had drinks in the bar, which was great, and watched the champagne sabering outside the Wine Room, which happens every night at 6. It was fun to see, and drew a good crowd. I'm sure the complimentary glass of champagne for everyone helped.

I had wanted very much to use the house car (black Bentley) which will take you anywhere within two miles, but it is strictly first-come, first-served (no reservations) and it was never around when we wanted to go somewhere.

Service:
The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. Help with bags, directions, restaurant and shopping recommendations and a smile were always at hand.

Overall:
This is a great property and certainly rates with the best St. Regis properties we've been to. The physical facility is top-notch and the staff is great. It made for a great weekend getaway, especially with the great shopping and restaurants within easy reach.

If you were luckier than us (or more patient) you could probably do without a car for a short visit and use the house car, though it would be a pricey cab ride to the airport.

Oh - and we had one minor celeb sighting - Peter Buck (the guitarist for R.E.M.) was checking out on our second day.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
They will also be setting up an ice rink near the pool for the holidays. They mentioned that the other day when I checked out.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:05 am

Programs: Delta PM, USA GP, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Stayed with the family a couple of weeks back, booking two rooms using award nights for a single night stay. Here are my thoughts on the stay:

Valet / bellmen were fantastic. Quick to help, friendly, and very responsive. Joked around with my boys and helped load quite a bit of luggage into a small rental car trunk.

Room. No upgrades on either room (Platinum). I thoughts the rooms were ok, not fantastic. In comparison to other like domestic properties I was not disappointed nor overwhelmed by the room quality.

Amenity - we were sent up a bottle of cheap wine and a couple of chocolates. The kids were excited by the chocolates, the wife and I were not with the wine .

Concierge - was very helpful. Helped with dinner reservations and found a place suitable to bring the whole family.

Front desk - average at best. Check out process took forever and I was charged for pressing that was included in the room. Took a bit of time to get taken care of but the folio given to me had all accurate charges ($32 for valet) and I left satisfied.

The bad. Reviewing my credit card statement a week later a noticed a significant charge from the St. Regis. Knowing we only had a $32 bill I called the hotel and was transferred to the accounting department. The call went to voicemail and I left a detailed message and figured that would be the end of it as they would address it appropriately. No call or email back from the hotel after a few days I check my cc statement and still see the charge. I call the hotel again, and the process of being transferred to accounting and receiving their voicemail repeats. The call the hotel get transferred process has now taken place five times with no call back and no resolution. At this point I've filed a dispute with my cc company and will let them deal with this. Very disappointing from a hotel that prides itself on service and treatment of one of its platinum guests.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.