Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Atlanta Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2005, 3:49 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
If you have any issues, you might want to contact:

Scott Ward
Director of Rooms
Westin Atlanta Airport
Direct Phone: 404-559-7319
Direct Fax : 404-559-3996
[email protected]

That being said, I used my points to have my parents stay at the ATL airport Westin twice in June, and the upgrades were very satisfactory as always.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 4:03 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I feel vindicated

I've posted on other threads about this hotel, regarding continually awful experiences I've had here: one elevator working, check-in agents not following reservations policies, lack of understanding of Platinum Amenity, double billing, billing for charges never incurred, dirty rooms. I did get one nice suite here one night, but in about 10 total stays, I've had some type of problem at least 50% of the time.

After reading recent comments, I feel vindicated, because all I seemed to read were positive comments from others.

FWIW, it looks like a Luxury Collection property compared to the Sheraton in the airport area.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 3:59 pm

Programs: spg gold,Marriott,prority club gold,amex platinum
Westin Atlanta Airport Hotel--Any suggestions?

I have to be at the Westin Atlanta Airport Hotel Jan. 21-24.
1) I normally stay clear of airport hotels...is there anything within walking distance when I have a momenrt to clear my head for a few moments of "downtime"?
2) Does anyone have any coupon codes?
3) any other comments on this hotel?

Thanks, gang! ^
Old Sep 26, 2006, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt GP Plat
Originally Posted by got2go
1) I normally stay clear of airport hotels...is there anything within walking distance when I have a momenrt to clear my head for a few moments of "downtime"?

Thanks, gang! ^

hi,

there is absolutely nothing around the airport except for some trees and large highways. the service at the place has always been good though- and i have always been upgraded to a jr. suite. nothing spectacular but i have no complaints as the shuttle offers a great ride to the airport for those very early flights out of ATL- marta access via the airport too.

Last edited by elihu1991; Sep 27, 2006 at 9:47 am
Old Sep 26, 2006, 11:08 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
I've always gotten good treatment at this Westin. I've usually stayed there when I need a Park N Fly rate to stay one night and leave my car there while I'm away. They're not always advertised on the website's Hotel Offers page. When they're not, call and ask about them.

I've also stayed there while on a govt rate. When I did, they gave me a few coupons at check-in that were specifically for govt-rate stays. I think that the coupons were something like an appetizer or drink at the bar, breakfast, and something else.

Recently, I've seen that they offer special rates for Georgia residents. (OT: I'm curious whether the "GA license required" limitation excludes this from the SPG BRG by not being available to the general public.)

Being a Cat 2 property, I find this to be a pretty decent place to stay. I prefer it over the nearby Sheraton Gateway, though I almost always choose between the two based on price when I'm staying near the airport due to an unexpected overnight stay.

In the event that you want to get downtown without a car or taxi, you could take the shuttle to the airport's MARTA subway station. (There might even be a closer MARTA station where they could drop you.)
Old Sep 27, 2006, 9:05 am

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by sc flier
Being a Cat 2 property, I find this to be a pretty decent place to stay. I prefer it over the nearby Sheraton Gateway, though I almost always choose between the two based on price when I'm staying near the airport due to an unexpected overnight stay.
It is a good value hotel for a points stay. In February I did a layover there on points and as a Gold received an upgrade to the Club Floor without even asking.

The room was ok, but nothing too special.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 10:24 am

Programs: UA GS, 3MM, Titanium Elite for life
It is a crap hotel that I always use the night before a return flight. Last stay (which was last week) was classic ... room smelled like someone puked on the floor ... which turns out to be exactly what happened. That guest was moved to a new room and I got theirs ... no other rooms available. The danger of a late check in.

It is easy to the airport for an early flight though ...

-p

Originally Posted by got2go

Thanks, gang! ^
Old Sep 27, 2006, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
This place is a total dump....worst service I have ever had at a Westin. Dingy old rooms..the puke story above sounds about right!

Have had much better experience at the Sheraton but it is no gem either.

Best hotel at ATL airport, however, is the Hilton. Usually more expensive but can usually be had on Priceline or Hotwire for cheap!
Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:48 am

Programs: DL DM - AA 1.6MM UA 1.2MM - Recovering UA UGS and AA CK - Hilton LTD, Marriott LTP, SPG LTP
I’ve stayed there three times this year and have received decent service as a Plat. I usually stay there before an early morning departure, so I’ve never been able to do the Club floor breakfast… Not the newest rooms, but better for SPG points then the Sheraton.

Like stated before, there is NOTHING around this hotel. My suggestion would be to take the airport shuttle to the MARTA station between the ATL North and South Terminal. From there you go downtown easily.

Hope this helps ad enjoy ATL.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 7:09 pm

Westin Atlanta Airport, Not a complaint, but an observation

By virtue of having AMEX Platinum, I have a gold membership to SPG. My husband & I checked in to the Westin at the Atlanta Airport on Dec 23 at about 11 pm (having made a reservation online earlier that evening).

She was pleasant enough when I told her I didn't have my SPG card. She said, "Oh, we have it all in here."

Then I said, "I hope you have an upgrade." and she said, "I'll check"

That was the end of the communication. She completed the check-in, handed me the room key-cards and that was it.

She didn't complete the discussion of whether the room she was giving me was an upgraded room or not.
She didn't tell me that she'd put me on the club floor (which she had).
She didn't point me in the direction of the elevators.

I thought she stopped just short of being a true ambassador for Westin. I would have felt far more welcomed (with or without an upgrade) if she'd said "I'm sorry, but we don't have an upgrade this evening." or "I've upgraded you to the club level" and then said, "The elevators are on your left. You'll need to use this key in the elevator to get to the club floor."

Oh, I also noticed that there was a huge wet spot beside the bed... and also the coffee beside the coffee maker was all decaf.

Otherwise the hotel was very nice.

Incidentally, I recently stayed at the Westin in Detroit (a week prior) and it was a far more welcoming check-in. Actually it's a better property, I think.

Rita
Old Jan 7, 2007, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by rkt10
By virtue of having AMEX Platinum, I have a gold membership to SPG. My husband & I checked in to the Westin at the Atlanta Airport on Dec 23 at about 11 pm (having made a reservation online earlier that evening).

She was pleasant enough when I told her I didn't have my SPG card. She said, "Oh, we have it all in here."

Then I said, "I hope you have an upgrade." and she said, "I'll check"

That was the end of the communication. She completed the check-in, handed me the room key-cards and that was it.

She didn't complete the discussion of whether the room she was giving me was an upgraded room or not.
She didn't tell me that she'd put me on the club floor (which she had).
She didn't point me in the direction of the elevators.

I thought she stopped just short of being a true ambassador for Westin. I would have felt far more welcomed (with or without an upgrade) if she'd said "I'm sorry, but we don't have an upgrade this evening." or "I've upgraded you to the club level" and then said, "The elevators are on your left. You'll need to use this key in the elevator to get to the club floor."

Oh, I also noticed that there was a huge wet spot beside the bed... and also the coffee beside the coffee maker was all decaf.

Otherwise the hotel was very nice.

Incidentally, I recently stayed at the Westin in Detroit (a week prior) and it was a far more welcoming check-in. Actually it's a better property, I think.

Rita
My experiences at the Westin ATL have been about the same as yours. Club floor has nice renovated rooms but experiences with staff have been less than average.

Westin DTW? That's a really nice property.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 7:29 am

Hello all,
I am an SPG Gold, working my way toward Platinum. I recently stayed at the Westin Atlanta Airport and had a number of problems during my stay. What I was wondering is, is it worth informing/complaining to SPG about this or not? I dont want to be seen as a problem member or someone who is on the hunt for extras but at the same time, as much as I love Westin and Starwood properties in general, there were a number of things that were just subpar. So, is it worth saying something or will I be viewed negatively by Starwood if I do?

Thanks!
Old Aug 6, 2007, 8:38 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by ethang801
Hello all,
I am an SPG Gold, working my way toward Platinum. I recently stayed at the Westin Atlanta Airport and had a number of problems during my stay. What I was wondering is, is it worth informing/complaining to SPG about this or not? I dont want to be seen as a problem member or someone who is on the hunt for extras but at the same time, as much as I love Westin and Starwood properties in general, there were a number of things that were just subpar. So, is it worth saying something or will I be viewed negatively by Starwood if I do?

Thanks!
If you had a poor guest experience at any Starwood-affiliated property, you should report it to Hotel Customer Service by telephone at 800-328-6242 or by email at [email protected].

The only time this might be viewed in a negative light by the company is if you tried to make a living off illegitimate complaints of this sort. Otherwise, we urge you to make legitimate concerns known as frequently as they occur.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Aug 6, 2007, 11:21 am

worth it meaning that Starwood might try to look into the problems and if possible correct them. i dont expect or need the SPG points, i just feel that something should be said about the way things were at the property.

i attempted to address the issues with a manager but since i checked in on a friday and left saturday morning, i found it difficult. i went to the front desk and asked to speak to a manager friday night and was told that since it was busy, it could be awhile and if i left my room number he would call. after not hearing from him, i attempted to speak to someone saturday morning but was told again that i should await a phone call but i needed to get to the airport and make a flight.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 11:35 am
BFG

Programs: SPG Platinum
It's definately worth giving the hotel feedback so you should express your concerns......not complain!

I've probably stayed at this property more than any other Starwood property and have never had a problem. I hope your situation is unique.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.