FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Atlanta Airport [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2006, 11:08 pm
sc flier

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
I've always gotten good treatment at this Westin. I've usually stayed there when I need a Park N Fly rate to stay one night and leave my car there while I'm away. They're not always advertised on the website's Hotel Offers page. When they're not, call and ask about them.

I've also stayed there while on a govt rate. When I did, they gave me a few coupons at check-in that were specifically for govt-rate stays. I think that the coupons were something like an appetizer or drink at the bar, breakfast, and something else.

Recently, I've seen that they offer special rates for Georgia residents. (OT: I'm curious whether the "GA license required" limitation excludes this from the SPG BRG by not being available to the general public.)

Being a Cat 2 property, I find this to be a pretty decent place to stay. I prefer it over the nearby Sheraton Gateway, though I almost always choose between the two based on price when I'm staying near the airport due to an unexpected overnight stay.

In the event that you want to get downtown without a car or taxi, you could take the shuttle to the airport's MARTA subway station. (There might even be a closer MARTA station where they could drop you.)