Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Compiled list of future W, aloft and element Starwood properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Compiled list of future W, aloft and element Starwood properties

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2006, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Originally Posted by DorianGray
You can add the W hotel in Valencia, Spain....opens August 1.
Sorry, looks like it's a Westin, not a W in Valencia.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is an Aloft coming to southern P.G. county MD! Oxon Hill MD.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 3:07 pm

Programs: *Wood Plat, AGR Select Plus
I've heard a rumor of a W Philadelphia by the convention center as well. Would be a good thing, as the only decent property in that city is the Westin... the new Sheraton (old Wyndham) will need a lot of work (I haven't been there yet), and the Society Hill and University City properties are lacking...
Old Jun 26, 2006, 3:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
W Hoboken

The sign outside the W Hoboken construction site now says 2008.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA - LFT GLD 1MM, UA - 2P, SPG - LFT Plat, Hyatt - Plat, HH - Gold, Avis - CHM
Originally Posted by jeffo
I'm pretty sure the W Austin is a done deal, didn't see it on this list yet.
i thought the w austin was nixed due to dot com crash
but, i seem to remember someone mentioning there is an aloft coming to austin, in the aloft master thread
Old Jun 26, 2006, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
La

They have officially announced Hollywood & Vine, AD's have started in publications such as Variety and they have sponsored events for KCRW Radio.... Sunset Blvd. was the plan before the Hollywood & Vine project was enlarged into the current location.

I heard rumors of a W in West Hollywood at Sunset Plaza, but it's exactly 1/2 way between Hollywood and the Westwood W's so I'd think that it's unlikely. But you never know as NYC has so many W's.

Originally Posted by christianj
According to this (http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...5/ai_108052067) they are actually 2 different projects. Will leave them both on the list until we know if only one or both will be built. Looks like the W LA Sunset has higher chances of being built than the W Hollywood.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 9:17 am

Programs: AA, CO, DL, WN, SPG Gold
W Dallas does not have 251 rooms. It has "...252 sleek-yet-comfortable rooms..."
Old Jul 12, 2006, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
W Philly removed from the "rumor" column with todays official announcement.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 1:59 pm

More Austin Data

Originally Posted by wuhoo
i thought the w austin was nixed due to dot com crash
but, i seem to remember someone mentioning there is an aloft coming to austin, in the aloft master thread
Nothing conclusive, but here are two (2006) Austin Business Journal articles on the issue:

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/st...30/story1.html - Talks about "interest" and it being a W or possibly an aLoft property, but seeing as how that specific block is probably in one of the highest priced retail/residential mixed area in Austin, I'd be hard pressed to see how an aLoft would work there, but what do I know?

http://austin.bizjournals.com/austin...3/daily37.html - this one talks about the "impending entrance" of W Hotels.

I had also read somewhere else where Austin City Limits was considering moving off of the UT campus to the Block 21 "complex" in addition to the W, which obviously fits into the W "vibe". Obviously, since I can't dig up a link, I'd consider this "rumor-status" at best.

Anyway, even though I haven't added much certainty, there's a couple of articles to mull over.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 8:57 am

Location: Austin TX, AA Platinum for life (who will live longer, me or AAdvantage?)
Austin W

I have an email from the Director of Economic Development for the City of Austin, and Block 21 has been purchased and slated to be the W Austin.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by jeffo
I have an email from the Director of Economic Development for the City of Austin, and Block 21 has been purchased and slated to be the W Austin.
Hallelujah! Finally somewhere to stay during UT games where I can get *Points, and likely cheaper than the Four Seasons to boot!
Old Jul 14, 2006, 3:07 pm

Designs are under way for Austin's Block 21 project, in the heart of Austin's vibrant new 2nd Street District. The development includes plans for a 29-story destination W hotel and condominium tower ... The Austin City Council approved the overall plan for the project, which is being developed by Austin-based Stratus Properties. Andersson-Wise Architects of Austin in association with BOKA Powell of Dallas, are proceeding with final design, and construction is slated to begin in early 2007 with completion in 2009.
More ammo in the "it's not just a rumor" column...
http://texas.construction.com/news/b...chive/0607.asp
Old Jul 16, 2006, 2:30 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
Recent rumors place W at two locations in downtown Minneapolis: Washington Avenue and in the Foshay Tower.

http://www.finance-commerce.com/item.cfm?recID=124810
Old Jul 18, 2006, 9:12 am

Programs: AA - LFT GLD 1MM, UA - 2P, SPG - LFT Plat, Hyatt - Plat, HH - Gold, Avis - CHM
Originally Posted by ExtraInRedShirt
More ammo in the "it's not just a rumor" column...
http://texas.construction.com/news/b...chive/0607.asp
that design concept resembles the w victory in dallas. 2009 for completion though? it shouldnt take two years to finish a hotel!
Old Jul 18, 2006, 10:25 am

Programs: DL/PM, *Wood Platinum
Originally Posted by wuhoo
that design concept resembles the w victory in dallas. 2009 for completion though? it shouldnt take two years to finish a hotel!
I was thinking that it looks much more like the W Atlanta condo/hotel project than it does the Dallas project... In either case, pretty derivative and not very eye-catching IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.