Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Sheraton East Hartford - Leaving Starwood 31 MAR 2011 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton East Hartford - Leaving Starwood 31 MAR 2011 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:41 pm

All different owners.

Stamford Plaza will convert to Crowne Plaza soon. I could see Hartford go that way too, or Doubletree. Danbury doesn't need a flag, its all local GE business.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 6:59 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HOTguy
Stamford Plaza will convert to Crowne Plaza soon. I could see Hartford go that way too, or Doubletree.
I doubt they will become a CP as there is another one about a 1/2 mile away.

I would guess that they are going to try the independent route first to see if that can work for them. If not, then they may look at joining another big chain. BTW, I suspect that they dropped from Sheraton because they couldn't/wouldn't pay the cost to maintain it at the Sheraton brand standards. The rooms need updating (they have old CRT TVs, etc.). The hotel is closing the lounge for 2 weeks at least. I would guess they are debating whether to keep it closed or not. Most of the people in the lounge were SPG Gold/Plats not persons paying extra to be on the 8th floor.

Basically, if they join another hotel chain, they will again probably be required to maintain that brand's standards. So if they do that, it would probably be a brand that has fairly low standards.
Old May 7, 2011, 10:18 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Bummer. A go-to for me too. Yes... Not the best hotel but it has easy access to highway and the rooms were basic but fine. Had a decent club lounge. It also had the smallest elevators known to man.

Looks like it's 4-points Meridenn for me. Windsor Locks Sheraton is nice but don't dig paying for parking and location not centralized.
Old May 8, 2011, 9:26 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
I hate this hotel, but my stays there HAD been getting better. I was back to Hartford this past week. I stayed at the Hampton Inn/Suites this week. Nice property. Ironically, I was in the lobby and a guy walked in not knowing the Sheraton had changed, thus he would not be getting credit for his stay so he jumped over to the HI/S.

The hotel is trying the independent route for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.