Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Sheraton East Hartford - Leaving Starwood 31 MAR 2011 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton East Hartford - Leaving Starwood 31 MAR 2011 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2011, 7:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by fastflyer
Downtown is _relatively_ safe, but the neighborhoods to its north and south are rough. Bronx rough, but maybe not Detroit rough.
Wasn't the Bronx... like dangerous in the 80's, as was Manhattan?! To me the Bronx is cool, lively and urban. But you live in NY and CT, so you probably know those 2 places better than me. Thank you for the clarification about Hartford though.

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; Mar 10, 2011 at 6:43 pm
Old Feb 28, 2011, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Obviously a terrible property that I have to imagine wasn't living up to the brand image that Starwood desires. That being said, it was the only option for the Hartford area unless one wants to drive up to BDL every day. Hopefully SPG can find a reasonable property in the area to get into the program.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:47 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by PresRDC
Bummer. This place was my go to location for stays needed to top up my PLT status. I've probably had 15-20 stays there over the past 5 years, but have never seen a room.
25 minutes to Meriden 4 Points. Decent breakfast, good BBQ place down the road
Old Mar 1, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
If someone wasn't a fan of the Sheraton Hartford, I would have trouble sending them at the 4Points Meriden...
I like Connecticut for several reasons, but Starwood is poorly represented in this lovely New England state, hopefully the new Sheraton in Stamford (July 2011) will raise the Sheraton brand to a new level in CT.

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; Mar 10, 2011 at 6:44 pm
Old Mar 10, 2011, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
The Sheraton Hartford Hotel will be leaving the Starwood system on March 31, 2011. Reservations for dates on or after March 31, 2011, will not be eligible for Starwood Preferred Guest membership benefits, award redemption or accrual.[/I]
Not necessarily the best news... Because Sheraton Bradley doesn't participate in the Q1 promotion, East Hartford was the go-to location for points

For me the best news would've been if they are rebranded as a Four-Points. (Maintains sheraton standard, and keeps it in the family.)

Like someone said, I hope Starwood finds another Hartford property soon!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 4:06 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 3dot14
Like someone said, I hope Starwood finds another Hartford property soon!
Definitely agree. I travel to Hartford about every 6 weeks and without a Starwood hotel downtown, I'll be seriously challenged in trying to renew my Plat status.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 4:12 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Do we know yet what this miserable property is going to reflag as? (Or, are they finally going to just bulldoze the whole enchilada and call it quits?)
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by sbtinme
Do we know yet what this miserable property is going to reflag as?
Not that I know of, but I will be there the week after next in fact, I should be there on March 31st. I would have stayed through the April 1st, but will be moving to the Hyatt Place close to the airport for the last night now since I won't get points for that night.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 8:06 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by hhoope01
Not that I know of, but I will be there the week after next in fact, I should be there on March 31st. I would have stayed through the April 1st, but will be moving to the Hyatt Place close to the airport for the last night now since I won't get points for that night.
Well, let us know what you find out. It would be divine justice if this place goes back to being the Ramada Inn it was 15 years ago!
Old Mar 23, 2011, 6:27 pm

New name - Hartford Plaza Hotel

As of April 1, I just called and asked.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by NBSPGMEMBER
Wasn't the Bronx... like dangerous in the 80's, as was Manhattan?! To me the Bronx is cool, lively and urban. But you live in NY and CT, so you probably know those 2 places better than me. Thank you for the clarification about Hartford though.
Yes the Bronx was dangerous in the '80s -- the opening sequence of Tom Wolfe's Bonfire of the Vanities. I believe it's still rough today, in many parts. But nowhere near as rough as, say, Detroit. Hartford's north and south ends I'd put in that Bronx category. The west end is the nice part.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by James Luckard
As of April 1, I just called and asked.
Yeah....good luck with that.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 6:39 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Funny, I always say I hate this property. Stayed once in a heat wave and the club floor was at least 85'. My room never went below 80'. Stayed a second time on a road trip with the wife.

Next time the head board ferring strip broke and fell on me. This last stay was finally, good. No complaints, good lounge, decent food. It was in a snowstorm in February and they had someone clean your car for you even.

I asked if they were ever going to get new TVs. They were unsure and now I know why
Old Mar 30, 2011, 5:06 pm

I'm at the hotel now.

As James Luckard mentioned, the hotel will now be named The Hartford Plaza hotel. I don't know all the changes they have in place, but it looks like they will be closing the lounge and everyone I have talked with is under the impression that the hotel won't be affiliated with a larger chain. But I'm not sure the hotel management would tell the workers if they were planning some affiliation.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 8:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hhoope01
I'm at the hotel now.

As James Luckard mentioned, the hotel will now be named The Hartford Plaza hotel. I don't know all the changes they have in place, but it looks like they will be closing the lounge and everyone I have talked with is under the impression that the hotel won't be affiliated with a larger chain. But I'm not sure the hotel management would tell the workers if they were planning some affiliation.
Funny as the Danbury and Stamford Sheratons also are now called ____ Plaza Hotel I wonder if all 3 had the same owners, and as each contract expired they simply didnt renew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.