Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel, at Tokyo Disney, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: littlevoices
The hotel is part of the Disney Tokyo resort and you can use the monorail to get to either park.
There is a new park wing that has a higher class of rooms, though the same facilities that includes an excellent children's play area that is free for elite members
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel, at Tokyo Disney, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:55 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Just returned from a trip there too. Must say that the nibbles in the lounge have improved significantly from when I last visited about 2 years ago. Sufficient to make a meal though they still try very hard to make them look appetiser-like - eg rather than a cooked beef dish they presented a beef salad.

As usual - breakfast is comped for SPG Lifetime guests (Gold or Plat) - either the club lounge or the main restaurant (Grand Cafe). The new addition is a small restaurant below the Park Wing called Galleria which serves cooked meals at ~ 1800-2500 JPY. Eg a large steak-don bowl was 2500 JPY IIRC. They have a morning buffet breakfast but looking at the space available it's probably not much better than the club lounge. I didn't go in.

FYI, here are the PAID breakfast prices and options, in JPY, for adults, children 9-12 and children 4-8: 3400 / 2600 / 2100. They've standardised the prices at all outlets which is a good move IMO. The outlets are:
. Grand Cafe - the biggest, most crowded, buffet style
. Galeria - newest, small, ? semi-buffet style
. Maihama Teppanyaki - buffet - never tried
. Toastina - buffet, equivalent to club lounge
. Asuka - japanese breakfast bento (3210 / 2380)

Lastly, take note that the Grand Cafe will be renovated early next year, apparently to expand it.
Thank you for this info (i'm LT G).
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:57 am

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
I'm also LT G and was planning on bringing my family here next year. Still getting free buffet breakfast is great news. Thanks travelswithmyself!

I loved the ridiculous choice of the buffet breakfast when I stayed here in May.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 4:29 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
These and their equivalents on the Club Floors and Ocean Dream rooms are the 2+2 bedder rooms. Did you see any Suites on the floor map of the Park Wing? I was given to understand that there are none...
I believe this is correct. There are no suites in the Park Wing according to the map, on my floor at least (9th). I had the best room of the Park Wing: at the very end, in the corner.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 6:05 am

Here's the info sheet for Lifetime members
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Would it be better to make a reservation under myself (SPG Plat) and pay with a normal credit card, or under spouse (SPG Preferred) but w/ Amex SPG business card with Club access?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by msp3
Would it be better to make a reservation under myself (SPG Plat) and pay with a normal credit card, or under spouse (SPG Preferred) but w/ Amex SPG business card with Club access?
Why not make the reservation under your name and pay with the Amex SPG business card?
msp3 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by escape4
The location is good and walking distance to the entrance of Disney. Alternatively you can take the monorail in front of the hotel if you don't want to walk. If you stay here, it must be to visit Disney. In my opinion it's just too far from the city with too many subway transfers required to use this hotel as a base if you need to go to the city more than once.
ABSOLUTELY. Do not stay here if you're planning on going into the city... Easily 30-45 minutes depending on if you can quickly catch the shuttle to the MTR station. The hotel is nice enough, but not something I plan on repeating if needing to go into downtown Tokyo.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's a reason that the rates are quite cheap during the regular school/work week.

Last edited by hailstorm; Jan 18, 2018 at 3:17 pm
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
There's a reason that the rates are quite cheap during the regular school/work week.
When I first looked up the property, rates for next few (week)days were only about $100 USD! I was shocked at how low it was compared to $350 or so during Golden Week...
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msp3
When I first looked up the property, rates for next few (week)days were only about $100 USD! I was shocked at how low it was compared to $350 or so during Golden Week...
The period after new years is one of the slowest times of the year, as most Japanese kids start final preparations for various exams.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 4:49 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Shortly before Christmas was also quite cheap
Old May 4, 2018, 3:17 am

Enjoyed the property, it was nicely maintained. Booked the base rate, upon check-in at the SPG counter was given handout about Club Lounge, was assigned to Club floor in a normal room. But honestly I'm deeply jelly of that very nice and new looking Dog wing that you need a dog (?) to stay in. Food was quite nice in the Club Lounge, it has views of Disney or Tokyo Bay on either side.

Outdoor pool was not lined with chairs though, looked closed and it was slightly chilly outside. The Japanese bath was surprisingly small, as is the case with the indoor pool. Well maintained, just thought they would be much bigger given the view from above makes the pool/bath building look huge.

Plat arrival gift was 500 points, a box of some sort of peanut snack, or something else I forgot. Got the snack but it says neither Chiba nor Yachimata (famously locally for peanuts) as you might think would be the case given the location... Overall, would stay again, but might want to bring a dog.
Old May 4, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: SPG/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus
Park wing is not dog-only. You can request for an upgrade there.
msp3 and zzap like this.
Old May 5, 2018, 1:21 am

Stayed here a few nights ago during Golden Week — the place was a zoo, even by global standards, despite Japanese proclivities toward everything being well ordered. When we checked-in we got a heads up from the agent that there’s an hour plus queue for entry to the Club Lounge. After collecting my jaw from the floor, I immediately went up there to verify for myself — quite a long and orderly queue but probably not an hour. The snacks and drinks available were great, and one could certainly make a meal out of it as per other FlyerTalkers’ comments.

Specifically asked re restaurant(s) breakfast at check-in (SPG Plat) and the agent confirmed that I was only entitled to breakfast in the lounge. Unfortunately, the queue at the lounge for breakfast was sO long that I went to downstairs to the Grand Cafe... where the line was also uncomfortably long. This was quite odd as there appeared to be a non-trivial number of free tables — seems like the cafe was possibly understaffed and was struggling to allocate people to tables efficiently enough, but not entirely sure.

Did not not receive a welcome note or snack in my room, probably due to the busyness of the property. Was upgraded to an Ocean View room that had 5 beds (two queens and three singles) despite just the two of us staying, but the room was quite large so no complaints.

Overall I don’t think my experience was representative of what the property is usually like, and I’ll probably need to come back at an off-peak time to compare. I’d stay away from this property during public holidays or any other busy time.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Does anyone have an email address, since Marriott has removed all contact info for hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.