Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Earn A 25% StarpointsŪ Bonus On All Purchases From April 15 - June 15, 2007

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn A 25% StarpointsŪ Bonus On All Purchases From April 15 - June 15, 2007

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2007, 8:42 pm

Location: SWUSA / AA PLAT, SPG PLAT, AMEX CENTURION, HHONORS Diamond
inadvertant double entry - disregard
Old May 1, 2007, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz 5*
is this even real

So there are about 30 replies of people that aren't eligible. I'm not either, but besides the OP has anyone else been eligible for this offer.
Old May 1, 2007, 9:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Titanium, AA Executive Platinum
No love...

Like most of you, no love here. I am not targetted. As usual the Amex rep says "Let me see what promos you do have" and comes back with "You can refer a friend for x points."

The good old days of double points for certain spending and such are long over.
Old May 1, 2007, 10:11 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Here is my answer to the Starwood promotions. I use my Hilton Amex card for everything and get 5 vs. 3 points for many purchases. When a promotion is available, which is not often, I use the Starwood card. This way I continue to be Hilton Gold which is far more valuable to me than a few more points from Starwood.
Old May 1, 2007, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz 5*
I'm confused

Originally Posted by ned
I use my Hilton Amex card for everything and get 5 vs. 3 points for many purchases.
You get 3 points/$ on your *wood card?

Originally Posted by ned
This way I continue to be Hilton Gold which is far more valuable to me than a few more points from Starwood.
Points on your Hilton card earn status?

Last edited by wlciii; May 1, 2007 at 10:27 pm
Old May 2, 2007, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by ILUVCITIBANK
gleff, may I ask your understanding of whether a targeted AMEX promotion like this is 100% the design of AMEX, or maybe half/half AMEX and spg, or spg's design entirely ?
They certainly have discussions with SPG, I mean it isn't done without consultation, but the idea that this'll be (1) targeted and (2) targeted to whom is 100% Amex's doing.
Old May 2, 2007, 7:09 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by wlciii
Points on your Hilton card earn status?
$20,000 calendar year spend on HHonors Amex = Hilton Gold, just as $30,000 calendar year spend on SPG Amex = Starwood Gold.
Old May 16, 2007, 11:49 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I'm a lowly gold and i was offered 40% on my May 15-June 15th purchases.
Old May 16, 2007, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by lalala
I'm a lowly gold and i was offered 40% on my May 15-June 15th purchases.

40%!!! WOW. All I got was an for 20% for my April purchases.
Old May 16, 2007, 12:59 pm
DEK

I received the offer and have signed up. I have had the card less than a year and don't have any status.
Old May 16, 2007, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA Gold/1MM
I got the promo too via snail mail.
My card was going to finish the 1 year next month. What was funny was I called to cancel the card on Sunday and they offered to give me $20 credit to keep the card to kind of offset the $30 annual fee.
I agreed and on Monday got the mail with the 25% extra points b/w May 15- July 15.
Old May 22, 2007, 1:12 pm

No love here. I'm actually kinda pissed about it since I spend alot on the SPG card.
Old May 22, 2007, 1:35 pm

Programs: Marriott - Titanium, AA - Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Pointeater
No love here. I'm actually kinda pissed about it since I spend alot on the SPG card.

I wrote a letter to CEO American Express.
Received a call from CEO office in 2 weeks.
Very nice call and expressed an understanding that I spend $1 million per year and have never been targeted.
They said they have had lots of complaints and are in the process of designing a program for high spenders but this was for new or low spenders>
Gave me $100 credit for my trouble.
Made me happy.
Old May 22, 2007, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Duke5150
Very nice call and expressed an understanding that I spend $1 million per year and have never been targeted.
They said they have had lots of complaints and are in the process of designing a program for high spenders but this was for new or low spenders>
Made me happy.
Considering that they charge 3-4% per transaction, on 1M thats 30-40k, spending 100 for your trouble and to make you happy pretty good from AMEX perspective.
Old May 22, 2007, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Duke5150
Made me happy.
$100? I think Amex got off cheap, considering your spending level.

I'll be curious to see what they do for high spenders. I wrote a letter to Doria Camaraza last week and included a copy of my latest MC statement (>$150K - it was not an ordinary month) with the letter (for various reasons, my total Amex spending for the same period was less than $25K). I really hope I don't get another house plant.

Last edited by singlemalt; May 22, 2007 at 7:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.