Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Canmore (near Banff) - Four Points left SPG 5/12/2008, to become Hilton

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canmore (near Banff) - Four Points left SPG 5/12/2008, to become Hilton

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2008, 3:19 pm

Location: somewhere Cl. III / III+, with green waves and friendly holes
Programs: *wood Platinum, HH Gold, OneWorld Emerald, QF GOLD, AP Premium, Mabuhay Elite, bunch o others...
Sad to see it go

Yep, a poster child for decent 4pts property...
Shame!
Old May 15, 2008, 9:42 am

This hotel is now called "The Hotel of the Rockies" and has no major chain affiliation yet, apparently it is in the process but the hotel would not disclose who it will be.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 9:40 pm

I can confirm that this hotel is going to Hilton.

I work in the window coverings industry and one of my designers signed the contract this afternoon to be the design consultant on the overhaul. This is first hand information with a trusted dealer who does not know of my history on FT so she was just excited about the size of this job and shared the info when I arrived.

She said that the original owners are still in place, they have just changed hotel chains. She said the project is to start asap but I did not ask any other details ie. new opening date.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 3:25 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Bummer

It's too bad that the FP Canmore isn't a Starwood anymore. I stayed there many times in the past 5 years, while I was having a house built in Canmore. I sure hope Starwood comes up with another hotel in the area! Canmore is a great location, close to Banff and Lake Louise for those skiers who don't want to pay an arm and a leg in Banff, and the quiet town of Canmore, with some really good restaurants (Quarry, Crazyweed, Treo) and some good beer at the Grizzly Paw!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.