Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood Discount Codes (SET #)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2010, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Maybe we can get a FlyerTalk SET code?
Anything is possible ;-)

Long as you can guarantee certain amount of room per year.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by MrEntrepreneur
Long as you can guarantee certain amount of room per year.
With this crowd? We could probably guarantee a few thousand room-nights per year!
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:41 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Talking

With this crowd? We could probably guarantee a few thousand room-nights per year!
Flyertalk has roundabout 270000 members. If everyone makes only 4 nights per year with starwood, then its more than a million room-nights per year...
Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:16 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Flyertalk has roundabout 270000 members.
But only a small percentage of those are active SPG members.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Maybe we can get a FlyerTalk SET code?
it would be amazing if this could be done....william, thyetus, any suggestions on how this could be made possible????
Old Jul 14, 2010, 5:01 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
yes true, I think using this forum would be a better gauge of interest; just like if FT had say a Best Western code, I would never use it since I do not frequent the chain

How many SPG forum posters are Plat? then Gold

that may be a good place to start
Old Jul 14, 2010, 5:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Indeed. Plus of the 270,000 FT members, only a modest percentage will be active members.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by RAPC
Indeed. Plus of the 270,000 FT members, only a modest percentage will be active members.
lets say 10% of the total members here are spg members....

that would make it 27k....

then lets say each member has only 5 stays a year & each stay is for 2 nights....

that would make it 135k stays & 270k nights in a year from ft members....

would that be enough to make a case for our own set code????
Old Jul 14, 2010, 6:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by saad
Before you get to that stage, how many FT members are active FT members in any given month? I'd be surprised if it was much past 50,000.

Then apply those figures to it, which would make it around 25k stays and 50k nights based on your ratios.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RAPC
Before you get to that stage, how many FT members are active FT members in any given month? I'd be surprised if it was much past 50,000.

Then apply those figures to it, which would make it around 25k stays and 50k nights based on your ratios.
lets look at it this way....let say there are 10% spg members of the total ft membership pool....out of this lets say 5% are plats, 10% are gold & the remaining 85% only have a couple of stays per year....

so 10% of the total members would be 27,000 spg members....

5% of the total spg members would be 1,350 plat members....

10% of the total spg members would be 2,700 gold members....

85% of the remaining spg members would be 22,950 members....

plats would stay anywhere between 25 stays to 50 nights a year so that would be between 33,750 stays or 67,500 nights a year....

golds would stay anywhere between 10 stays to 25 nights in a year so that would be between 27,000 stays to 67,500 nights a year....

regular members would have 2 stays or 4 nights a year so that would be between 45,900 stays or 91,800 nights a year....

that makes it a grand total of 106,650 stays or 226,800 nights a year....
Old Jul 14, 2010, 6:33 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Originally Posted by saad

that would make it 27k....

then lets say each member has only 5 stays a year & each stay is for 2 nights....

that would make it 135k stays & 270k nights in a year from ft members....

would that be enough to make a case for our own set code????
but, as everyone is bemoaning on this board, how can you prove that you actually belong to FT? i mean, protecting the integrity of the SET should be of the utmost importance. and very few people on this board have a handle that matches their name.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
but, as everyone is bemoaning on this board, how can you prove that you actually belong to FT? i mean, protecting the integrity of the SET should be of the utmost importance. and very few people on this board have a handle that matches their name.
very true....i agree with that logic completely....i'm just saying that the number of stays & nights from ft members would add up to a pretty decent amount....maybe someone else can figure out how this could work....
Old Jul 14, 2010, 7:01 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
With a discount code, I would imagine that those who aren't tied to a particular program might be more prone to stay at *Wood. I certainly would choose that over Hilton if the discount were significant. It would be a great marketing move, it seems to me (of course, I'm not a marketing person).
Old Jul 14, 2010, 7:30 am

This thread has gone on tangent.

Companies that have the most stays have the best rates.

The likes of IBM, E&Y, PWC, and others have some of the best rates but keep in mind they also are different by region and certain properties.

There are companies which have countrywide rates but they are much more expensive.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 7:55 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MrEntrepreneur
The likes of IBM, E&Y, PWC, and others have some of the best rates but keep in mind they also are different by region and certain properties.
This is a good piece of info. My company does have a national rate code with Starwood, but in general it isn't very good as we are pushed more toward Marriott properties. But there are a few places where there are some very nice negociated rates for a particular hotel or two. I happen to be traveling a lot to one of those locations, so it hasn't been to much trouble maintaining my Plat status. But if I change my travel destination, I would most likely have major issues trying to pick a Starwood hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.